EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Thank God we didn't have you and your attitude during the revolution.
You are only 20 years old. The only 'Revolution' you experienced was your momma listening to Prince's band on the day you were born. Otherwise, you know nothing about revolutions.
By your logic that must mean you yourself know nothing about revolutions (or anything else really) that took place before your time.
I served in the military from 1990 to 1996 in the Middle East and Somalia. So, yeah, I know something about the differences between revolutionaries and smart-assed wannabe thugs.

So you are corroborating that you believe unless one has been there to experience something they know nothing about it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've heard a few years ago that Area 51 had been quietly shut down and moved to another Area due to all the public attention.

Area 51 has always been a red herring.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:08 pm

Yep, if you look at aerial photos of the Area 52 base (located under Pauite Mesa) in Area 52 there are indeed large pipes sticking out which appear to be ventilation shafts of an underground base.

There are supposed to be tunnels that link the underground base in Area 52 to the NORAD base in Cheyenne Mountain Colorado

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:
You are only 20 years old. The only 'Revolution' you experienced was your momma listening to Prince's band on the day you were born. Otherwise, you know nothing about revolutions.
By your logic that must mean you yourself know nothing about revolutions (or anything else really) that took place before your time.
I served in the military from 1990 to 1996 in the Middle East and Somalia. So, yeah, I know something about the differences between revolutionaries and smart-assed wannabe thugs.

So you are corroborating that you believe unless one has been there to experience something they know nothing about it.

I think Fnord is saying that when he was risking his life overseas fighting for America you were still in nappies, just be more respectful

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:

I think Fnord is saying that when he was risking his life overseas fighting for America you were still in nappies, just be more respectful

At what point was modernmax being disrespectful? The whole you were in nappies routine is absurd because it applies to you and Fnord as much as anyone else.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Thank you, CD. You are ever so much more tolerant with contentious people than I.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Thank you, CD. You are ever so much more tolerant with contentious people than I.

People get contentious over disparaging remarks especially when based on an absurd premise. Of course cyberdad is backing you up on it since he also disparages members in that manner.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm

Disparaging whom Ezra? I asked you to be more respectful

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
modernmax wrote:
People get contentious over disparaging remarks especially when based on an absurd premise. Of course cyberdad is backing you up on it since he also disparages members in that manner.
And what manner is that, pray tell?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Disparaging whom Ezra? I asked you to be more respectful.
No worries, CD. Lack of respect from him is like high praise from a saint -- it confirms the general correctness of my opinions, that's all.

:D

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Telling another adult they "know nothing" based on their age is obvious disparagement and a disrespectful thing to say. The idea of 'since I am older than you I get to put you down' or 'since I am a veteran I get to put you down' is pure nonsense. Fnord disrespected modernmax, not that other way around.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Jul 2019, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Telling another adult they "know nothing" based on their age is obvious disparagement and a disrespectful thing to say. The idea of 'since I am older than you I get to put you down' or 'since I am a veteran I get to put you down' is pure nonsense. Fnord dissed modernmax, not that other way around.

It's not a put down and I never said to anybody that they "Know nothing" as that's your projections....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Telling another adult they "know nothing" based on their age is obvious disparagement and a disrespectful thing to say. The idea of 'since I am older than you I get to put you down' or 'since I am a veteran I get to put you down' is pure nonsense. Fnord dissed modernmax, not that other way around.

It's not a put down and I never said to anybody that they "Know nothing" as that's your projections....

"know nothing" was quoting Fnord, not you. As far you, you have made disparaging remarks regarding age to the point where a moderator had to step in and tell you to stop.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Disparaging whom Ezra? I asked you to be more respectful.
No worries, CD. Lack of respect from him is like high praise from a saint -- it confirms the general correctness of my opinions, that's all.

:D

You disrespected modernmax, not the other way around. The idea that I am exhibiting disrespect by pointing out your display of disrespect is illogical.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:49 pm

If you must know the moderators stepped in after I apologised to you for not being sensitive to your feelings. They were not aware that I had already apologised.

Try and avoid inflating issues beyond their actual impact.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:53 pm

cyberdad wrote:
If you must know the moderators stepped in after I apologised to you for not being sensitive to your feelings. They were not aware that I had already apologised.

Try and avoid inflating issues beyond their actual impact.

What I remember is the moderator had to keep reiterating the warning because you kept defending what you did.