Page 7 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:56 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Coats is a lying war mongering puppet. He's a war lobbyist. He was trying to stop Germany from opposing the hideous Iraq invasion in 2003. He was trying to stop the Iran deal by Obama. Liberals now love him.

Yes yes, all the American intelligence experts are lying, and only you know what's really happening. :roll:

Who knows, even though he's been wrong about everything ever he could be right this time :lol: He's due one.

I don't really care one way or the other. Russian troll farms are so far down on the list of things to be concerned about. I'm more interested in examining why Americans are so easy manipulated by BS on social media. The shovel full of disinformation heaped on the already mountain size of American disinformation seems pretty insignificant.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 1:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
If I were going to make an implication, it would be that it was edited to make the Russians look bad or to look like they're a greater threat than they really are. Or something along those lines. But I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is it was heavily edited and condensed.

But is it legitimately unreliable, just because it's condensed? You've been offered the full three hours of uncut questions.

I didn't say it was unreliable. However, are you saying that's not within the realm of possibility?

Because the whole three hours are available, it would leave the perpetrators up to exposure and ridicule is someone actually would try to alter it.

You've taken a simple observation I made and turned it into a melodrama.

You created the melodrama, and now you have all the information that can prove to you that he said what he said in full view of the public and on unedited video, so can you shut up about it now please so we can move on with the discussion we're trying to have? If all you can do is interrupt with irrelevant chaff that's easily disprovable you have nothing to contribute to this conversation.

No I just mentioned the fact that the clip had been heavily edited. You two derailed the thread over it. There's no way to prove the clip wasn't edited, because it obviously was. The only thing that could be disproved is the strawman that Bill set up. No I will not shut up or go away. "We" includes me and every member of WP. If you want to gatekeep start your own forum.

Strawman? I'm just wary of anyone who tries proving - despite all evidence - that charges of Russian collusion are the product of the deep state or the mainstream media.

I made a simple comment and you built a strawman and a melodrama out of it. And you're still going at it.

Then what was the implication of your comment, if not to suggest that the tape had been altered in favor of the Russian collusion argument?

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Coats is a lying war mongering puppet. He's a war lobbyist. He was trying to stop Germany from opposing the hideous Iraq invasion in 2003. He was trying to stop the Iran deal by Obama. Liberals now love him.

Yes yes, all the American intelligence experts are lying, and only you know what's really happening. :roll:

What do you know about Daniel Coats to refute the claim?

I know that all the American intelligence experts I've seen talking about this issue on the news agree with him that Russia is a threat to America's elections, including the other people who testified with him that day and the year before, and people like Andrew McCabe. It's much more likely that Russia is actually a threat than all those people are lying about Russia being a threat for some inexplicable reason that doesn't gain them anything.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:08 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Who knows, even though he's been wrong about everything ever he could be right this time :lol: He's due one.

I don't really care one way or the other. Russian troll farms are so far down on the list of things to be concerned about. I'm more interested in examining why Americans are so easy manipulated by BS on social media. The shovel full of disinformation heaped on the already mountain size of American disinformation seems pretty insignificant.

Then why are you commenting in this thread about disinformation if that's not what you want to talk about? Make a thread about manipulation then and talk about it there instead of derailing my thread talking about how little you want to talk about the content of my thread.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
If I were going to make an implication, it would be that it was edited to make the Russians look bad or to look like they're a greater threat than they really are. Or something along those lines. But I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is it was heavily edited and condensed.

But is it legitimately unreliable, just because it's condensed? You've been offered the full three hours of uncut questions.

I didn't say it was unreliable. However, are you saying that's not within the realm of possibility?

Because the whole three hours are available, it would leave the perpetrators up to exposure and ridicule is someone actually would try to alter it.

You created the melodrama, and now you have all the information that can prove to you that he said what he said in full view of the public and on unedited video, so can you shut up about it now please so we can move on with the discussion we're trying to have? If all you can do is interrupt with irrelevant chaff that's easily disprovable you have nothing to contribute to this conversation.

No I just mentioned the fact that the clip had been heavily edited. You two derailed the thread over it. There's no way to prove the clip wasn't edited, because it obviously was. The only thing that could be disproved is the strawman that Bill set up. No I will not shut up or go away. "We" includes me and every member of WP. If you want to gatekeep start your own forum.

Strawman? I'm just wary of anyone who tries proving - despite all evidence - that charges of Russian collusion are the product of the deep state or the mainstream media.

I made a simple comment and you built a strawman and a melodrama out of it. And you're still going at it.

Then what was the implication of your comment, if not to suggest that the tape had been altered in favor of the Russian collusion argument?

He's just taking whatever opposite argument to what we're saying, including making up opposing arguments out of whole cloth, to get your goat.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Then why are you commenting in this thread about disinformation if that's not what you want to talk about? Make a thread about manipulation then and talk about it there instead of derailing my thread talking about how little you want to talk about the content of my thread.

Oh, but I do want to talk about -- and have. I think it's a valid conversation to have. I think the points I've made are important to this discussion. You may disagree, but you don't have to respond to my comments at all. Or you tell me why you disagree with what I've said, and we proceed from there. It's really that simple.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:41 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Oh, but I do want to talk about -- and have. I think it's a valid conversation to have. I think the points I've made are important to this discussion. You may disagree, but you don't have to respond to my comments at all. Or you tell me why you disagree with what I've said, and we proceed from there. It's really that simple.

All you've said in this thread is how much the topic of this thread is BS and made-up and is not important. How is talking about how insignificant the discussion is important to the discussion? Like I said, if you want to talk about other subjects then please do so in threads on those subjects. Make a thread about the "Russia Hoax" and talk about it there.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 7:23 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

All you've said in this thread is how much the topic of this thread is BS and made-up and is not important. How is talking about how insignificant the discussion is important to the discussion? Like I said, if you want to talk about other subjects then please do so in threads on those subjects. Make a thread about the "Russia Hoax" and talk about it there.

Starting a thread on a news topic does not give you the role of referee or moderator. If you want that kind of authority, start your own forum. The next time you start bossing people around I am going ask for the thread to be locked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 7:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I made a very direct comment that the video was edited bits that were pieced together. There can be a few different scenarios regarding that. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by EzraS on 23 Feb 2019, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 7:45 pm

EzraS wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Starting a thread on a news topic does not give you the role of referee or moderator. If you want that kind of authority, start your own forum. The next time you start bossing people around I am going ask for the thread to be locked.

I'm asking people to stay on topic, which is forum etiquette and there is a "off-topic" option in the report function for a reason. So please stay on topic or you'll be reported instead of my thread being locked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm

I'm asking people to stay on topic, which is forum etiquette and there is a "off-topic" option in the report function for a reason. So please stay on topic or you'll be reported instead of my thread being locked.

You're backseat moderating. And you've posted too much snark and insulting remarks at members to claim etiquette.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 8:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It was late. I made an off hand comment. You turned it into a melodrama that's gone on for several pages.

I only answered your arguments.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 8:54 pm

You made up ulterior motives and cross examined me over it.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Feb 2019, 5:43 am

[mod]
It would be great if everyone could be prepared to admit when they are verifiably wrong and allow the conversation to continue. Equally, if you notice someone refusing to admit that they are verifiably wrong, then just ignore them and continue the conversation without them.

EzraS wrote:

You're backseat moderating. And you've posted too much snark and insulting remarks at members to claim etiquette.

You literally threatened to have the thread locked after your low-effort trolling got called out. You're not in a position to accuse others of backseat moderating or poor etiquette.

[/mod]

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 12:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

What do you know about Daniel Coats to refute the claim?

I know that all the American intelligence experts I've seen talking about this issue on the news agree with him that Russia is a threat to America's elections, including the other people who testified with him that day and the year before, and people like Andrew McCabe. It's much more likely that Russia is actually a threat than all those people are lying about Russia being a threat for some inexplicable reason that doesn't gain them anything.

"I've seen talking about on the news" doesn't prove anything. The fact that these are the same people who lied about Iraq, Libya and Syria and who covered up torture does prove that it's worth questioning their claims at the very least.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 2:04 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I think we should worry more about the disinformation coming out of our own corrupt media than other countries.

The new McCarthyism continues!

Who needs evidence when you have opinions. :lol:

Apparently everyone who bought in the Russian narrative.

If it's not from RT it's not a legit source on the Russia investigation. :lol: You're good for a laugh VM, I'll give you that much.

Fact: There still remains no evidence of Russia collusion. Why do you resort to snarky comments when you have no argument? (I love rhetorical questions.)

Trumps people frantically denying they had met with the Russians, even though evidence shows that they had, says there's something they don't want getting out in relation to the Russians.

That continual notion doesn't eliminate the the fact that there still remains no evidence of Russia collusion.

..except for all of the evidence of the trump campaign contacting Russians for information etc throughout the campaign.. like wtf? :?