Page 3 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:37 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Well-. Regulated. Militia.

SCOTUS ruled in DC v. Heller that the Second Amendment does ensure private ownership of guns as an individual right.

goldfish21 wrote:
Because people are dying.

People die all the time, more people die from obesity then they do by gun... Where is the outrage? Maybe we should ban fat people.

Oh and hurry, let's rip up the Constitution! Because guns are evil :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 11:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Maybe there'll be a silver lining of America becoming even better off for having endure this horror story. Maybe it'll help shine a light on all that is wrong in the USA today and bit by bit the American people will fix things for themselves. 8)

I think there is scope for something positive to come out of this march. However I recall the last march by women protesting against Trump was turned into a distorted tweet by Trump claiming the women were actually celebrating 1 yr of him being in office. Translation: I have very low expectations of Trump doing anything constructive

I think it will be a positive if enough of us are alive to have any type of future at this point. I was a starting to get some hope that I was too paranoid. The recent staff changes at the White House have taken that hope away. Nuclear, chemical, biological and cyber weapons can kill a lot more people than semi automatic weapons or weapons with bump stocks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 2:29 pm

Former Sen. Rick Santorum Said Kids Should Be Learning CPR Instead of Protesting Gun Violence

Quote:
A day after massive gun control protests swept the country, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said teenage activists should prepare for potential shootings by taking CPR classes, instead of advocating for “phony gun laws.”

The former presidential candidate and current CNN commentator suggested on the network’s State of the Union show that high school students, not lawmakers, should be proactive when it comes to ending gun violence.

“How about kids, instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations where there is a violent shooter?” Santorum said.

Santorum added that while he’s “proud” of the teenage activists who organized Saturday’s protests, their energy would be better spent tackling the problem at the individual level.

“They didn’t take action to say, ‘How would I, as an individual, deal with this problem? How am I going to do something about stopping bullying within my own community? What am I going to do to actually help respond to a shooter?'” Santorum said.
“Those are the kinds of things where you can take it internally and say, ‘Here’s how I’m going to deal with this, here’s how I’m going to help the situation,’ instead of going and protesting and saying, ‘Oh, someone else needs to pass a law.'”

Backlash to the politician’s statements was swift and firm, with some online commenters noting that CPR likely would not be used to treat a gunshot wound anyway.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 3:20 pm

While CPR is great skill to have, it would also be more advantageous to learn how to read.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 4:10 pm

"Wait, I'm not done mocking children for caring about issues like gun violence and for having the courage I don't have to speak their opinions publicly, showing their own face!"

Stay classy, WP gun nuts! :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
"Wait, I'm not done mocking children for caring about issues like gun violence and for having the courage I don't have to speak their opinions publicly, showing their own face!"

Pretty much! 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 4:58 pm

Population: 127 Million.
Crimes involving guns last year: 8.
Vs number of Americans shot everyday: 96.

https://www.facebook.com/AmericaVersusb ... 843871900/

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2018, 5:05 pm

Why is everyone's first defense "Oh they're just dumb high schoolers what do they know"? If they were coming out in support of guns or against abortion or something, the tune of these exact same people would be very different.

SH90 wrote:

That image is fake.

https://twitter.com/pfpicardi/status/977959864042491905

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 5:10 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
Why is everyone's first defense "Oh they're just dumb high schoolers what do they know"? If they were coming out in support of guns or against abortion or something, the tune of these exact same people would be very different.

Because they have no logical, rational, argument against them so they discount the validity of their protests by attacking them for being young as if young people don't comprehend that they want to stay alive or something. If they had any real argument against them, they'd be arguing it instead of trying to cut people down based on the number of years they've been alive.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

Nekomonster wrote:

SH90 wrote:

That image is fake.

https://twitter.com/pfpicardi/status/977959864042491905

Seems that commenter has a thing for finding altered images of that particular courageous teenage girl. It's creepy.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 6:28 pm

I also would like to point out that the girl who was mocked by that commenter for vomiting during her speech at the march is someone who survived being shot twice in the legs and she still has shrapnel lodged behind her eye, yet she got up in front of millions of people and spoke about her experiences--and after she got sick on stage she finished her speech. That is an incredibly brave and strong young woman.

https://jezebel.com/parkland-shooting-s ... 1824063235

Mocking her for vomiting when talking about her experiences is very low and crass behaviour.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 6:50 pm

I also would like to point out that the girl who was mocked by that commenter for vomiting during her speech at the march is someone who survived being shot twice in the legs and she still has shrapnel lodged behind her eye, yet she got up in front of millions of people and spoke about her experiences--and after she got sick on stage she finished her speech. That is an incredibly brave and strong young woman.

Mocking her for vomiting when talking about her experiences is very low and crass behaviour.

Yep. But what can you expect of people who use guns to compensate for their physical & debate weaknesses? :?

Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 7:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Yep. But what can you expect of people who use guns to compensate for their physical & debate weaknesses? :?

Having your argument lack substance is one thing. Mocking kids who are the victims of gun violence is ... something else. I'm trying really hard not to launch any personal attacks and concentrating on the content of the comments and not the person making the comments, but I'm finding it really difficult in this instance. It's not just crappy behaviour, it's trolling behaviour. Especially posting photoshopped memes for the sake of being as offensive as possible, that is classic trolling.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 7:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Having your argument lack substance is one thing. Mocking kids who are the victims of gun violence is ... something else. I'm trying really hard not to launch any personal attacks and concentrating on the content of the comments and not the person making the comments, but I'm finding it really difficult in this instance. It's not just crappy behaviour, it's trolling behaviour. Especially posting photoshopped memes for the sake of being as offensive as possible, that is classic trolling.

I hear ya for sure & commend your ability to communicate this vs. allow it to get the better of you and stoop to their level. 8)

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:27 pm

Using children to push an agenda is the most appalling and cynical thing anyone could do. But then to suggest those children are being attacked, when that is the reason they have put them there is utter hypocrisy.

Quote:
I have tried to see how attacking kids who don't want to be shot to death in their schools is a line of thinking but I just can't. #MarchForOurLives

Tweeted by @SeeDaneRun

This mouth breather also compared gun owners to child rapists, and gun rights to slavery.

Nekomonster wrote:

For one, these kids where enjoying Tide Pods as a recreational drug just last week. Interesting enough, pro-gun victims of this shooting have spoken out. Unfortunately they have not been invited to speak on MSM.

Nekomonster wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:
Because they have no logical, rational, argument against them so they discount the validity of their protests by attacking them for being young as if young people don't comprehend that they want to stay alive or something. If they had any real argument against them, they'd be arguing it instead of trying to cut people down based on the number of years they've been alive.

I have yet hear anything anything but emotional BS from them; nothing logical or rational from them. Other then guns are evil, you don't need them and therefor turn them in. Let's wipe our ass with the Constitution.

Seems that commenter has a thing for finding altered images of that particular courageous teenage girl. It's creepy.

I call it, like I see it... They want to rip up the Constitution and Heil Hogg, well he walked into that one.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:36 pm

I thought blatant trolling was against the posting rules here?