Blocked Truck Driven into Rhode Island Anti-ICE protesters

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:25 am

TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
And it's MY opinion that most Americans lack empathy and compassion for their fellow man, which is exactly why we are in this mess.

You could be right. :heart:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 2:57 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
In America do protestors need a license to march on main streets?

If they do, they must be independently wealthy. Another question: how do these people have the time/money to protest? Most of us would have to ration our food for the week if we missed one day of work. Just another reason to be disgusted and contemptuous of individuals with the time and freedom to laze about.

I have more contempt for the people who benefit from the status quo than the people working to improve things.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:00 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
In Australia the truck driver would be prosecuted for endangering life. No brainer.

If that's what the law is then yes, the laws are made by no brainers.

It takes a real no brainer to defend the notion of intentionally choosing to strike people with one's vehicle. Oh well, at least your statement is public record so if you ever do it you'll end up caged like James Fields.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:08 pm

yep. easy instant weapon.
And it only takes a few seconds of taking your eye off the ball to get hit

i think someone tried to knock me down a few years ago
someone who i knew who is a complete d bag

in some streets however at least there are low walls that you can jump over
which result in the d bag driving into the wall and damaging themselves, their vehicle and someones property
better than damaging me that's all i can say

not sure what else you can do
apart from Ninja gymnastics

as who would carry around obstacles to put in the way of cars

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
In Australia the truck driver would be prosecuted for endangering life. No brainer.

If that's what the law is then yes, the laws are made by no brainers.

It takes a real no brainer to defend the notion of intentionally choosing to strike people with one's vehicle. Oh well, at least your statement is public record so if you ever do it you'll end up caged like James Fields.

See my previous post on that subject. They were jumping on his truck, he had his brakes on the whole time and was trying to get to work when a bunch of violent mob brainwashed communists tried to stop him by force.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 9:48 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

If they do, they must be independently wealthy. Another question: how do these people have the time/money to protest? Most of us would have to ration our food for the week if we missed one day of work. Just another reason to be disgusted and contemptuous of individuals with the time and freedom to laze about.

College students probably, I think back to the 1960s and many young people felt that protesting against injustice like the Vietnam war and civil rights was the right thing to do.

BLM is in relation to the continuous fear African Americans have of being killed by public servants (the police) who are paid by their own tax money to be protect them. Much of this is also intergenerational from back when a black person travelling outside of their home was always at risk of physical violence. Have you seen the movie "Green book". That was a real publication which saved many black lives as it informed black travellers of where it was save to travel and where they could stop to put gas, use public toilets or stay after dark.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 8:13 pm

Rhode Island guard resigns after video shows truck driving into anti-ICE protesters

Quote:
A Rhode Island correctional officer resigned Friday, one day after being placed on administrative leave following an incident in which a truck driver plowed the vehicle into a small crowd of anti-ICE protesters -- reportedly injuring two of them.

It remained unclear whether Capt. Thomas Woodworth -- who had worked at the Donald W. Wyatt Detention Facility in Central Falls, a government facility operated by a private contractor -- was behind the wheel of the truck in the Wednesday incident. The operator holds contracts to detain illegal immigrants on behalf of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Providence Journal report.

The Rhode Island State Police and facility officials are both investigating the incident, the Providence Journal reported.

The detention facility's managers have not confirmed the identity of the driver, citing the ongoing investigation, the Journal reported.

Never Again Action, which claims Woodworth was the driver, issued a statement Friday after the officer's resignation. In addition to the two injuries, the group also claims three people were treated for exposure to pepper spray, the Journal reported

One of the protesters, Jerry Belair, 64, suffered a broken leg and internal bleeding and was being examined for a possible back injury, the organization told Boston’s WBZ-TV.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 8:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
A Rhode Island correctional officer resigned Friday, one day after being placed on administrative leave following an incident in which a truck driver plowed the vehicle into a small crowd of anti-ICE protesters -- reportedly injuring two of them.

A guard resigned that may or may not have been the guard that drove the truck.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 8:19 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As I understand, these protesters were mostly Jewish, and Jewish people in America tend to be fairly well off. Here:

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/ICE-offi ... gns-598889

My understanding is, they're trying to prevent a repeat of the Holocaust or anything approaching that. They're wanting to go at it early in the process, long before the extermination begins.

So, let me ask you some questions:

How is protesting "laz(ing) about"?

Do you want the people you disagree with to be so poor that they can't afford to protest, and thus you don't have to worry about the status quo changing?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 12:41 am

beneficii wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As I understand, these protesters were mostly Jewish, and Jewish people in America tend to be fairly well off. Here:

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/ICE-offi ... gns-598889

My understanding is, they're trying to prevent a repeat of the Holocaust or anything approaching that. They're wanting to go at it early in the process, long before the extermination begins.

So, let me ask you some questions:

How is protesting "laz(ing) about"?

Do you want the people you disagree with to be so poor that they can't afford to protest, and thus you don't have to worry about the status quo changing?

The protest was at night so a lot of them theoretically had finished their workday. I would most of the protesters lived in the area and could drive or get a ride so the only cost would be for gas.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 4:54 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

A guard resigned that may or may not have been the guard that drove the truck.

It's the same one. I saw it on the protestor group's twitter days ago.