Former President Carter hopes Trump won't be impeached

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:32 pm

Lintar wrote:
Wow. A reasonable person. I thought they were practically extinct.

Now why can't we all be like Jimmy Carter? You know; measured in our responses, level-headed, restrained, not prone to emotional outbursts or "arguments" based upon feelings, and willing to learn, compromise, and keep an open mind. It's not that hard a thing to do.

No it's not. And it's considerably more tranquil. I'm sure it has contributed significantly to Carter's longevity.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:45 pm

Lintar wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Wow. A reasonable person. I thought they were practically extinct.

Now why can't we all be like Jimmy Carter? You know; measured in our responses, level-headed, restrained, not prone to emotional outbursts or "arguments" based upon feelings, and willing to learn, compromise, and keep an open mind. It's not that hard a thing to do.

Now we have stupid people thinking that if they just scream the loudest their opinions will count the most. Idiots like Antifa beating people up, whilst screaming "Love Trumps Hate". The odious and misandrist "metoo" movement. Ugh! What happened to the world I once knew? Why are the lunatics in charge?

Seems like old Mr. Carter may be a bit senile if he thinks Trump wants to do a good job for the American people and isn't in this solely to build his, his family's, and his friends' wealth.

Why are the lunatics in charge? Because stupid people voted for him & then he appointed his family members and Fox News hosts as his aides.

My post wasn't about Trump. It had nothing to do with Trump, but your response is a perfect example of what I I had in mind. That is, your response was illogical, emotional, and nothing more than an outburst, an impulse reaction. You put zero thought into it (like most of Mr. Trump's tweets, ironically enough).

When I asked the question, "Why are the lunatics in charge?", I was thinking of the modern-day world as a whole, not just your country, the United States.

Trump is not my president. No, I mean literally. We have our own Prime Minister in my country.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:48 pm

Lintar wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
I would be surprised if trump would want to do anything good for anyone except himself to further his own financial interests.

Isn't that one of the things that ALL politicians have in common? Anyone believing otherwise should go see a shrink.

Ichinin wrote:
Anyone believing that narcissist should go see a shrink.

Glad we agree.

Ichinin wrote:
The entire intelligence community says that s**t is going down, and only trump voters believe the contrary.

I didn't vote for President Trump (not eligible), but I don't believe that any "s**t is going down" because there is no evidence for any wrongdoing on his part! Perhaps, in time, someone will uncover something that will allow all those rabid, Hilary-loving Democrats to finally impeach him, but that time is certainly not now because, once again, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

Ichinin wrote:
Do they really think that a corrupt former media person with business dealing in Russia, surrounded by people who have ties to Russia (like Rex Tillerson was awarded the Russian order of friendship) does not have something to hide?

Having business dealings with individuals associated with, or residing within, Russia, is NOT a crime you know. If it is, I would like to know when it became one. This is just racism, pure and simple.

Ichinin wrote:
I'm sorry, but your Usa is corrupted beyond repair, you've been had by russian desinformation, there is a war going on and most people are too ignorant to see it. The entire f*****g world is wondering why that narcissistic fatass collaborator is still president and not in jail.

PROVE IT! Where is the evidence for "Russian disinformation"? Where?! What "war" are you talking about here?

No, it isn’t racism at all, pure and simple. “Russian,” is not a race.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 11:18 pm

The evidence for the Russian disinformation comes from a variety of analyses of Twitter sockpuppet accounts using Russian grammatical patterns in English & supplying limited, if any, substantiating personal details. Look into the 'semantic web' if you want to understand this type of linguistic fingerprinting, by this point it's fairly basic digital forensics.

It's fairly obvious from a comparative economics perspective that the least populous global superpower would stand to benefit from inciting divisive populist rage in a somewhat more populous one. Russia is a bigger exporter than they were in the '90s and they have a lot to gain by limiting global trust in the U.S. socioeconomic machine.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 3:39 am

goldfish21 wrote:

What do you expect from people arguing like 12 year olds. "Uh, it's racism". Pretty much sums up how well grounded their arguments are.

"Boohoo, there is no proof". That is true, unless you look at the history of the individual. The fact that the investigation is ongoing and consuming more resources, and no lawyers in the entire f*****g Us of A want to have anything to do with that fat idiot, that says something.

When an investigation is this comprehensive and goes on for months, and when a former director of the CIA makes a statement like "When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history" you know things will happen.

President Spanky will go down.

But fine, go ahead and rebel with your pathetic militias against the US government. Cry about the "deep state". Just make sure to have your last will in order. You have been brainfucked by Fox "news" and Russia Today. Traitors of democracy will be dealt with.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 3:48 am

Ichinin wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

What do you expect from people arguing like 12 year olds. "Uh, it's racism". Pretty much sums up how well grounded their arguments are.

"Boohoo, there is no proof". That is true, unless you look at the history of the individual. The fact that the investigation is ongoing and consuming more resources, and no lawyers in the entire f*****g Us of A want to have anything to do with that fat idiot, that says something.

When an investigation is this comprehensive and goes on for months, and when a former director of the CIA makes a statement like "When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history" you know things will happen.

But fine, go ahead and rebel with your pathetic militias against the US government. Cry about the "deep state". Just make sure to have your last will in order. You have been brainfucked by Fox "news" and Russia Today. Traitors of democracy will be dealt with.

I’m just happy to have a front row seat to watch it all burn from the Canadian border. 8)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 3:53 am

Ichinin wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

The wording of all that hyperbole gave me a laugh considering you said someone else sounded like a 12 year old.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 6:42 am

Why should he be impeached? The people clearly want him. A proud bully president for a proud bully country.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 6:51 am

He needs to be impeached so Mike Pence can be in charge. The sooner the better. Or at least that's what some seem to desperately want.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 12:10 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Why should he be impeached? The people clearly want him. A proud bully president for a proud bully country.

...Oh, you mean the 2,750,000+ more votes that Trump's main opponent actually received beyond Trump :roll: 's total, you mean that " people want him "?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 1:03 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

...Oh, you mean the 2,750,000+ more votes that Trump's main opponent actually received beyond Trump :roll: 's total, you mean that " people want him "?

:heart:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 2:15 am

Bush lost the popular vote the first time but won it and the electoral college when he got reelected. Considering that California has 18,055,783 registered voters, that one state alone could swing a popular vote, especially when it's 46.1% vs 48.2% which is only a 2.1% difference. Is it fair that one state alone could swing an election? Looks to me from this map, most of the states chose Trump

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm

Of course it’s fair if you believe that the popular vote should win democratic elections.

Further, even in the current system there are several states referred to as “swing states,” because they have exactly that power.

If other states don’t like the power that they 18 Million people have, then do something to increase the desirability of your state in order to increase your population and voting power.

Also, it’s even more acceptable that California have such power because of their knowledge (educated people) & West Coast ways of long term viability & sustainability. Same same applies to the auto industry and environmental emissions laws that they are instrumental in creating for both the USA and the world. Until they stop knowing and doing better, they’re fit to lead others in everything from environmental protection to democracy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 5:06 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Of course it’s fair if you believe that the popular vote should win democratic elections.

Further, even in the current system there are several states referred to as “swing states,” because they have exactly that power.

If other states don’t like the power that they 18 Million people have, then do something to increase the desirability of your state in order to increase your population and voting power.

Also, it’s even more acceptable that California have such power because of their knowledge (educated people) & West Coast ways of long term viability & sustainability. Same same applies to the auto industry and environmental emissions laws that they are instrumental in creating for both the USA and the world. Until they stop knowing and doing better, they’re fit to lead others in everything from environmental protection to democracy.

Is there some kind of study that backs up what you're saying about Californians or is that just your opinion?

And all ask the same question again, except this time use the 28 million people in Texas for an example. Would you also want Texas having such power (nearly twice that of Cal)? And do swing states work in a popular vote only system?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 5:24 pm

It's fact that major coastal regions in the USA have higher educated populations than the central flyover states. California isn't the only one. New York is another example. It's fact that California sets the tone for environmental emissions regulations in the USA & in turn for Canada/others, as they have the strictest rules and thus to be compliant in California means they can sell elsewhere with ease. It's my opinion that the West Coast mentality of long term sustainability is a better way to make decisions.

Sure, got people, get votes. Go Texas! That's the way democracy works. Votes = power. That's why Trump & Co. are actively trying to suppress the votes of people that don't like them. But votes should = power and control. It's the same age old stuff. "He who holds the gold makes the rules," wherein this case it isn't necessarily monetary wealth but the wealth of quantity of voters. The strong rule over the weak. If your state is weak due to low population numbers, encourage people to move there, encourage locals to increase the birth rate etc. The same holds true for entire countries, Canada included.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 5:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
Bush lost the popular vote the first time but won it and the electoral college when he got reelected. Considering that California has 18,055,783 registered voters, that one state alone could swing a popular vote, especially when it's 46.1% vs 48.2% which is only a 2.1% difference. Is it fair that one state alone could swing an election? Looks to me from this map, most of the states chose Trump

...Okay, Ezra, I'm going to rather strongly disagree with you, maybe in chunks/seperate posts.
First, GF summed it up rather nicely in his first sentence. Do you believe in " One person, one vote " or not? As it is, the Electoral College system gives voters in very sparsely populated Montana, Wyoming, and Alaska - all of which tend Republican/" red " at this time - a far larger individual share of the Presidential vote than anyone in California OR Texas has!
I don't understand what you're trying to say about Texas. IIRC, Texas is #2 in voting population to California, and is about as reliably Republican, at present,
as CA is Dem. Before I saw that you had brought TX up, I was going to ask whether you objected to Dem-tending CA - as some people do - but find Rep-leaning TX to be okay. :?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!