Self Identified Autistic Garrison Keillor too

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

Garrison Keillor fired by Minnesota Public Radio over claims of inappropriate behavior

Quote:
Minnesota Public Radio said it was terminating its contracts with Keillor and his private media companies, citing "allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him." It did not elaborate on the nature of the allegations.

MPR, which produces "A Prairie Home Companion," said it was notified of the allegations last month, and that they related to his conduct while he was responsible for production of the show.

Keillor, 75, created the folksy variety program in 1974 and hosted it for decades until he retired last year.

MPR said it will stop rebroadcasting episodes of "A Prairie Home Companion" from the Keillor era. It also said it will change the name of the show, which is now hosted by Chris Thile.

Keillor, in an op-ed for The Washington Post published on Tuesday, had defended Minnesota Democratic Senator Al Franken, who was recently accused by Leeann Tweeden of groping and kissing her without her consent during a USO tour in 2006.

Keillor wrote that calls for Franken to resign were "pure absurdity."

9th Annual Minnesota Autism Conference: Garrison Keillor Unforgettable
Quote:
The 19th Annual Minnesota Autism Conference began Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Garrison Keillor, of the Minnesota Public Radio Show A Prairie Home Companion, was the keynote speaker.

Keillor’s talk began with him explaining that some would say he is on the autism spectrum. He smiled and said, “I’ve come to meet the others.”

From entertaining remarks about what the male species contributes to a relationship and the start of a family to notes about normalcy and how he was glad he wasn’t “typical”, the audience, myself included, enjoyed a few chuckles.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm

It's impossible to keep up this week.

Liberal reporter says everyone knew for years that liberal congressman was a creep, and none of them did anything:

Cokie Roberts: Oh, We All Knew To Avoid Getting in An Elevator With Rep. Conyers

Speaking on ABC's "This Week," Cokie Roberts made a startling admission: "every female in the press corps knew" to avoid being in an elevator with Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), and has apparently known about this "for years." Conyers has been accused of multiple instances of sexual harassment and has stepped down from the House Judiciary Committee.

Despite the allegations against him, major players in the Democratic Party have defended Conyers and will not say that he should resign. Pelosi even referred to the embattled congressman as an "icon."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christine ... s-n2414826

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 2:46 pm

And another major news reporter:

NBC Fires Lauer Over Sexual-Harassment Claim — But Are More Coming?

Give NBC some credit for its own scoop. Last week, CBS had to fire its morning anchor over sexual harassment charges after a Washington Post investigation turned up a number of women who detailed incidents of sexual harassment involving Charlie Rose. This morning, NBC broke the story on its own morning anchor, firing Matt Lauer after an internal investigation over a complaint reached the desk of NBC News chairman Andrew Lack. While the one complaint was only raised two days ago, the official announcement hints that more allegations are likely to arise:

Matt Lauer, the anchor of “Today” for two decades, was fired by NBC News after a detailed complaint about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/29/ ... ent-claim/

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 3:34 pm

Darmok wrote:

Give NBC some credit for its own scoop. Last week, CBS had to fire its morning anchor over sexual harassment charges after a Washington Post investigation turned up a number of women who detailed incidents of sexual harassment involving Charlie Rose. This morning, NBC broke the story on its own morning anchor, firing Matt Lauer after an internal investigation over a complaint reached the desk of NBC News chairman Andrew Lack. While the one complaint was only raised two days ago, the official announcement hints that more allegations are likely to arise:

Matt Lauer, the anchor of “Today” for two decades, was fired by NBC News after a detailed complaint about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.

Existing Matt Lauer thread

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Darmok wrote:

WP needs a better search function -- I searched for "Lauer" before posting the above so I wouldn't duplicate, and it returned nothing current. :(

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 4:20 pm

Darmok wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Darmok wrote:

WP needs a better search function -- I searched for "Lauer" before posting the above so I wouldn't duplicate, and it returned nothing current. :(

WP needs a lot of betting things

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 5:10 pm

Quote:
In a statement he provided to The New York Times, Mr. Keillor said, “I’ve been fired over a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard. Most stories are.”

Later on Wednesday, The Star Tribune of Minneapolis published an email from Mr. Keillor in response to a reporter’s questions, giving his version of an encounter with an unidentified woman.

“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back,” he wrote. “I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it.”

Mr. Keillor claimed that they continued to be friends “right up until her lawyer called.”

He insisted his discomfort with physical affection was common knowledge, adding, “If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I’d have at least a hundred dollars.”

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 6:08 am

Geez, pretty soon every guy in government and entertainment will be exposed as a pig the way this is going!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

I just heard on the nightly news that Keillor touched a woman's back while consoling her. how is this different from a hug? are hugs soon to be verboten?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 9:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I just heard on the nightly news that Keillor touched a woman's back while consoling her. how is this different from a hug? are hugs soon to be verboten?

Wait a minute... was that all it was?!?!?!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

from watching the newscast [NBC nightly news, just now], it was just that. If that is indeed accurate reportage, that is profoundly unfair, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. a new McCarthyism has descended upon the land.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm

Five women now accuse Senator Al Franken of sexual misconduct.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 908535001/

Street Artist pokes fun at Al Franken....
http://www.startribune.com/guerrilla-ar ... 461085853/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

from watching the newscast [NBC nightly news, just now], it was just that. If that is indeed accurate reportage, that is profoundly unfair, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. a new McCarthyism has descended upon the land.

McCathryism is seeing a resurgence! 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

McCathryism is seeing a resurgence! 8O

America is in a dark age now. lord knows if we will recover soon enough [or ever] to prevent terminal damage to our republic.