Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:16 pm

Magneto wrote:

Your headline is a bit misleading. It’s not “Canadians” who are saying this. I think it is one person who thinks that this is a good idea. And those who are affected by Down Syndrome don’t like the mans idea.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 5:10 pm

Sure, but there's not enough character space available for what I originally wanted to title the post, so I went for a clickbaity one.

If aborting foetuses with Down Syndrome is wrong, it's not because they have Down Syndrome, it's because abortion is wrong. I think this idea is at best very silly. At worst, it encourages the othering of Down Syndrome individuals (do they have a short and snappy name, like we have Aspies/Autist?).

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 9:00 pm

You should have put the s after say, not after Canadian! The endangered “species” idea is indeed silly.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 11:41 pm

I'm Canadian and I don't say this. This guy doesn't speak for me. The title of this post is misleading and inflammatory.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 12:00 am

I agree with above, the OP title sounded almost like it was some kind of satire.

I also think "endangered species" is a pretty silly idea. Even though I still believe abortion itself is wrong. And I wonder why people think those with Down Syndrome should be "protected" from extinction simply because he or she happens to have Down Syndrome?