16yo Thunberg: She’s the MVP Aspie of the world! IMO

Page 9 of 34 [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 34  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm

They’re way worse than us.

They don’t get a “pass” from me.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 10:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They’re way worse than us.

They don’t get a “pass” from me.

I was just reading an article, they weren't named in the lawsuit because they didn't sign the climate cleanup thingy.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 10:56 pm

^^ About 30 years ago the World Bank issued a thousand-page report on "Transportation in China" without using the word "bicycle." China is at least getting serious about solar power, and recently stopped a major logging operation overnight for ecological reasons, after years of a few people petitioning.
However, no society has ever been nearly as carefully designed for maximizing the number of happy people as ours has been to send all the money to the top. There have been communist dictatorships, but where communists have been elected to remain accountable to the people and try to stay popular, they have been quickly overthrown one way or another. The way to go is to hire those systems engineers who fine-tune the financial world and re-purpose them to managing for maximum fairness for the future.

I watched Greta's UN address in high-def this evening, and an old phrase popped into my head: "And a little child shall lead them." I'll be with the strikers this Friday.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:40 pm

The Left is shocked, SHOCKED! that anyone would DARE to challenge a 16-year-old who publicly addresses an international political assembly — how DARE they hurt this poor delicate CHILD!

And yet the Left for some reason didn't mind very much when this eight-year-old got DEATH THREATS for making parody videos of Leftist darling Ocasio-Cortez.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:48 pm

Darmok wrote:
The Left is shocked, SHOCKED! that anyone would DARE to challenge a 16-year-old who publicly addresses an international political assembly — how DARE they hurt this poor delicate CHILD!

And yet the Left for some reason didn't mind very much when this eight-year-old got DEATH THREATS for making parody videos of Leftist darling Ocasio-Cortez.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:57 pm

EzraS wrote:
Darmok wrote:

...Ezra, I tried clicking on the red letters in Darnok's meme, hoping that they would take me to a story giving the details of the deplorable, bad, things he says happened - and they led to nothing.
Farm on is not particularly known for answering people's questions or claims. Could you, please, find for me a story backing thus up? Preferably backing it up with police reports r similar - Surely a family that received such threats would report them!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 1:35 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Ezra, I tried clicking on the red letters in Darnok's meme, hoping that they would take me to a story giving the details of the deplorable, bad, things he says happened - and they led to nothing.
Farm on is not particularly known for answering people's questions or claims. Could you, please, find for me a story backing thus up? Preferably backing it up with police reports r similar - Surely a family that received such threats would report them!

https://www.google.com/search?q=mini+ao ... e&ie=UTF-8

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 2:10 am

EzraS wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mini+ao ... e&ie=UTF-8

...Thank you.
Following your link, I saw Fox News, Newsweek, and a site called PJ Media's versions of it.
Fox - right-leaning - reported the claims of the parents that they'd received threats - the more left-leaning said that the Parents " claimed " to have received threats, obviously add-ons some questioning of it beyond Fox's version. However, neither of those cites actually quoted, or even had descriptions of, what " threats " we're made, nor PJ, I believe. Why is that? (PJ did put up someone's post that was not complimentary of the concept and her parents, but didn't appear to threaten.
And, really...Pretty clearly this reflects the parent's political beliefs? Is it maybe a bit much pushing at 8-year old into if? Putting lipstick on her, and posing her for a parody of AOC's border camp visit. Really. don't you think this was reflecting the parents" desire to advance their kid/become famous themselves. They even said the girl " didn't care about politics ". So, doesn't that admit her parents pushed this upon her? The whole " stage parent ", kid performer's parents actions syndrome, anyway, is something I'm cynical.
The parent said " AOC should pose for pictures with..." the kid. Oh please. " Make my kid a star! " Ever see the musical " Gypsy "? A movie of Judy Garland's story opens today. There's examples of the " child actor/stage parent " syndrome! :x If the parents wanted to parody AOC's camp visit isn't that likely an intended attack on AOC? But they want her to pose with her? As I said - " Make my kid a star! :mrgreen: "

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 2:37 am

... I've list an addition to this post :cry: . To sum it up quickly+ - I WILL FIND THE PARENTS STORY OF " THREATS " MIRE BELIEVABLE WHEN. THEY PRODUCE EXAMPLES OF THOSE " THREATS "! :twisted:
Now maybe they exist. I mean THREATS - not criticism, even harsh ones. I am thinking of the song sung by Ethel Merman in the musical " GYPSY ", " Everything's Coming Up Roses " now...though my Pandora is now playing a commercial, foo!
Someone who threatened them could be prosecuted, sued, shamed? Aren't they gonna do it :lol: ?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 5:22 am

Dear_one wrote:
^^ About 30 years ago the World Bank issued a thousand-page report on "Transportation in China" without using the word "bicycle." China is at least getting serious about solar power, and recently stopped a major logging operation overnight for ecological reasons, after years of a few people petitioning.
However, no society has ever been nearly as carefully designed for maximizing the number of happy people as ours has been to send all the money to the top. There have been communist dictatorships, but where communists have been elected to remain accountable to the people and try to stay popular, they have been quickly overthrown one way or another. The way to go is to hire those systems engineers who fine-tune the financial world and re-purpose them to managing for maximum fairness for the future.

I watched Greta's UN address in high-def this evening, and an old phrase popped into my head: "And a little child shall lead them." I'll be with the strikers this Friday.

Agreed.

This issue rises above politics.

I really appreciate the broad experience dear_one brings to this discussion.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 9:52 pm

In the cartoon strip by First Dog on the Moon, in the Guardian, the commentary in pictures is worth a thousand thousand words on this topic. Highly recommend it if you need a smile combined with some piercing insight :)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_fb

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 10:08 pm

It is somewhat ironic to me that the OP of this thread disparaged me for being a teenager. Went on about how I am too young to know and understand things properly. And that because I am autistic I had the "emotional maturity of a 12yo." Which would mean Greta has the emotional maturity of a 10 y/o.

Last edited by EzraS on 27 Sep 2019, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 10:13 pm

Why listen to greta and not ezra?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 10:17 pm

The irony is not lost on me but bare in mind that the OP got flushed down the toilet for that type of disparagement

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 10:21 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
The irony is not lost on me but bare in mind that the OP got flushed down the toilet for that type of disparagement

I got that joke then 6 seconds passed and I forgot what I was laughing at.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

He hasn't been the only one though. Another Greta fan here has done the same multiple times. And others as well over time. Some fairly viciously. And all of them "progressives". So it is a bit hard for me to take them seriously when they express outrage over people picking on a 16 y/o. I think if she were a "denier" they would be on her like a pack of hyenas.