Trump is taking advice from extreme fundamentalists.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 12:12 am

You thought that the Bush Administration was the end of this sort of thing? I thought so too. Trump is even worse than I initially thought he would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2AGSfU5T4

My favorite part of the video starts at 1:30.

"You have no idea how much this world hates the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

First of all, there are 2.4 billion Christians in the world today. It's the largest religious group by a wide margin.

Second, the Gospels are mainly about forgiveness and generosity, since they about Jesus himself. Trump seems to prefer the Old Testament.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 11:32 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
You thought that the Bush Administration was the end of this sort of thing? I thought so too. Trump is even worse than I initially thought he would be.

Second, the Gospels are mainly about forgiveness and generosity, since they about Jesus himself. Trump seems to prefer the Old Testament.

Lots of Christians prefer the Old Testament. After that, it's Jesus was Born, lived his life, got crucified, died for our sins, and was resurrected three days later, the end, now onto the book of Revelations.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 11:39 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
You thought that the Bush Administration was the end of this sort of thing? I thought so too. Trump is even worse than I initially thought he would be. Second, the Gospels are mainly about forgiveness and generosity, since they about Jesus himself. Trump seems to prefer the Old Testament.
Lots of Christians prefer the Old Testament. After that, it's Jesus was Born, lived his life, got crucified, died for our sins, and was resurrected three days later, the end, now onto the book of Revelations.
They prefer the wrathful and vengeance-seeking God of the Old Testament, and not the kind, forgiving, loving and patient God of the New Testament. They will also cherry-pick verses from the Bible, and use them completely out of context to support gun ownership, slavery, capitalism, racism, misogyny, conquest, and war.

The Founding Fathers were wise to at least try to separate Church and State. I wish they had tried harder, though.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 3:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
You thought that the Bush Administration was the end of this sort of thing? I thought so too. Trump is even worse than I initially thought he would be. Second, the Gospels are mainly about forgiveness and generosity, since they about Jesus himself. Trump seems to prefer the Old Testament.
They prefer the wrathful and vengeance-seeking God of the Old Testament, and not the kind, forgiving, loving and patient God of the New Testament. They will also cherry-pick verses from the Bible, and use them completely out of context to support gun ownership, slavery, capitalism, racism, misogyny, conquest, and war.

The Founding Fathers were wise to at least try to separate Church and State. I wish they had tried harder, though.

I prefer an understanding god on top of New Testament attributes. These people preaching god hates this, god hates that, and god will smite thee, ugh. If god actually hated, he could do so much worse. Have you ever read or played I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream? A hating vengeful god would be like that. Smiting is too good. Immortality plus eternal, claustrophobic, and creative torture is where to go.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 4:22 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

As popular as the evangelical view of Revelations is, most responsible, mainline theologians realize most of that book has already occurred. It's the story of the 1st century church, and how it was persecuted by the Roman authorities. The bizarre language used in the book was borrowed from apocalyptic literature of Persia, so that Christians would not be accused of treason for their criticism of the Emperor, who is referred to as the Beast.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 5:29 pm

I think their main reason for voting for Trump was because he wasn't Hillary Clinton, because of their view that "a woman's place is in the kitchen".

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 9:46 pm

LBJ predicted in a way, the il trumpo phenomenon, when he said “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 7:43 pm

^^ This is what all conservatives in the U.S. believe

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 8:10 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

What the f#ck was that???? 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 8:54 pm

I think that unfortunate one is dancing around the edges of psychosis.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 10:23 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

I saw that episode of Wife Swap.

To be fair, psychics are just as delusional as fundamentalist Christians.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 11:13 pm

On the subject at hand, megachurch pastor, Kenneth Copeland, now says Christians who oppose Trump risk God's wrath. They might be cursed with leprosy, or God forbid... A GAY CHILD!! !
Funny, I don't recall him saying the same thing when Obama was President. :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 11:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
On the subject at hand, megachurch pastor, Kenneth Copeland, now says Christians who oppose Trump risk God's wrath. They might be cursed with leprosy, or God forbid... A GAY CHILD!! !
Funny, I don't recall him saying the same thing when Obama was President. :roll:

did he actually say "gay child"? if so, the guy's a nutjob.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 11:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He did indeed, and yes, he is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 11:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I am angry enough at that SOB that I think there isn't an inner circle of hell hot enough to suit that no good rightie goon. :x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 1:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I am angry enough at that SOB that I think there isn't an inner circle of hell hot enough to suit that no good rightie goon. :x

He's also the very same jackass who told his parishioners that they didn't need to get vaccinated, as God was the only vaccination they needed. His megachurch ended up being quarantined when people started getting sick.