Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Stay out of my thread please.

It is not your thread but Alex Plank’s whose website this is.

In my over 5 years on Wrong Planet what I have noticed that most threads veer away from the original topic. I do not fully understand why this happens but my guess is executive dysfuntion common to people on the spectrum. When I was a new member of wrong planet this really pissed me off. I had just put a lot of effort trying to get my point across (I am not a natural writer) about a topic that I am really interested in and the conversation is now about some topic I don’t care about or has turned into members joking about something that I do not understand.

Over the years I have come to reluctantly understand that when I start a topic or even reply on topic I have made my point and not to expect anything further then that. If “my” thread stays on topic for more than a page or two that is a bonus.

I do not know how a prohabition against going off topic could be be enforced.

And yes, I do get the irony that this reply is way off topic.

I feel that if the OP wants to take the thread off topic, that's fine. Which is exactly what happened here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 8:41 am

Trump is the only candidate in recent memory who did not disclose his tax returns during an election campaign. Going back to at least Jimmy Carter and Ford.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 10:57 am

Why has Trump refused to disclose them?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 11:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is the only candidate in recent memory who did not disclose his tax returns during an election campaign. Going back to at least Jimmy Carter and Ford.

What exactly is the premise in doing so?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 6:39 pm

I dont know if it turns out he’s poor. I didn’t vote for his money.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm

sly279 wrote:

Many people did vote for what that money symbolizes - a competent businessman.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 12:56 am

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That’s what the left thinks but isn’t true. I know a lot of trump supporters and I’m also one.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 8:37 am

sly279 wrote:
AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That’s what the left thinks but isn’t true. I know a lot of trump supporters and I’m also one.

Yeah it is.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 2:13 pm

:?:

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Yeah it is.

Guessing you’ve talked to millions of trump supporters yourself? Bet you don’t even know any and are going off what cnn says they like. Like how you think all trump supporters are racist.
So please don’t try to tell me what me and all the people I know think especially when I’ve told you why we voted for him.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 4:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
Guessing you’ve talked to millions of trump supporters yourself? Bet you don’t even know any and are going off what cnn says they like. Like how you think all trump supporters are racist.
So please don’t try to tell me what me and all the people I know think especially when I’ve told you why we voted for him.

A small sub-set voted for him because they are anti-abortion. I know people like that. But f**k them anyway.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 10:05 pm

A candidate who has the endorsement of David Duke should be completely unelectable based on that alone. There’s no justification for getting behind trumpism, IMO.

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:

A small sub-set voted for him because they are anti-abortion. I know people like that. But f**k them anyway.

:heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm

Read the article. It was interesting. It’s surprising how many people don’t know he was born into money. Wtf? Have they been living under a rock?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 10:55 pm

Why would anyone assume that someone who had a NY real estate developer father and was enrolled in a prestigious private school, wasn't born into money?

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 12:28 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

In my over 5 years on Wrong Planet what I have noticed that most threads veer away from the original topic. I do not fully understand why this happens but my guess is executive dysfuntion common to people on the spectrum. When I was a new member of wrong planet this really pissed me off. I had just put a lot of effort trying to get my point across (I am not a natural writer) about a topic that I am really interested in and the conversation is now about some topic I don’t care about or has turned into members joking about something that I do not understand.

Over the years I have come to reluctantly understand that when I start a topic or even reply on topic I have made my point and not to expect anything further then that. If “my” thread stays on topic for more than a page or two that is a bonus.

The point is not going off topic, I don't care if the topic wanders. I do care however if people who I've made an agreement with not to speak because they can't remain civil comment in my threads and make it impossible for me to participate in my own thread without breaking that agreement we made. I won't be chased out of threads I make.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 1:49 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

The point is not going off topic, I don't care if the topic wanders. I do care however if people who I've made an agreement with not to speak because they can't remain civil comment in my threads and make it impossible for me to participate in my own thread without breaking that agreement we made. I won't be chased out of threads I make.

There is no "we" and no "agreement". There is nothing in WP rules to preclude anyone from posting in any thread as long as they are posting on topic and not engaging in ad hominem character attacks and accusations.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 2:09 am

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

There is no "we" and no "agreement". There is nothing in WP rules to preclude anyone from posting in any thread as long as they are posting on topic and not engaging in ad hominem character attacks and accusations.

You told me you don't want to talk to me anymore, and I agreed. That agreement. We obviously don't get along, so why can't you just stop commenting to me? I don't want to speak to you and you don't want to speak to me so why are you doing this? I'm starting to feel bullied now. Please just leave me alone, I won't ask you again.