JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Yes, warmists are on the level of creationists and flat earthers. Science is never about consensus.

So, over 95% of scientists are fooled into believing in the "warmist" pseudoscience?

Give me the list of every scientist and the alleged 98% that support the warmist theory. The majority believed homosexuality was a mental illness not so long ago. The majority believed the earth was flat. Like I said science is not about consensus.

:roll:

97% of climate scientists around the world are in agreement that human activity is a major cause of climate change we're seeing now. What evidence do you have to refute them with?

What's the evidence for the claim? Like I said, the 97% claim is bogus and science isn't about consensus.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Yes, warmists are on the level of creationists and flat earthers. Science is never about consensus.

So, over 95% of scientists are fooled into believing in the "warmist" pseudoscience?

Give me the list of every scientist and the alleged 98% that support the warmist theory. The majority believed homosexuality was a mental illness not so long ago. The majority believed the earth was flat. Like I said science is not about consensus.

Science is self correcting, thus we know homosexuality isn't a mental illness, and the earth isn't flat. But for some error to be corrected , the evidence has to be legitimate, which the anti-climate change "evidence" is not.

What's the anti climate change evidence that isn't legitimate? Piers Corbyn is far more accurate than the phony warmists.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Consensus on Consensus - Cook et al. (2016)

Authors of seven climate consensus studies — including Naomi Oreskes, Peter Doran, William Anderegg, Bart Verheggen, Ed Maibach, J. Stuart Carlton, and John Cook — co-authored a paper that should settle the expert climate consensus question once and for all. The two key conclusions from the paper are:

1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists.

2) The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming.

What's an "expert"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
Science is an easy target because people want absolutes.
Here’s one: Out entire planet & species are absolutely f****d if we deny science.
How much time do we have left? One year? Ten years? A thousand years?

I want my
I want my
I want my
Absolutes!

:D

(Apologies to "Men At Work")

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 2:40 pm

The planet is in the same boat whether I personally deny climate change science or not.

I don't get people posting the same subject over and over as if the 30 or so people they reach here is going to have any kind of impact on voting or climate change.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Consensus on Consensus - Cook et al. (2016)

Authors of seven climate consensus studies — including Naomi Oreskes, Peter Doran, William Anderegg, Bart Verheggen, Ed Maibach, J. Stuart Carlton, and John Cook — co-authored a paper that should settle the expert climate consensus question once and for all. The two key conclusions from the paper are:

1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists.

2) The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming.

What's an "expert"?

A research expert I suspect

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
I don't get people posting the same subject over and over as if the 30 or so people they reach here is going to have any kind of impact on voting or climate change.

I get it. It is called autistic repetitive behaviors.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:45 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I get it. It is called autistic repetitive behaviors.

It's also called there are more people reading this than just EzraS so may as well put some actual facts out there vs. science denying BS.

That and keeping climate science on peoples minds is a good thing. Otherwise people might become too distracted by BS that doesn't really matter when Now is the time more than ever when people need to be aware of our species' impact on Earth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 3:31 am

This subforum wasn't designed for or intended as being a platform to proselytize.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 4:26 am

JohnPowell wrote:

Aren't Evolution and the Earth round form scientific consensus?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 4:47 am

Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Creationists and flat-earthers also form a consensus. Saying that 97% of them agree with each other, isn't evidence that they are correct.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 9:29 am

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Creationists and flat-earthers also form a consensus. Saying that 97% of them agree with each other, isn't evidence that they are correct.

What I mean is that there is such things as scientific consensus.
What evidences do you need to admit that there is Global Warming? The vast majority of scientists that work on the subject consider that there is more than enough.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 10:59 am

Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

What I mean is that there is such things as scientific consensus.
What evidences do you need to admit that there is Global Warming? The vast majority of scientists that work on the subject consider that there is more than enough.

What evidence do I need? Something truly apocalyptic like dogs and cats living together. I believe in climate change, I'm just not a fanatic who thinks the world is coming to an end in a few years. The religions overtones of something that's science is bizarre. I'm expecting people to start knocking on my door to tell me about climate change and guys with megaphones at sporting events warning everyone that the end is near and to change their ways.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 11:02 am

Dogs and cats do frequently live together. Some even become friends with each other.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 11:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Dogs and cats do frequently live together. Some even become friends with each other.

Who are you to argue with Dr. Venkman?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 12:28 pm

Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The consensus used to be the opposite on both subjects. That changed by people questioning the consensus.