Putin: The hackers "weren't really Russian".

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/03/11/putin-condemned-for-saying-jews-may-have-manipulated-u-s-election/?utm_term=.4568bd4d926e

Quote:
“Maybe they’re not even Russians,” Putin told Megyn Kelly, referring to who might have been behind the election interference. “Maybe they’re Ukrainian, Tatars, Jews — just with Russian citizenship.”

This says a lot about Bad Vlad, but nothing good.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 6:52 pm

This might get interesting.....

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 7:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The news article is mostly focusing on Putin's anti-Semitism, but I'm more concerned about Putin's belief that Tatars "aren't really Russian".

Claiming that Tartars "aren't really Russian" is like claiming that Powhatans "aren't really American". Disgraceful.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 9:07 pm

There's always something new to get upset over.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm

EzraS wrote:
There's always something new to get upset over.

Spare me your garbage.

Tatars have been persecuted in Russia for centuries. I care because some of my ancestors were Tatars.

When the Russian Empire expanded eastward, Tatar lands were conquered. Putin has no right to claim that Tatars aren't really Russian.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 10:36 am

I don't get it ... the US indictment is for the people at the "Internet Research Agency".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Research_Agency

These people were named.

So, Putin should know precisely who these people are.

In the wiki link ...

"The individuals indicted by the Washington, D.C. grand jury in February 2018 are "Mikhail Ivanovich Bystrov, Mikhail Leonidovich Burchik, Aleksandra Yuryevna Krylova, Anna Vladislavovna Bogacheva, Sergey Pavlovich Polozov, Maria Anatolyevna Bovda, Robert Sergeyevich Bovda, Dzheykhun Nasimi Ogly Aslanov, Vadim Vladimirovich Podkopaev, Gleb Igorevitch Vasilchenko, Irina Viktorovna Kaverzina, Yevgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin and Vladimir Venkov"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 1:39 am

I wonder how those Russian citizens who happen to be of Jewish, Tatar, or Ukrainian background feel about having their status as actual Russians questioned... by their President.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 1:44 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The news article is mostly focusing on Putin's anti-Semitism, but I'm more concerned about Putin's belief that Tatars "aren't really Russian".

Claiming that Tartars "aren't really Russian" is like claiming that Powhatans "aren't really American". Disgraceful.

Sadly, after Czarist Russia had cleared the Black Sea region of Tatars, my Palatine German ancestors were invited to settle there in the 19th century. Then guess what - - the descendants of those Black Sea Germans were cleared off their land and sent to Siberia and elsewhere in Asia, because said Russian Germans were regarded as potentially foreign enemies.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I wonder how those Russian citizens who happen to be of Jewish, Tatar, or Ukrainian background feel about having their status as actual Russians questioned... by their President.

Perhaps they should be thrilled considering how evil Russians are supposed to be.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 3:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Perhaps they should be thrilled considering how evil Russians are supposed to be.

How would you feel if your President questioned your loyalty as an American, simply because of ethnicity or religion?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Given that Putin is a dictator, they are probably disgusted, but not exactly surprised.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 10:49 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Given that Putin is a dictator, they are probably disgusted, but not exactly surprised.

Very likely. Knowing that probably didn't make them feel any better, though.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 4:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How would you feel if your President questioned your loyalty as an American, simply because of ethnicity or religion?

I think when certain Americans say "the Russians did it" they are pretty obviously singling out a spacific demographic that excludes Tatars and Jews and whoever else. And he did seem to specify those with duel citizenship or green cards.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 9:05 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No one say that Russians are "evils", rather it's that the Russian government is authoritarian.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 4:41 pm

Marat Safin and sister Dinara Safina played tennis for Russia and they have their ancestry in the Tatar region. Unrelated to anything, but they are definitely considered Russian.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 10:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think when certain Americans say "the Russians did it" they are pretty obviously singling out a spacific demographic that excludes Tatars and Jews and whoever else. And he did seem to specify those with duel citizenship or green cards.

No, what we mean is, the Putin government of Russia did it. It was Putin who slung out groups as suspects that he is obviously bigoted toward.