Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:18 pm

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:05 pm

HughDYork wrote:
Reading all these things about offended feelings i come to conclusion that empathy nowadays is a severe mental illness.

No. It's more like assholism has become an epidemic. Internet anonymity has breed the culture of bullying assholery that got Trump elected.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Exactly! And while the citizens remain distracted, rooting for their team and trashing the other, they fail to understand that both teams are funded by the oligarchs, who continue to carve up more of the pie for themselves.

Plenty of people are plenty aware.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

Meanwhile, nobody seems to be giving a s**t about the American citizens literally going hungry in Puerto Rico.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
And the soap opera continues with diehard spectators hopelessly addicted.

The star of the show (in your soap opera) is still putting on quite a "performance". Let's be frank, his lack concern over the people he mocks (in the case of McCain a terminally ill war hero) not just belies his grandiose narcissism but provides a toxic role model for those looking to pick on the vulnerable in society.

My main point in posting this story is that his attitude toward those with "physical" disabilities is quite clearly negative so it's not a quantum leap to guess what he thinks of people with mental disorders. My guess is that he still carries a "frat boy" attitude that all people with disabilities are the r-word because life has taught him he can get away with putting people down who he considers "inferior" (which in turn fits in with his narcissism).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

marshall wrote:
Meanwhile, nobody seems to be giving a s**t about the American citizens literally going hungry in Puerto Rico.

Not to mention no power or running water

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

HughDYork wrote:
Reading all these things about offended feelings i come to conclusion that empathy nowadays is a severe mental illness.

Then Christ was mentally ill by your standards.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
HughDYork wrote:

Then Christ was mentally ill by your standards.

Christ does exhibit a number of symptoms of a cult leader

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:23 pm

That's f*cked up, I mean I have never cared much for John McCain...but come on mimicking injuries he got in war? That is pretty low.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:46 pm

There are young people who internalise this behavior as being socially acceptable to mock the disabled (heck! if the POTUS can do it what's wrong with it)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:47 pm

Sadly true, CyberDad.

"No-one has done more for the disabled than I have" tweeted one Donald J Trump earlier this year.

(Yes Donald, of course you have, the emperor is always fully dressed...)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:52 pm

B19 wrote:
Sadly true, CyberDad.

"No-one has done more for the disabled than I have" tweeted one Donald J Trump earlier this year.

Wow trump is the emperor from that story isn't he, its like it was written about him....

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:58 pm

I think so.. the child is the voice of consciousness, perception and honesty in this famous story, the only one capable of speaking the truth, compared to the rest who have surrendered their capacity for honesty and truth in a kingdom ruled by lies.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:14 pm

B19 wrote:
Sadly true, CyberDad.

Yes this hyperpole from Trump is well known
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/pres ... -1.3318447

What is less well known is what Trump thinks of disabled people on Medicaid
He removed fundng for medicaid which his spokesperson Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah told CNN he believed people on Medicaid were lazy, greedy and simply out to get whatever they could for free.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
That's f*cked up, I mean I have never cared much for John McCain...but come on mimicking injuries he got in war? That is pretty low.

My mother and my step father would say "He betrayed his party! He deserves to get ridiculed by Trump!" and they are no friends of liberals at all.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
marshall wrote:

Not to mention no power or running water

Food spoils quickly in hot climates. Stores have run out of fuel for their generators.