Trump Threatening EPA Action Against San Francisco

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm

Full Title:
Trump Threatening EPA Action Against San Francisco; Believes San Francisco's Homeless Population To Be Polluting Pacific Ocean

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/trump-san-francisco-california-homelessness-polluting-ocean-epa-action.html

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:26 am

...Note how his real concern expressed was how people who were inexpensive apartments - for the " prestige ", exact quote - had to see nasty Harry and Bettie Hobo outside? Bah :evil: ! !! !! !!
This included immigrants/people from abroad who'd bought those expensive apartments - Well, on the upside, we've discovered one kind of immigrant that Trump likes :P ! !! !! !! !!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:34 am

Trump is dehumanizing the homeless by making them out to be sub humanly dirty. :evil: :evil:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 3:54 am

I'm sure his father passed on his elitist values that he so evidently carries with great pride.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 4:01 am

LOL. In other words, to correct the backwards headline generated by the loony leftists at Slate:

"San Francisco can't even provide basic sanitation to its citizens. Trump asks EPA to step in."

There Are Four Lights!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 8:03 pm

When home prices rise far, far faster than incomes, to the point where one has to make $120,000/year just to be above the poverty line, and even many in the tech field—the very industry that’s boosting the economy in the area—can’t afford it, this happens.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 8:22 pm

It's absolutely ridiculous. There's probably also an increasing number of empty units that no one can afford. I have heard part of the problem is overseas real estate investors.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 9:49 pm

Just the ocean? All the feces that eventually get washed down the storm drains, on the beach sand, yards, etc... aren't doing the environment any favors either. Can you imagine? My husband and I went to New Orleans for our 1st anniversary and I physically withdrew from the stench of human feces in that city years ago. We were walking down one of the main streets, I forget which and the smell was horrible. I look over and a giant human turd is laid out on a business door entrance.

The homeless require people to survive, to panhandle, to street perform, etc... So, as long as there are homeless, you will never be free of poop in the big cities.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 10:33 pm

And what's the solution? busing homeless people to Arizona or Dakota?

The local government has to build more sanitation units so that there isn't human effluent washing into the storm drains.

Not rocket science...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 3:51 am

cyberdad wrote:

The local government has to build more sanitation units so that there isn't human effluent washing into the storm drains.

Not rocket science...

Absolutely right, my friend. The problem isn't homeless people, it's the out-of-reach standard of living. :( :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 4:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not rocket science...

Absolutely right, my friend. The problem isn't homeless people, it's the out-of-reach standard of living. :( :(

This illustrates the connection to conservatives complaining about taxes to pay for the poor...some of these issues are intractable even in a republican "fantasy land" where people pay 1c in the dollar tax (like a Ross Perot wet dream) and somehow the poor and homeless just die off or vanish.