Vatican disputes US decision on Jerusalem

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

The Pope is right. You shouldn't try to fulfill a Biblical prophecy if it would bring more violence into an already war-torn region.

We can all share Jerusalem.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

This whole Dominionist shtick reminds me of a (possibly apocryphal) conversation between Bohr and Einstein;

Einstein: God does not play dice with the universe.

Bohr: Albert, stop telling God what to do.

Really - have none of these people ever heard of hubris?

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:44 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
This whole Dominionist shtick reminds me of a (possibly apocryphal) conversation between Bohr and Einstein;

Einstein: God does not play dice with the universe.

Bohr: Albert, stop telling God what to do.

Really - have none of these people ever heard of hubris?

Trump and Netanyahu are trying to control Jerusalem for a reason. Even if they fail, they likely won't be punished.

They're being careless because they will still be famous and well-off even if they kill hundreds of people trying to pull this off. They have no consequences to fear.

That's the most painful thing about Trump. Even if he is impeached and shamed, he will likely live out the remainder of his life in wealth and luxury. Even if he destroys his country and the whole world, he will stay on easy street.

That's why so many of these wealthy politicians display hubris. Being arrogant feels good ... especially if the threat of incarceration doesn't hang above your head.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

There's a chicken-and-egg aspect to that. Are they arrogant and hubristic because they are powerful, or do they seek power because they are arrogant and hubristic?

For the rest of us, it doesn't matter, of course; we will have the same mess to live through, then clean up, either way.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 11:28 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
There's a chicken-and-egg aspect to that. Are they arrogant and hubristic because they are powerful, or do they seek power because they are arrogant and hubristic?

For the rest of us, it doesn't matter, of course; we will have the same mess to live through, then clean up, either way.

I'm pretty sure that it starts with hubris.

Once they get into power, the vicious cycle begins.