Former President Carter hopes Trump won't be impeached

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 4:40 pm

Jimmy Carter: My preference would be that Trump "not be impeached"

Quote:
Former President Jimmy Carter told CBS' "Sunday Morning" that, regardless of whether Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian interference in the U.S. election should uncover evidence of law-breaking on the part of the president, he would prefer President Donald Trump not be impeached.

"You know, I have confidence in the American system of government," he told "Sunday Morning" host Jane Pauley. "I think ultimately the restraints on a president from the Congress and from the Supreme Court will be adequate to protect our nation, if he serves a full term.

"And I think he will serve a full term unless the special investigator, Mr. Mueller, brings some criminal charges against him."

"What do you think the odds of that are?" asked Pauley.

"I don't have any idea," Mr. Carter replied. "I think Mueller's been very successful in keeping his cards close to his vest and not revealing any plans. But my wish is that Mr. Mueller would go ahead and make a decision, even if it's not anything personally that President Trump has done to violate the law; then I think he ought to make that obvious. And if he has violated the law, that ought to be revealed as well.

"But my own preference would be that he not be impeached, but that he be able to serve out his term, because I think he wants to do a good job. And I'm willing to help him, if I can help him, and give him the benefit of the doubt."

Mr. Carter also offered his opinion on President Trump's dealings with North Korea: "I have had some criticisms of some of the public statements that President Trump has made about 'fire and brimstone' and that sort of thing being utilized," he said, adding that Mr. Trump has "reacted quite well" to word that North Korea wants to talk.

Mr. Carter also said he would be willing to go to North Korea to help if the president needed him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 7:36 pm

Wow. A reasonable person. I thought they were practically extinct.

Now why can't we all be like Jimmy Carter? You know; measured in our responses, level-headed, restrained, not prone to emotional outbursts or "arguments" based upon feelings, and willing to learn, compromise, and keep an open mind. It's not that hard a thing to do.

Now we have stupid people thinking that if they just scream the loudest their opinions will count the most. Idiots like Antifa beating people up, whilst screaming "Love Trumps Hate". The odious and misandrist "metoo" movement. Ugh! What happened to the world I once knew? Why are the lunatics in charge?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 7:44 pm

.. Jim Bakker and Roger Stone were essentially calling for violence if Trump was impeached!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

Lintar wrote:

Now why can't we all be like Jimmy Carter? You know; measured in our responses, level-headed, restrained, not prone to emotional outbursts or "arguments" based upon feelings, and willing to learn, compromise, and keep an open mind. It's not that hard a thing to do.

Now we have stupid people thinking that if they just scream the loudest their opinions will count the most. Idiots like Antifa beating people up, whilst screaming "Love Trumps Hate". The odious and misandrist "metoo" movement. Ugh! What happened to the world I once knew? Why are the lunatics in charge?

Seems like old Mr. Carter may be a bit senile if he thinks Trump wants to do a good job for the American people and isn't in this solely to build his, his family's, and his friends' wealth.

Why are the lunatics in charge? Because stupid people voted for him & then he appointed his family members and Fox News hosts as his aides.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 10:40 pm

I think politics being made into a family business is just as bad with the Kennedys', Bushs', Clintons & Trumps.

If you think wanting to punch neonazis makes people lunatics but nuking others gets a pass, that probably makes all of us lunatics.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 6:40 am

I would be surprised if trump would want to do anything good for anyone except himself to further his own financial interests. Anyone believing that narcissist should go see a shrink.

The entire intelligence community says that s**t is going down, and only trump voters believe the contrary. Do they really think that a corrupt former media person with business dealing in Russia, surrounded by people who have ties to Russia (like Rex Tillerson was awarded the Russian order of friendship) does not have something to hide?

I'm sorry, but your Usa is corrupted beyond repair, you've been had by russian desinformation, there is a war going on and most people are too ignorant to see it. The entire f*****g world is wondering why that narcissistic fatass collaborator is still president and not in jail.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:00 am

I also think Trump wants to do a good job, guess I must be senile as well. Of course there's a difference between wants and actually does. But I'd rather try to have a positive outlook than constantly having my panties in a knot.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:34 am

Ichinin wrote:
I would be surprised if trump would want to do anything good for anyone except himself to further his own financial interests. Anyone believing that narcissist should go see a shrink.

The entire intelligence community says that s**t is going down, and only trump voters believe the contrary. Do they really think that a corrupt former media person with business dealing in Russia, surrounded by people who have ties to Russia (like Rex Tillerson was awarded the Russian order of friendship) does not have something to hide?

I'm sorry, but your Usa is corrupted beyond repair, you've been had by russian desinformation, there is a war going on and most people are too ignorant to see it. The entire f*****g world is wondering why that narcissistic fatass collaborator is still president and not in jail.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!! !! ! :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:36 am

EzraS wrote:
I also think Trump wants to do a good job, guess I must be senile as well. Of course there's a difference between wants and actually does. But I'd rather try to have a positive outlook than constantly having my panties in a knot.

Oh, he wants to do a good job, alright.. for him, his family, and his wealthy friends. He clearly has no interest in doing things to benefit the American people or he'd quit pushing an agenda that directly harms them - like throwing Millions off of health insurance that was mediocre at best to begin with, or implementing tax policy that serves to funnel wealth up from the bottom to the top 1%, or deregulating banks so they can run amuck again to the nth degree and so on and so on. I thought you were a man of evidence, EzraS?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Oh, he wants to do a good job, alright.. for him, his family, and his wealthy friends. He clearly has no interest in doing things to benefit the American people or he'd quit pushing an agenda that directly harms them - like throwing Millions off of health insurance that was mediocre at best to begin with, or implementing tax policy that serves to funnel wealth up from the bottom to the top 1%, or deregulating banks so they can run amuck again to the nth degree and so on and so on. I thought you were a man of evidence, EzraS?

Judging those things is a matter of perspective.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 3:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes, it is.

From the perspective of the top 1% all of those things are pretty good for you. From the perspective of the working class they are terrible.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 3:47 pm

Well, the law of the jungle is always like that: good for the winners and bad for the losers.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 8:49 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes, it is.

From the perspective of the top 1% all of those things are pretty good for you. From the perspective of the working class they are terrible.

That's from the perspective of how certain media spins things and cognitive dissonance.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:17 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Lintar wrote:

Seems like old Mr. Carter may be a bit senile if he thinks Trump wants to do a good job for the American people and isn't in this solely to build his, his family's, and his friends' wealth.

Why are the lunatics in charge? Because stupid people voted for him & then he appointed his family members and Fox News hosts as his aides.

My post wasn't about Trump. It had nothing to do with Trump, but your response is a perfect example of what I I had in mind. That is, your response was illogical, emotional, and nothing more than an outburst, an impulse reaction. You put zero thought into it (like most of Mr. Trump's tweets, ironically enough).

When I asked the question, "Why are the lunatics in charge?", I was thinking of the modern-day world as a whole, not just your country, the United States.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:20 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Well, the law of the jungle is always like that: good for the winners and bad for the losers.

Your point being... ? What? In case you haven't noticed, most of us don't live in jungles, and don't live as though we do. We abide by our consciences, by what we believe to be right. That is what civilised people do. Those who believe "life to be a jungle" are the ones to avoid - the psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists of this world.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:32 pm

Ichinin wrote:
I would be surprised if trump would want to do anything good for anyone except himself to further his own financial interests.

Isn't that one of the things that ALL politicians have in common? Anyone believing otherwise should go see a shrink.

Ichinin wrote:
Anyone believing that narcissist should go see a shrink.

Glad we agree.

Ichinin wrote:
The entire intelligence community says that s**t is going down, and only trump voters believe the contrary.

I didn't vote for President Trump (not eligible), but I don't believe that any "s**t is going down" because there is no evidence for any wrongdoing on his part! Perhaps, in time, someone will uncover something that will allow all those rabid, Hilary-loving Democrats to finally impeach him, but that time is certainly not now because, once again, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

Ichinin wrote:
Do they really think that a corrupt former media person with business dealing in Russia, surrounded by people who have ties to Russia (like Rex Tillerson was awarded the Russian order of friendship) does not have something to hide?

Having business dealings with individuals associated with, or residing within, Russia, is NOT a crime you know. If it is, I would like to know when it became one. This is just racism, pure and simple.

Ichinin wrote:

PROVE IT! Where is the evidence for "Russian disinformation"? Where?! What "war" are you talking about here?