Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 8:31 pm

Funny enough, I don't worry about getting shot. The majority of people in this country go a lifetime without ever hearing a gunshot. It's not a war zone believe it or not.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 8:36 pm

SH90 wrote:
Funny enough, I don't worry about getting shot. The majority of people in this country go a lifetime without ever hearing a gunshot. It's not a war zone believe it or not.

Something has got to change though right? What is the root of the problem?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 8:43 pm

domineekee wrote:

People and the lack of criminal prosecution; we should stop letting dirt bags plea violent crimes down... I am not giving up my guns because of a few jerk offs. Notice how the majority of shootings happen in gun free zones?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 8:54 pm

domineekee wrote:
Raptor wrote:
B19 wrote:
There has never been a school shooting in New Zealand, and I hope there never will be, perhaps USA members can understand why we look at these events in the USA with despair for the innocent victims and shake our heads down here. I was talking to an American immigrant the other day who was complaining that he had to keep his firearms stored under lock and key and undergo the routine police checks. I responded that these differences might account for the low rate of gun caused deaths here, and hoped he would enjoy living in a safer country.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

I'm confused by this comment. I come from a place where we don't worry about getting shot, it's beautifully simple. I can't imagine having to defend gun ownership or even take a stance on the subject, if there were guns all over the place that would be a change for the worse. IMA (arrogant)O

I don't worry about house fires but I still have a fire extinguisher
I dont worry about traffic accidents but I still wear my seat belt
I don't worry about it either but I still carry a pistol

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:00 pm

SH90 wrote:
domineekee wrote:

People and the lack of criminal prosecution; we should stop letting dirt bags plea violent crimes down... I am not giving up my guns because of a few jerk offs. Notice how the majority of shootings happen in gun free zones?

Nope, I hadn't noticed. How would you would feel if all of your guns were confiscated? I'm not being provocative , I'm just curious that people can identify with their guns so strongly. Trying to enter the mindset. How does that happen? Is it from hearing about all the murders or have you developed a strong aesthetic appreciation of guns from being around them? How do they make you feel?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:16 pm

I am a competition shooter, I also make a portion of income from the firearm industry (about 14% last year). I believe in the 2nd Amendment; not only for self preservation, but for protecting my other rights... If a gun confiscation would be attempted, I would stand and fight along with many other Americans (this is why it will never happen). I doubt the police would entertain the idea and most wouldn't volunteer to go around for mass confiscation. The majority of police officers are also gun enthusiasts and buy their own weapons for the job (at least around here); they buy them the same way any other civilian does.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm

Another week another school shooting... collateral damage?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:23 pm

B19 wrote:
Another week another school shooting... collateral damage?

The problem was the individual and most likely the school/parents. Why should we punish others, by taking away their rights? Even if we banned guns, it's much easier to enforce on a tiny island with a small population.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:27 pm

My dad and grandpa own guns and I've been taken target shooting for years.
But they have a very cerimonial type of respect for guns and how dangerous they can be.
I'm only allowed access to to the .22 pistol I target shoot on the shooting range under very strict precautions.
Every firearm is unloaded and locked up when not on the shooting range.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:36 pm

I had access to the family AR15 since middle school, with dozens of loaded magazines sitting next to it... I had some solid training on how to use it and I was very proficient with it, even back then.

Funny enough, this was during the Clinton "Assault" Weapons Ban :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 10:43 pm

it can be said that many people here are totally oblivious to the many uncorrected faults of this place, in fact they see those faults as features. I so wish we as a nation could rise to the level of sensibility that is taken for granted in such places as New Zealand.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it can be said that many people here are totally oblivious to the many uncorrected faults of this place, in fact they see those faults as features. I so wish we as a nation could rise to the level of sensibility that is taken for granted in such places as New Zealand.

Why not immigrant to such a place? I will gladly pay for a one way plane ticket if it would help... You may think the gun is the fault; but plenty of other people, including myself don’t. We don’t believe gun bans are sensible and confiscation shouldn’t be enforced because it would make you feel better. Yours and anyone else’s feelings shouldn’t take away someone’s rights.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:07 pm

SH90 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Why not immigrant to such a place? I will gladly pay for a one way plane ticket if it would help... You may think the gun is the fault; but plenty of other people, including myself don’t. We don’t believe gun bans are sensible and confiscation shouldn’t be enforced because it would make you feel better. Yours and anyone else’s feelings shouldn’t take away someone’s rights.

:wall: did I say "g*n" at any time in my post? DID I??! ! :x

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:

It’s a discussion about shootings and obviously that would includes the apparently bad word, “GUN”. Your post indicates gun control, more specifically implies you want a gun ban similar to New Zealand (their strict laws, may as well be a ban). How about you clarify how your post isn’t gun related in a discussion about gun control? We don’t need to sugar coat it, most of the liberals on this site believe gun control in the form of confiscation and the elimination of one’s rights.

It still stands, one could always move.

Last edited by SH90 on 02 Feb 2018, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:19 pm

SH90 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It’s a discussion about shootings and obviously that would includes the apparently bad word, “GUN”. Your post indicates gun control, more specifically implies you want a gun ban similar to New Zealand. How about you clarify how your post isn’t gun related in a discussion about gun control? We don’t need to sugar coat it, most of the liberals on this site believe gun control in the form of confiscation and the elimination of one’s rights.

can you not read English? my post did NOT "indicate gun control." do not add things to my post. I did not mention or even HINT about g*n anywhere in the above post. it was a GENERAL post about GENERAL problems in amuuurica. do NOT put words in my mouth, that is irritating as hell. furthermore, do NOT tell me what I should post. if you so don't like what I write, have the decency to just skip past my posts henceforth.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:25 pm

Interesting, so a off topic post not about shootings, guns, or gun control in discussion about shootings and gun control. Got it, thanks for the vague clarification :roll: