Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 1:15 am

http://theweek.com/speedreads/748330/trump-confirms-canceled-february-trip-britain-cites-embassy-real-estate

Quote:
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

British news outlets had already reported that Trump had canceled the trip, which along with the embassy ribbon-cutting was expected to include a state visit hosted by Queen Elizabeth II. Trump had accepted the invitation but the White House had never "nailed down the details of the trip",

Me thinks the bully fears pushback

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 3:20 am

I think the 2 million British signatures on a petition to have Theresa Mays invitation to him withdrawn may play a factor in this as would the House of Commons speaker John Bercow saying he would not allow Trump to speak at Westminster and of course, Jeremy Corbyn urging the people to come out in force if he turned up probably put a damper on it too. He's really not a terribly popular person outside of the US.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 8:18 am

I'm grateful we've saved all the money we would have spent on policing the resulting demonstrations. I suspect he considers the UK is a sh*thole and he'd rather go to Norway.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 9:37 am

They sold a house in London for peanuts. I can afford peanuts, why was I not told :(

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
They sold a house in London for peanuts. I can afford peanuts, why was I not told :(

£500m worth of peanuts :)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 10:16 am

HauntedKnight wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

£500m worth of peanuts :)

£500m that's not peanuts. That's cashew nuts. :D

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 10:42 am

Trump should be banned from entering the UK precisely like Richard Spencer and Pamela Geller and precisely for the same reasons.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 10:49 am

Piobaire wrote:
Trump should be banned from entering the UK precisely like Richard Spencer and Pamela Geller and precisely for the same reasons.

I'd prefer it if the English gave him a piece of their mind.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 6:30 pm

This was the funniest thing I have ever read about him.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 7:39 pm

Irony is Obama had nothing to do with it.

Trump calls off trip to London, blaming Obama for Bush embassy decision

Quote:
The problem with that explanation is that Trump's tweet misrepresented the history of the U.S. Embassy move. According to the State Department and the U.S. Embassy itself, it was the administration of President George W. Bush — not Obama — that decided to build a new embassy in 2006 and chose the new location in 2008.

And the billion-dollar price tag is typical of an embassy construction of that size. Officials also said that it was financed entirely by the sale of other U.S. property in England — not new taxpayer money. It opens to the public on Jan. 16

Ooops

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 7:43 pm

If a tree falls in the forest and Fox News isn't there to cover it, is it still Obama's fault?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 11:04 pm

Piobaire wrote:
If a tree falls in the forest and Fox News isn't there to cover it, is it still Obama's fault?

Of course it is!

Every REAL AMERICAN knows that Barack Obama is singlehandedly responsible for 9/11, the Holocaust, the Fall of Rome, the Bubonic Plague, the Crucifixion of Jesus, the Rape of Nanjing, the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, the cancellation of Hee Haw and the death of Clifford Joseph Trahan.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

The UK's too good for Trump, anyways. It's Trump's loss. He doesn't know what he's missing.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 7:40 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The UK's too good for Trump, anyways. It's Trump's loss. He doesn't know what he's missing.

Perhaps he cancelled the trip when he realized that Britain isn't an absolute monarchy anymore. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 7:40 pm

Might have something to do with the British royal family inviting the Obamas for the upcoming royal wedding and omitting the orange one...the princess to be (Meghan Markle) has made her feelings known about Trump