Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 12:35 am

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

Quote:
Ford’s injury stemmed from a Dec. 12, 2017, shooting that began with the then-18-year-old pulling his own gun on a 27-year-old man driving his vehicle into a rear yard in the 9100 block of South Harper Avenue, according to Chicago police.

The older man, a concealed carry holder, pulled his own firearm and shot the victim, police said. Ford was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn for treatment and was later charged with felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and misdemeanor aggravated assault. But the case against Ford was dropped by Cook County prosecutors nine days after his first court hearing.

Not sorry a criminal died, he’s not a victim, the 27 year old conceal carry guy is the victim.

Non biased news my ass

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 8:26 am

sly279 wrote:
... Not sorry a criminal died, he’s not a victim, the 27 year old conceal carry guy is the victim...
Agreed. Self-Defense does not make a new victim; it makes one person a hero and the other person dead.

The Trib is notorious for taking sides with criminals who did not get away with their crimes, especially when those criminal "never had a chance" against someone who fought back.

This attitude goes as far back as the 1960s Civil Rights movement (maybe farther) and the 1968 Democratic Convention when the term "Victim of Society" became a mainstream trope.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 8:36 am

I don't think it's just in Chicago.

I was the innocent victim of a violent crime within the last five years where a previously convicted felon shot directly at me with a 12 gauge shotgun from across a city street while he was inside a house. He shot right through the glass window. He was arrested for it. However, the detective of the police department denied my request to know the identity of the individual or what his punishment for the crime was going to be based on the perpetrator's rights. To this day, I have no idea who the man was, where he is, if he knows MY name, etc. I was only told that since he was a convicted felon and was in possession of a firearm, he was going to spend more time in jail.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:30 pm

I believe in police reports someone who's injured in any way is referred to as the victim.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:11 am

EzraS wrote:
I believe in police reports someone who's injured in any way is referred to as the victim.

It the police didn’t refer to him as a victim it’s the media who did.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:21 am

You're right, Sly. It's more a comment on the media than the law. Someone dies at the hands of another then the police have to investigate. Unfortunately this means that the real victim has to go through this process until vindicated... so they're a double victim. It happens in the UK too.

If someone breaks into your house and they end up dead I have no sympathy for them.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:37 am

sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It the police didn’t refer to him as a victim it’s the media who did.

I just know that's the jargon used. If someone trips over their own feet and bangs their head they're called the victim.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 6:38 am

The 18 year old man does sound like a victim.

Events:

The 18 year old man drew his gun when the older man drove into a back yard (defending life or property?).

The 18 year old man never fires his gun.

The older man shot the younger man in the neck, and paralyzed him for life (quadriplegic).

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 7:37 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Events:

The 18 year old man drew his gun when the older man drove into a back yard (defending life or property?).

The older man shot the younger man in the neck, and paralyzed him for life (quadriplegic).

Older guy was pulling his car into his back yard.
18 year old try’s to carjack older guy.

It’s like the guy who got shot here cause he was choking a woman to death and she shot him to save her life. Every year the anti gun people light candles for him and morn his “murder”, they post it on Facebook too and news covers it. Which traumatizes the woman even more every year. Her assailant gets putty and she’s treated and a murder for just not letting him killer her.

It’s sick. Society is so messed up.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 7:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Events:

It’s like the guy who got shot here cause he was choking a woman to death and she shot him to save her life. Every year the anti gun people light candles for him and morn his “murder”, they post it on Facebook too and news covers it. Which traumatizes the woman even more every year. Her assailant gets putty and she’s treated and a murder for just not letting him killer her.

This is one incident. It’s not a reflection of society as a whole.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Events:

This is one incident. It’s not a reflection of society as a whole.

It’s far more then one sadly that organization morns the deaths of anyone killed in self defense after attacking someone.

There was another and the news and family were like he just needed money to get books. Well sorry I should let him kill me cause he needed money for books.
Mean come on. Why’s the left so in love with criminals? Why not the actual victims.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 6:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Events:

If, so, then the linked article is poorly written.

" 27-year-old man driving his vehicle into a rear yard in the 9100 block of South Harper Avenue, according to Chicago police"