These Stores Don't Want You to Bring Your Gun, Now

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Sep 2019, 7:04 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 208651001/

USA Today wrote:
Companies that don't allow open carry:

1. Whataburger: In an open letter on the company's website, Whataburger president and CEO Preston Atkinson said in 2015 that many employees and customers are "uncomfortable being around someone with a visible firearm." Concealed carry is OK, however, the company asks patrons not to open carry in restaurants.

2. Sonic: Up until 2014, Sonic relied on local laws "to guide how we address the display of guns at drive-ins." However after open-carry activists brought rifles and shotguns into its establishment, the restaurant began requesting that patrons leave the weapons at home.

3. Panera Bread: The bakery-cafe chain said in 2014 that it asks customers not to bring firearms into any of its outlets across the country. Panera said in a statement that it strives to create cafes "where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome."
Panera Bread.

Panera Bread. (Photo: Panera Bread)

4. Chili’s: The dine-in restaurant chain said in a 2014 statement that it "kindly" asks guests to refrain from openly carrying firearms.

5. Starbucks: The coffee chain wrote in a 2013 open letter that it appreciates "that there is a highly sensitive balance of rights and responsibilities surrounding America’s gun laws." However, its stores are "respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms" inside the establishment or in outdoor seating areas "even in states where “open carry” is permitted."
Starbucks.

Starbucks. (Photo: Starbucks)

6. Target: The retail giant addressed firearms in a 2014 blog post saying that its approach has "always been to follow local laws." Target added that it requests guests not to bring guns inside.

7. Costco: The company's website says that it doesn't "believe it's necessary to bring firearms into its warehouses, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."

8. Trader Joes: In a 2016 announcement, the company said it would like to "make clear we do not welcome weapons of any kind in our stores."

9. Chipotle: The Mexican fast-food company began asking customers not to bring firearms into its restaurants after gun-rights advocates brought assault-style weapons into a downtown Dallas store in 2014.
The inside of a Chipiotle.

Chipotle Mexican Grill has a new process to test potential menu additions. (Photo: Chipotle)

10. HEB: The grocery chain's policy has always been no open carry on its premises, even before a 2015 Texas law that allowed open carry, the company said in an email to USA TODAY.

11. CVS: The drugstore chain announced the change Thursday in "requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.”

12. Walgreens: On Thursday, the chain said it was "asking our customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials."

13. Wegmans: New York-based Wegmans Food Markets announced Thursday it too was changing its policies and said "we prefer that customers not openly carry firearms into our stores."


I first heard this the other day----it started with Wal-Mart and Kroeger.

OMG, how UNbeLIEVably stupid can these people be (CEOs or whomever)? The safest places are the ones where guns are ALLOWED----HELLO? They might as well stick a sign on the door that says "Mass murderers welcome----y'all come back, now, ya hear!".





_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,074
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

06 Sep 2019, 12:51 am

How dare they want to create a comfortable environment for their shoppers. Mouth-breathers who need to take their assault rifles into Walmart don't exactly make the other patrons comfortable. Society is tired of catering to socially maladjusted gun nuts and they'll just have to accept that fact.


_________________
knife goes in, guts come out


beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,119

06 Sep 2019, 12:59 am

To be fair to them, what they object to is open carry. You can still carry concealed in their stores.


_________________
"You have a responsibility to consider all sides of a problem and a responsibility to make a judgment and a responsibility to care for all involved." --Ian Danskin


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,181
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Sep 2019, 2:55 am

Walking around with rifle, even if it's inside a case, seems like a good way to freak people out. Add walking around with any other weapon to that such as a crossbow, a sword (like a Japanese one aka katana) etc is going to freak people out. I mean I guess. I have never seen it happen.

I never would have expected any of those stores on the list or any others like them to be okay with it. Just seems like a good way to have cops coming at you with drawn weapons shouting to drop it and get down on the ground after someone calls 911.

I remember when my dad bought me a .22 rifle for target shooting at a Walmart, they made a big production of escorting us out of the store with it to the car.

That's right, I am a member of the mouth breather clan :)



Last edited by EzraS on 06 Sep 2019, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,712

06 Sep 2019, 3:01 am

There are worse things to conceal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waw7pvF1ZSk



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

06 Sep 2019, 3:09 am

What's effed up is Walmart has stated just this week that they will no longer sell handgun ammo, and some rifle ammo (5.56, 7.62, etc.). :roll:


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,074
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

06 Sep 2019, 3:18 am

EzraS wrote:
Walking around with rifle, even if it's inside a case, seems like a good way to freak people out. Add walking around with any other weapon to that such as a crossbow, a sword (like a Japanese one aka katana) etc is going to freak people out. I mean I guess. I have never seen it happen.

I never would have expected any of those stores on the list or any others like them to be okay with it. Just seems like a good way to have cops coming at you with drawn weapons shouting to drop it and get down on the ground after someone calls 911.

I remember when my dad bought me a .22 rifle for target shooting at a Walmart, they made a big production of escorting us out of the store with it to the car.

That's right, I am a member of the mouth breather clan :)


You're really not who I'm talking about. I don't mean people who buy guns at Walmart, I mean the open carry people who insist on bringing their rifles to Target. You've got a pretty obvious explanation for having the gun you bought at Walmart at Walmart. Escorting you out makes sense too, they probably do that with air guns too. At least here they do.

You're right though when you say it would be socially disruptive no matter what sort of weapon you're openly carrying.

I'm a gun owner, you're kinda relying on changing what I meant to try to make your point.


_________________
knife goes in, guts come out


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,181
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Sep 2019, 3:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Walking around with rifle, even if it's inside a case, seems like a good way to freak people out. Add walking around with any other weapon to that such as a crossbow, a sword (like a Japanese one aka katana) etc is going to freak people out. I mean I guess. I have never seen it happen.

I never would have expected any of those stores on the list or any others like them to be okay with it. Just seems like a good way to have cops coming at you with drawn weapons shouting to drop it and get down on the ground after someone calls 911.

I remember when my dad bought me a .22 rifle for target shooting at a Walmart, they made a big production of escorting us out of the store with it to the car.

That's right, I am a member of the mouth breather clan :)


You're really not who I'm talking about. I don't mean people who buy guns at Walmart, I mean the open carry people who insist on bringing their rifles to Target. You've got a pretty obvious explanation for having the gun you bought at Walmart at Walmart. Escorting you out makes sense too, they probably do that with air guns too. At least here they do.

You're right though when you say it would be socially disruptive no matter what sort of weapon you're openly carrying.

I'm a gun owner, you're kinda relying on changing what I meant to try to make your point.


My last line was just a joke after I had already made my point.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,074
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

06 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
My last line was just a joke after I had already made my point.


Fair enough.


_________________
knife goes in, guts come out


Donald Morton
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 193
Location: Upper Midwest

06 Sep 2019, 12:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
How dare they want to create a comfortable environment for their shoppers. Mouth-breathers who need to take their assault rifles into Walmart don't exactly make the other patrons comfortable. Society is tired of catering to socially maladjusted gun nuts and they'll just have to accept that fact.



I with you!! !! !!


_________________
The impossible is only something that hasn't been done yet.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,895
Location: Aux Arcs

06 Sep 2019, 2:09 pm

The only time I ever see people carrying openly is during hunting season.Usually in a store that sells guns or ammo. It’s not that unusual to see someone with a handgun in a holster in the grocery store.I’ve never seen anyone walking around with a grocery cart shopping with a long gun.
When my kids were in school people drove right up to the door to pick up kids with guns in a rack in the back window.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,190
Location: USA

06 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

Open carry people like to assert their rights to the fullest.

[YOU TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS???]

Here comes … an open carry 50 caliber semi-automatic Browning Machine Gun
Image


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,572
Location: New England

06 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Open carry people like to assert their rights to the fullest.

[YOU TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS???]

Here comes … an open carry 50 caliber semi-automatic Browning Machine Gun
Image

Well, that might be enough for a trip to the grocery store, but if I'm going any farther afield I'm definitely going to need to carry my rocket launcher, too. :mrgreen:


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,952
Location: US

06 Sep 2019, 5:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
How dare they want to create a comfortable environment for their shoppers. Mouth-breathers who need to take their assault rifles into Walmart don't exactly make the other patrons comfortable. Society is tired of catering to socially maladjusted gun nuts and they'll just have to accept that fact.

Feel safe and comfortable is key. They won’t be safe and comfortable, mass shooters aren’t going care that Walmart doesn’t want them to bring their guns in.

People carried rifles in tea as as protest and it worked they can now carry handguns, see in Texas’s it was illgeal to carry handguns but legal to carry long guns, so in protest they carried long guns.

People won’t feel safe and comfortable when they get shot cause Walmart doesn’t allow them or others to carry defensive firearms

I support such laws that hold businesses accountable to the death and harm done into others if they forbid people to carry and don’t provide armed security.
Funny how business In areas with such laws drop their no gun policies.
But if I won’t be allowed to protect my self then they have to since it’s them deciding I can’t. And if they fail they should be held both legally and financially responsible



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,712

06 Sep 2019, 8:10 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Open carry people like to assert their rights to the fullest.

[YOU TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS???]

Here comes … an open carry 50 caliber semi-automatic Browning Machine Gun
Image


Gee! why doesn't this genius get to drive a tank into Walmart :roll:

It's his constitutional right :lol: