Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:31 am

Groper on South West Airlines asserts - if it's ok for Donald Trump to grope women without their consent, then why not me too?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/man- ... ?r=US&IR=T

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:47 am

Problem with that is Trump was bragging that since he's rich and famous, women let him take liberties. That's the context of what he was claiming.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:58 am

B19 wrote:
Groper on South West Airlines asserts - if it's ok for Donald Trump to grope women without their consent, then why not me too?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/man- ... ?r=US&IR=T

And there will be at least one perp on the US Supreme Court who will agree with him, because of Trump.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:10 pm

This surprises me, because wouldn’t many of them be against it because it results in women not being virgins on their wedding night?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:37 am

He's not a "pest"; he's a sexual predator.

The Rape-ublican's whole "right to life" schtick is unadulterated BS. It's never been about the theoretical rights of zygotes, but the reassertion of neolithic patriarchal dominance over women by stripping them of control over their own bodies; sometimes forcibly. That's why rape is one of the Rape-ublican's favorite things to fantasize about.
GOP Rape Advisory Chart
The Party Of Rape Culture: 40 Republican Rape Quotes We All Should Remember In November

Last edited by Piobaire on 24 Oct 2018, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:43 am

Idiot.

His statement is an implicit confession of intentional contact.

Soon he will be branded a SEX OFFENDER and put in an online registry, where he will remain for the rest of his life.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:50 am

I also agree with EzraS in that celebrities/rich people are held to different standards than regular Joes when it comes to the legal system.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 7:09 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I also agree with EzraS in that celebrities/rich people are held to different standards than regular Joes when it comes to the legal system.

What I was saying is it seemed to me that Trump wasn't bragging about groping women without their consent. Anyone can grope someone, it's nothing to boast about. But (according to Trump) if you're rich and famous women willingly let you do whatever.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 7:28 am

See what happens when you let one guy get away with it? It leads to everyone getting away with it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 1:53 pm

My understanding is that both sets of victims were sneakily groped (in the current case) and suddenly grabbed (the women Trump launched his surprise attacks on). The common factors in both are 1) sexual assault and 2) complete absence of consent and 3) the perpetrators deliberately intentional, carefully planned attacks.

Apologia for Trump's actions, functioning as a diversionary tactic apparently, is as predictable as it is specious. Trump's contempt for women is manifest in many ways, and his offending is one particularly egregious manifestation of it. To believe his brag version over the reports of the multiple victims is a big leap of the imagination.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 7:43 pm

B19 wrote:
My understanding is that both sets of victims were sneakily groped (in the current case) and suddenly grabbed (the women Trump launched his surprise attacks on). The common factors in both are 1) sexual assault and 2) complete absence of consent and 3) the perpetrators deliberately intentional, carefully planned attacks.

Apologia for Trump's actions, functioning as a diversionary tactic apparently, is as predictable as it is specious. Trump's contempt for women is manifest in many ways, and his offending is one particularly egregious manifestation of it. To believe his brag version over the reports of the multiple victims is a big leap of the imagination.

Listening to what was actually said by Trump and seeing the context in which it was said, is not apologia. Reports of multiple victims are just that, reports. It's like if I accused you of sending me an abusive email, but then refused or was unwilling or unable to produce evidence of it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm

False equivalence.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 11:00 pm

B19 wrote:
False equivalence.

Please explain.