Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 1 of 43 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 10:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How about if somebody is already in a hospital bed, after surgery? And that somebody is given the 33-day notice?

We should rise above other countries, and show our humanitarian side.

That’s what I think.

This sort of thing is what gave the US credibility in the first place. As a place which rises over other countries. Now, we’re just a schmuck country with no more credibility than any other country.

We’ve gone downhill.

Yep looks like the US is losing its reputation for taking care of the rest of the world.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 1:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This sort of thing is what gave the US credibility in the first place. As a place which rises over other countries. Now, we’re just a schmuck country with no more credibility than any other country.

We’ve gone downhill.

When the "tired huddled massess" changed from blonde haired Europeans escaping poverty in the 1940s to Mexicans escaping poverty the immigration rules conveniently changed.

Trump says it best when he said he (and white America) don't want people from s**thole countries...especially if they have huge medical bills

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 2:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

We’ve gone downhill.

When the "tired huddled massess" changed from blonde haired Europeans escaping poverty in the 1940s to Mexicans escaping poverty the immigration rules conveniently changed.

Trump says it best when he said he (and white America) don't want people from s**thole countries...especially if they have huge medical bills

The Intercept did a really good article on the history of Border Patrol and their purpose:

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/12/bor ... l-history/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 2:34 am

The US border patrol are not accountable if there's "nobody looking".

In the middle of the desert away from CCTV cameras they can essentially do what they want to vulnerable people.

The Italian coastguard has also been accused of similar misdeeds when handling African asylum seekers in the Mediterranean sea.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 3:02 am

I can completely understand the need to lower the amount of money used for the sake of outsiders when many of the citizens of his own country are suffering, but I also think that this is the wrong way to do it. Plus, there's plenty of other stuff he could cut from first... I mean don't many American politicans, him included, do a lot of expensive leisure stuff with tax payers' money? That would be a good place to cut from, too... and if it's "America first" -kind of business then I'm sure there're lots of poor families with children that are supposed to be the future of America that the money could be directed to; it wouldn't even have to go to the "evil and greedy immigrants."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 3:29 am

This is just another cruel, inhuman scheme on the part of Trump/Miller in order to discourage immigration from Latin America. I sincerely hope there is a Hell.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 11:09 am

Trump doesn't like the "welfare immigrant".

Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ic-charge/

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 11:33 am

Here we go... BAD, bad US...

I'm sure the same folks who are bemoaning how awful we are either have made decisions not to procreate because of limited global resources, climate change and have listed over-population as a reason for energy demand. They are the same individuals who are pro-abortion because God knows a healthy baby is just a tumor, sapping valuable nutrients from and unwilling host.

But I'll be damned if these same people aren't trying to say how awful we are for attempting to see to it that the people we are allowing into this country are at least capable of lifting a spoon. And are here for at least a fekkin' year before requiring a million dollars worth of free healthcare. That would just be horrible.

If it's a kid, with healthy parents, I totally get that. I will help part the crowd for them.

By your logic, we ought to save the world the trouble and nuke ourselves. Then we'll all be Chernobyl look alikes and level the playing field.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 1:38 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

I'm sure the same folks who are bemoaning how awful we are either have made decisions not to procreate because of limited global resources, climate change and have listed over-population as a reason for energy demand. They are the same individuals who are pro-abortion because God knows a healthy baby is just a tumor, sapping valuable nutrients from and unwilling host.

But I'll be damned if these same people aren't trying to say how awful we are for attempting to see to it that the people we are allowing into this country are at least capable of lifting a spoon. And are here for at least a fekkin' year before requiring a million dollars worth of free healthcare. That would just be horrible.

If it's a kid, with healthy parents, I totally get that. I will help part the crowd for them.

By your logic, we ought to save the world the trouble and nuke ourselves. Then we'll all be Chernobyl look alikes and level the playing field.

You're raving.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 2:19 pm

beneficii wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

You're raving.

Yup, it's a gift.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 3:37 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Sometimes doing the right thing is more important than saving a little money.
Am I seriously supposed to take Breitbart as a legitimate source?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 5:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Sometimes doing the right thing is more important than saving a little money.
Am I seriously supposed to take Breitbart as a legitimate source?

Trump memorandum …

Sponsers of "welfare immigrants" pay their welfare bill.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... efits.html

The move “will dramatically curb ‘welfare tourism”

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 5:54 pm

America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 6:03 pm

The problem is not the paucity of money; it is how the money is distributed.

This is the base line issue for relieving the poverty of Americans.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 6:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.

Really? Have you been paying attention?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 7:54 pm

EzraS wrote:

Used to be, sometimes even still, Indians got a " 7-11" store. Asians got a "dry cleaning" store (I see a lot of Asian run beauty supply stores and nail salons), Greeks got a "Diner," (that was one side of my family). The Polish side must've been dirt poor, because they got nothing and lived in a ghetto section of Pittsburgh, etc... I don't know how that came about, if they had to arrive with a certain amount of capital to qualify for a grant. But, it seems like now, the poorer and more f****d up they are, the better the liberals like it. Anyone who doesn't have dark brown skin color doesn't even seem to 'qualify' as a struggling immigrant and gets skipped over as an example of what the advantages of legal immigration can look like.