Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
America exports fascism

Uh huh. :roll:

You'd know that if you'd read or listened to Chomsky over the years. They have done it in South America mainly.

Yes, I am well aware of all that. That was mostly during the Cold War when the political establishment figured right wing governments would clamp down on communism, and in doing so also stunted the growth of democracy.
What I was referring to was America's war against fascism in WWII. And that value is being rediscovered with groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

Bulls**t. Communism was the excuse not that it excuses murdering Priests and Union leaders by using Himmler style death squads. They didn't go to fight fascism, they reinstated the Nazi collaborators in Italy and installed a Nazi in North Africa. Your fairytale version of history is just garbage. They also started bringing Nazis to work for them from 1945
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

The US supported neo Nazis in Ukraine, So it has nothing to do with Communism.

Antifa are just a bunch of communist thugs.

Yes, it was about communism, as Cold War fears had grown to hysteria.
Installing fascists in Italy after the war was not just the idea of the United States, but all the western Allies, including your country and the Papacy.
The Nazi element in Ukraine is so exaggerated by you guys on the right. That was coming from your boss, Putin, as propaganda.

Nothing to do with communism, as I just told you the US was supporting Nazis before the cold war and neo Nazis during and after. Even if your fantasies and lies about communism were true, that still would not justify supporting neo Nazi death squads. And it had nothing to do with communism, it's just the US wants to control the world and especially South America.
I'm talking about during the war, it was the first thing the US did.
My boss? Your fantasies are hilarious. It's you defending Nazis, neo Nazis and their murderous tactics.

I am not supporting Nazis of any sort.
Yes, it had everything to do with communism. That was the Cold War. And I'll remind you that the Soviet Union and China had hardly an exemplary record of supporting human rights conscious regimes.
America supported Nazis before and during WWII? !?!?! Where, on the Bizzaro world? FDR was a fervent Anti-Nazi, and he had the record to prove it.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 12:16 pm

You are supporting Nazis and Nazi death sqauds because your team supported them. The US's first actions were to install General Darlan in North Africa in 1942 who was a Nazi. And AGAIN, THE US removed the Italian resistance and installed the Nazi collaborators.
What the hell has China or Russia got to do with the US supporting neo Nazi death sqauds in South America. No 'derp communism' excuses it. The Cold War was used to excuse the US's barbaric actions.

If you can't deal with the painful truth don't talk about politics.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 5:38 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
You are supporting Nazis and Nazi death sqauds because your team supported them. The US's first actions were to install General Darlan in North Africa in 1942 who was a Nazi. And AGAIN, THE US removed the Italian resistance and installed the Nazi collaborators.
What the hell has China or Russia got to do with the US supporting neo Nazi death sqauds in South America. No 'derp communism' excuses it. The Cold War was used to excuse the US's barbaric actions.

Cold War fears of communism allowed right wing American extremists in government and the intelligence services to justify such deplorable things. That hardly means all of America was responsible for it. And as a matter of fact, I DO NOT support installing right wing fanatics and gangsters into foreign countries. I'm simply explaining why it was justified.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 11:00 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Seems a little odd to accuse Kraichie of being a Nazi? the US military/intelligence/security apparatus has appointed hawkish right wing ideologues in leadership roles (any surprise George Bush Snr went from CIA head to republican leader) to counter communism they propped up some despicable right wing governments around the world but I understand they did that for strategic reasons.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 12:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Seems a little odd to accuse Kraichie of being a Nazi? the US military/intelligence/security apparatus has appointed hawkish right wing ideologues in leadership roles (any surprise George Bush Snr went from CIA head to republican leader) to counter communism they propped up some despicable right wing governments around the world but I understand they did that for strategic reasons.

Wouldn't be for my German heredity, I wonder.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 1:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Cold War fears of communism allowed right wing American extremists in government and the intelligence services to justify such deplorable things. That hardly means all of America was responsible for it. And as a matter of fact, I DO NOT support installing right wing fanatics and gangsters into foreign countries. I'm simply explaining why it was justified.

Yes, all of America was responsible for it despite your fairy tale excuses. It WASN'T F**KING justified!! ! You are disgracefully trying to justify it and it's disgusting.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 1:13 am

No it's cause you're defending the US supporting neo Nazis.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 1:24 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Yes, all of America was responsible for it despite your fairy tale excuses. It WASN'T F**KING justified!! ! You are disgracefully trying to justify it and it's disgusting.

Geopolitics was dominated by the "domino theory" in the 1950s where there was a fear that post-colonial governments in developing countries would topple over like dominoes to communism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 2:24 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

This is yet again another example of your rabid Anti-Americanism. No, my country is hardly innocent, and has more often than not fallen short of our professed ideals. But what you are ranting about is a fictionalized American history.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 11:26 am

Neither of you can deal with reality. Only an idiot would believe the lies of the government saying they were destroying countries because of communism. Like the black market and weapons trade was about communism. It's tragic that anyone would be that gullible, but that's liberals I guess. There's no point arguing with people who just make stuff up as they go along to block out reality. It's pathetic, and then you accuse people of being anti American for criticising the US mass murdering people and supporting neo Nazis. No wonder you both need to virtue signal all day about garbage and fake Nazis with tiki torches, you have to try and make yourselves feel better about the real sick things you support and defend.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 4:48 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Neither of you can deal with reality. Only an idiot would believe the lies of the government saying they were destroying countries because of communism. Like the black market and weapons trade was about communism. It's tragic that anyone would be that gullible, but that's liberals I guess. There's no point arguing with people who just make stuff up as they go along to block out reality. It's pathetic, and then you accuse people of being anti American for criticising the US mass murdering people and supporting neo Nazis. No wonder you both need to virtue signal all day about garbage and fake Nazis with tiki torches, you have to try and make yourselves feel better about the real sick things you support and defend.

Fake Nazis with tiki torches? If they weren't real Nazis, I don't know what they were.
Here's a clue - - those policies for supporting right wing despots and their death squads came from CONSERVATIVES!! !
I don't accuse people of being Anti-American for criticizing bad American policy, but for actually hating my country. After all, it was you who said that all America was responsible for government policies.
If you don't believe that the fear of communism had been used to justify indefensible policies, then your beef isn't with me or Cyberdad, but with every legitimate historian in modern times.