The Midterms Were A Huge Defeat For Trump

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 11:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What in heaven's name is wrong with Multiculturalism, anyway? I don't get the antipathy people have for cultures others than their own.

If I lived with a bunch of other white, Jewish folks exclusively, I'd be bored out of my mind.

Hang on, so people's color and ethnic group define their personalities?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What in heaven's name is wrong with Multiculturalism, anyway? I don't get the antipathy people have for cultures others than their own

This brave new world appears to be all about the monoculture, even thinking about more than 1 culture will soon be a thought crime. And of course God forbid anyone ever want progress on absolutely anything, being progressive makes you some kind of enemy of the people I think, you MUST want everything to stay exactly as it is without any progress at all damn you!! !

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:13 pm

The title of this thread was The Midterms Were A Huge Defeat For Trump

Interesting perception.

So let us see. Many of the Supreme Court justices are getting old. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized today, Thursday, after fracturing three ribs on her left side in a fall at her office a day earlier.

Source: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall

Now I wish her only well in her recovery, and hope her recovery is speedy. But she is 85 years old. I am 70 years old and the effects of age are starting to wear on my body. I look at the newspaper each day and at the obituary column. In general, there are more people younger than 70 listed in the obits than older. So I know I am date coded.

So what happens if there is another vacancy on the Supreme Court. You think that the battle over Bret Kavanaugh was intense. This will be nothing in comparison with whoever Trump nominates for the next vacancy. And with a few more Republican senators in place, what are the odds that his nomination will carry the day.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:27 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
What in heaven's name is wrong with Multiculturalism, anyway? I don't get the antipathy people have for cultures others than their own

This brave new world appears to be all about the monoculture, even thinking about more than 1 culture will soon be a thought crime. And of course God forbid anyone ever want progress on absolutely anything, being progressive makes you some kind of enemy of the people I think, you MUST want everything to stay exactly as it is without any progress at all damn you!! !

The polar opposite is true. Multiculturalism is all part of dividing people as it is divisive by nature and all part of the insanity that is identity politics.

How's the 'progress' going in London? Another six stabbings last night was it? We've also enjoyed the 'progress' of acid attacks.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:35 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The polar opposite is true. Multiculturalism is all part of dividing people as it is divisive by nature and all part of the insanity that is identity politics.

How's the 'progress' going in London? Another six stabbings last night was it? We've also enjoyed the 'progress' of acid attacks.

people being stabbed is due to 'progress'? that is a very odd view on the world.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:54 pm

Due to importing the third world is one of the reasons. Multiculturalism is another.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Nov 2018, 1:07 pm

I'm quite happy living in a multicultural society. I don't see why people from different backgrounds and cultures can't live together. Years ago there were laws against mixed marriages, among other things. People were moved to different areas because of their race.

Luckily that's behind us now,

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 1:33 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm quite happy living in a multicultural society. I don't see why people from different backgrounds and cultures can't live together. Years ago there were laws against mixed marriages, among other things. People were moved to different areas because of their race.

I never mentioned race. It's not some utopian paradise. People have been flooded into the UK, FORCED on the people of this country without asking them and in the word's of one of Tony Blair's speech writers to "make the UK truly multicultural" and to "rub the right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date". The insane numbers being poured in has turned towns and cities into unrecognizable places. Sure it's great for the rich and powerful to drive down wages and divide people. But the most disgraceful thing of all is that party that is meant to stand for the working class did it intentionally with evil intent.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Nov 2018, 1:40 pm

Ah OK I admit the UK's situation is different.

South Africa has always been multicultural.

my blog:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 1:41 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm quite happy living in a multicultural society. I don't see why people from different backgrounds and cultures can't live together

Agree. I am in the UK and certainly see the our areas of multicultural society as a positive.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 2:25 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Ah OK I admit the UK's situation is different.

South Africa has always been multicultural.

But problems have arose there from the natives having masses of people in against their wishes. Well of course it has been far worse than that. What do you think about the government forcibly taking land back from farmers?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Nov 2018, 2:32 pm

I don't agree with it as its not a situation that was caused by the farmers of today. It was their fathers, grandfathers and ancestors who created the situation. You can't have uncontrolled seizing of land; it has to be carefully legislated and controlled. It may be justified in certain cases.

Land ownership in itself is a controversial issue. It's more a Western concept.

In the US, the native inhabitants were forced out and put into reserves as well, so by rights they should be able to claim at least some of it back.

my blog:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 2:47 pm

Yeah I agree.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 3:30 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

I never mentioned race. It's not some utopian paradise. People have been flooded into the UK, FORCED on the people of this country without asking them and in the word's of one of Tony Blair's speech writers to "make the UK truly multicultural" and to "rub the right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date". The insane numbers being poured in has turned towns and cities into unrecognizable places. Sure it's great for the rich and powerful to drive down wages and divide people. But the most disgraceful thing of all is that party that is meant to stand for the working class did it intentionally with evil intent.

Unrecognizable meaning not white.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 3:36 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Unrecognizable meaning not white.

Meaning the British people are the minority, acid attacks, postcode gangs...

One day you'll get the hang of clairvoyance

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 4:10 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Dems can win if they can unite behind a really great candidate, completely opposite to Hillary in every respect and who can stand up to Trump.

Bernie will probably be too old by 2020.

I don't have a wide knowledge of the various potential contenders but there must be someone...

Cory Booker. Highly intelligent, articulate and idealistic young senator who happens to be black. He's Obama 2.0. Right now, he's the only guy who can resuscitate the winning Obama coalition.