Page 17 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
A them vs us type thing, where them are enemy. It comes of as one side having biased staff on their side. Others have pointed this out as well, so it's not just my imagination.

I certainly don't seek to personally profile or vilify the pro-Trump people? I am concerned about the attitudes/philosophy that underpins (for example) the thought that Trump deserves to have a military parade as if he's some type of commander in chief (something he is self-evidently undeserving off)

I don't think anyone is arguing that trump should have a military parade. I think that they are arguing that the idea is to have a 4th of july independents day parade, similar to france's bastille day parade and disagree with claims that it's supposed to be a parade for trump himself.

cyberdad wrote:
It has, however, not escaped my attention there are a few on these threads who's primary aim is to derail any thread about Donald Trump by baiting other posters rather than addressing/debating the news posted. It's obvious it has not escaped the attention of B19 either.

Right so one side is playing dirty and willfully sabotaging etc, while the other side is sparkling clean and being victimized or whatever.

The thing with moderators is that they're supposed to be moderate and not appear strongly biased and/or appear to take sides. I was offered a position as moderator here once and I turned it down because I knew it would require me to appear more neutral than I want to be.

Last edited by EzraS on 14 Feb 2018, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 4:36 am

Soooo if the military are saying this is a waste of time/money/resources & don't want this, doesn't that leave the only reason to go ahead with it being to inflate Trump's ego? So then why bother? So ridiculous.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 4:47 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Soooo if the military are saying this is a waste of time/money/resources & don't want this, doesn't that leave the only reason to go ahead with it being to inflate Trump's ego? So then why bother? So ridiculous.

What do you mean by the military exactly, the joint chiefs of staff?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:07 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Anyone in any branch, active or retired, who's made headlines in the last week saying they don't think it's a good use of resources. There have been a few different headlines of military men stating they think this is a stupid idea & a waste of money.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:22 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Anyone in any branch, active or retired, who's made headlines in the last week saying they don't think it's a good use of resources. There have been a few different headlines of military men stating they think this is a stupid idea & a waste of money.

I'm not sure if a few naysayers speak for the military as a whole. My guess is said headlines are found in the Washington Post and the like.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Right so one side is playing dirty and willfully sabotaging etc, while the other side is sparkling clean and being victimized or whatever.

I think it's certain individuals (I'm not referring to you) who prefer smug innuendo to constructive discussion, I think they know who they are...

EzraS wrote:
The thing with moderators is that they're supposed to be moderate and not appear strongly biased and/or appear to take sides. I was offered a position as moderator here once and I turned it down because I knew it would require me to appear more neutral than I want to be.

I get it, it's hard to be objective when you are passionate about something. Yes that can bias both sides of an argument

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 6:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think it's certain individuals (I'm not referring to you) who prefer smug innuendo to constructive discussion, I think they know who they are...

One of the threads that I recall getting called out for being derailed, kept getting derailed by several people on both sides. Really it just simply seemed more like the topic just kept digressing.

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I get it, it's hard to be objective when you are passionate about something. Yes that can bias both sides of an argument

It's not easy, but it's pretty much essential. Not necessarily being completely neutral, but not appearing entirely against one side and coming up with derogatory pet names for them etc.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 9:22 am

For a baby boomer as Trump is these parades with military hardware evokes the Soviet and Red Chinese ones designed to intimidate. We do not remember the post WWII victory parades, the returning Vietnam vets got spat on and called baby killers instead of getting parades.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 9:46 am

It's amazing to me how much upset and gloomy pessimism there is over a forth of july parade.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

EzraS wrote:
It's amazing to me how much upset and gloomy pessimism there is over a forth of july parade.

:roll:

He doesn't want to celebrate Independence Day with a bigger fireworks display.. he wants to show off military hardware like a third will dictator trying to convince his people and the world that he can blow stuff up, too, and it's ridiculous so many people are calling him out on it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

I don't see the point, I certainly wont watch it...

Lets just hope they don't make it mandatory like the military parades in North Korea.

It would be funny too if Trump has the whole thing scheduled and no one shows up to march in said parade. Then I guess it will be up to him as well as Pence and evil keebler elf Sessions :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

He doesn't want to celebrate Independence Day with a bigger fireworks display.. he wants to show off military hardware like a third will dictator trying to convince his people and the world that he can blow stuff up, too, and it's ridiculous so many people are calling him out on it.

Given Trump's obvious dislike of democracy, it would be hypocritical for him to participate in a holiday dedicated to the triumph of democracy.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:31 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Given Trump's obvious dislike of democracy, it would be hypocritical for him to participate in a holiday dedicated to the triumph of democracy.

Very true.

It'll be hard not to view the parade as one big several block long penis compensator.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Very true.

It'll be hard not to view the parade as one big several block long penis compensator.

Don't you mean button compensator? :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Very true.

Don't you mean button compensator? :lol:

Now, why is it that I get the impression that Trump has a micro-penis, just like Hitler? :lol:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

if there was ever a 28th amendment i would like it to say that all americans have the god-given right to compensate for shortcomings without judgement.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.