Page 6 of 12 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:55 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So far it has been the left pouring out into the streets rioting, vandalizing and committing arson.

It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism.

A small fringe element. Just like the small fringe element is committing murder and acts of terrorism among the Muslims.

As are those leftists taking to the streets. They hardly make up any part of the American left to any degree.

You said "It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism". If you can implicate "the right" I can just as easily implicate "the left" when it comes to hundreds of them acting like violent lunatics.

Your logic is circular, as I was only responding to your charge that the left acts like rioting idiots.
Personally, though, I think the loss of human life, especially if those lives are taken for stupid, racist reasons, matters a lot more than the destruction of property.

You have a tendency to write "the right" when talking about such things, rather than writing "neo-nazis". And it seems in general that it is implied that virtually all the right were in on the act.

I don't think it gets talked about so much to point out that neo-nazis are bad and that the killer is evil. That is plainly obvious. I think it gets talked about so much to point a finger at the right. Thus being opportunistic and exploiting what happened.

Sure, not everyone on the right is evil. But those on the right who try to downplay the Alt Right/Nazi/white supremacist position, or even try to deny it as much as the American right does, are ultimately guilty.

This happens continuously. You write "the right" when talking about neo-nazis, I call you on it, and then you make the same basic disclaimer after the fact.

And then Fnord gets upset when I point stuff like that out instead of just letting it slide.

No, Nazis are only part of the right. I wouldn't be equating the two together if the right didn't throw hand-in-glove support behind the Nazis and white supremacists, all the while denying that they were at all any sort of threat.
No, not all Republicans by any stretch of the imagination are Nazis, but a segment of them do support the racist right in order to counter balance the left's civil rights fight.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:12 am

Charles Krauthammer said [paraphrased] that at least in amuuuurica, the left sees the right as amoral, while the right sees the left as naive. one side wonders "why can't humans be better?" while the other says "there's nothing wrong with the way human beings, as the natural result of millions of years of evolution, are." these are mutually incompatible philosophies. this being the case, there is no practical use in engaging the other side over any but the most trivial subjects.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:27 am

The real left is pretty much finished in the US. Liberals hate the working class. The Democrats now support free healthcare for illegal immigrants and abortion rights for men. And they wonder why Trump is President.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, Nazis are only part of the right. I wouldn't be equating the two together if the right didn't throw hand-in-glove support behind the Nazis and white supremacists, all the while denying that they were at all any sort of threat.
No, not all Republicans by any stretch of the imagination are Nazis, but a segment of them do support the racist right in order to counter balance the left's civil rights fight.

So I will now ask if you mean the whole right when you write, "I wouldn't be equating the two together if the right didn't throw hand-in-glove support behind the Nazis and white supremacists, all the while denying that they were at all any sort of threat"

And then you will say something like "well no only those who do".

I think Neo-nazis aligning themselves to the right is pretty much like "boy lover" pedophiles aligning themselves to LGBT.

You object (rightfully so) to gay men being associated with pedophiles, but then you constantly associate the right with neo-nazis. And I think you do it for the same reason, to paint them in the worst light possible.

You want to have your cake and eat it too by doing so and then denying that is what you are doing. Quite frankly you come off as a bit slippery along those lines.

Last edited by EzraS on 06 Jul 2019, 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:24 am

JohnPowell wrote:
The real left is pretty much finished in the US. Liberals hate the working class. The Democrats now support free healthcare for illegal immigrants and abortion rights for men. And they wonder why Trump is President.

Wrong. They know why Trump is President: Russians.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:59 am

His mom had a lot of tragedy.

-Her parents both killed in a murder-suicide when she was 16
-Injured and becomes a paraplegic
-Her son becomes a notorious killer.

Also, interesting, "Heyer was buried in a secret, unmarked location to protect her grave from vandals".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte ... car_attack

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So far it has been the left pouring out into the streets rioting, vandalizing and committing arson.

It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism.

A small fringe element. Just like the small fringe element is committing murder and acts of terrorism among the Muslims.

As are those leftists taking to the streets. They hardly make up any part of the American left to any degree.

You said "It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism". If you can implicate "the right" I can just as easily implicate "the left" when it comes to hundreds of them acting like violent lunatics.

Your logic is circular, as I was only responding to your charge that the left acts like rioting idiots.
Personally, though, I think the loss of human life, especially if those lives are taken for stupid, racist reasons, matters a lot more than the destruction of property.

You have a tendency to write "the right" when talking about such things, rather than writing "neo-nazis". And it seems in general that it is implied that virtually all the right were in on the act.

I don't think it gets talked about so much to point out that neo-nazis are bad and that the killer is evil. That is plainly obvious. I think it gets talked about so much to point a finger at the right. Thus being opportunistic and exploiting what happened.

Very true

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So I will now ask if you mean the whole right when you write, "I wouldn't be equating the two together if the right didn't throw hand-in-glove support behind the Nazis and white supremacists, all the while denying that they were at all any sort of threat"

I think Neo-nazis aligning themselves to the right is pretty much like "boy lover" pedophiles aligning themselves to LGBT.

You object (rightfully so) to gay men being associated with pedophiles, but then you constantly associate the right with neo-nazis. And I think you do it for the same reason, to paint them in the worst light possible.

You want to have your cake and eat it too by doing so and then denying that is what you are doing. Quite frankly you come off as quite slippery along those lines.

I saw several comments about how this post turned into Nazis, etc... When it was about a fringe nutbag, who killed a protester. And this is why it always turns into Nazi posts. Same with that Bowers man (Pennsylvania synagogue shooter)... He felt that George Soros was funding the caravans, he knew George Soros was Jewish, so kill all Jews. Most rational people do not come to that same conclusion. George Soros has motivations completely unrelated to being Jewish. Some people just cannot help themselves, painting every single person with the same brushstroke.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:37 am

^ Stick around and you will wish you had a dollar for every time you see a mention of nazis.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You want to have your cake and eat it too by doing so and then denying that is what you are doing. Quite frankly you come off as a bit slippery along those lines.

Sorry, I'm enough to admit to a mistake. I was actually referring to the right's political establishment, which does support those things. My only excuse is that I was up late without much sleep the previous night (I'm an insomniac, as are many on the spectrum).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sorry, I'm enough to admit to a mistake. I was actually referring to the right's political establishment, which does support those things. My only excuse is that I was up late without much sleep the previous night (I'm an insomniac, as are many on the spectrum).

Bill I have been reading your posts for a long time. You implicate the right as nazis all the time and then take it back one way or another. We have been through this routine umpteen times for years now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:19 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Bill I have been reading your posts for a long time. You implicate the right as nazis all the time and then take it back one way or another. We have been through this routine umpteen times for years now.

As I recall, you implicate all liberals, and as you never correct any misunderstandings, you seem to think the left is made up entirely of reprobates.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:31 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's not worth bothering. He never learns anything. Will just come back a week later saying the same thing.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:36 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's not worth bothering. He never learns anything. Will just come back a week later saying the same thing.

No, I just stick to the truth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

As I recall, you implicate all liberals, and as you never correct any misunderstandings, you seem to think the left is made up entirely of reprobates.

I never called the left reprobates whereas you call the right nazis all the time.

Last edited by EzraS on 06 Jul 2019, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I never called the left reprobates whereas you call the right nazis all the time.

But you've ascribed the habits and morals of reprobates to the left.