NYT admits the "Deep State" does exist

Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:19 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
You have been derailing this thread for about two pages now.

Nope, I've been discussing the "deep state", which is such an ill-defined term anyway, just from a different perspective.

Y'all are the ones who leaped on a sardonic article from the NYTimes which said the "deep state" was the career bureaucracy and the various laws and regulations they follow, and made it into the admission of a whole conspiracy theory about how poor Trump is being oppressed by the "deep state".

I on the other hand, am going into real conspiracies that have hurt people, like what's happening in Bolivia and happened in Chile and elsewhere in Latin America throughout the last century. If you don't wanna say the CIA-backed coup in Chile in the 70s was the "deep state" in action, then I have no idea how you're defining it.

You hijacked and derailed this thread by first trying to make the topic fit your definition of the "deep state" rather than sticking to the OP's definition. You then continued derailing it by making the line of discussion about the OP rather than the position he is maintaining and also about you and myself. This thread is now a shambles as a result of it. And instead of having the good graces to stop and get back on topic, you will likely continue with derailing it.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:34 am

EzraS wrote:
You hijacked and derailed this thread by first trying to make the topic fit your definition of the "deep state" rather than sticking to the OP's definition. You then continued derailing it by making the line of discussion about the OP rather than the position he is maintaining and also about you and myself. This thread is now a shambles as a result of it. And instead of having the good graces to stop and get back on topic, you will likely continue with derailing it.

Nope, he attacked me first, saying how "nobody believes" me, the same as you; only then did I turn the discussion back on to him.

I'm just tired of seeing people whining about how they think Trump is so so oppressed, and just sweeping under the rug real abuses.

And yeah, if you want me to address the article specifically. It's good we have a career bureaucracy that is loyal to the Constitution and the country, and not to a single man. And that if they see crap like Trump extorting the President of Ukraine for personal benefit, they're going to stand up and stay something. Because again, their loyalty is to the Constitution and the country, not to Trump. It is now Congress that is investigating Trump and considering whether to impeach. I mean, I guess Trump lovers have a problem with that because it might mean that Trump is either diminished or removed from office, but tough. Congress is carrying out its constitutional duties.

But now the GOP wants to essentially go after the messengers because they are not sufficiently loyal to Trump. They forget that loyalty to Trump is not the same thing as loyalty to the Constitution or the country. And Trump needs to remember that he barely won the last election: he can easily lose the next one. He needs to make sure that he doesn't overstep his mandate. He needs to stop lying to himself and to the public about everything.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:42 am

After you hijacked this thread the OP said you cannot be taken seriously. You went on to prove him right with several pages of off topic rants. You clearly do not have a grip.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:51 am

EzraS wrote:
After you hijacked this thread the OP said you cannot be taken seriously. You went on to prove him right with several pages of off topic posts. You clearly do not have a grip.

And who's the judge of that, you and JohnPowell? Give me a break.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:53 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It seems strange that a liberal rag like the NYT is being held up as a paragon of truth by a conservative conspiracist.

I think liberal media admitting there is a deep state is seen as kinda like when tobacco companies finally admitted that cigarettes are harmful.

Actually you and Powell derailed this thread when you both attacked liberals when we were trying to hold a discussion on the US deep state...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:56 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
After you hijacked this thread the OP said you cannot be taken seriously. You went on to prove him right with several pages of off topic posts. You clearly do not have a grip.

And who's the judge of that, you and JohnPowell? Give me a break.

Forum posting and debating 101 is the judge of that. You should probably take a refresher course on how it works.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It seems strange that a liberal rag like the NYT is being held up as a paragon of truth by a conservative conspiracist.

I think liberal media admitting there is a deep state is seen as kinda like when tobacco companies finally admitted that cigarettes are harmful.

Actually you and Powell derailed this thread when you both attacked liberals when we were trying to hold a discussion on the US deep state...

Exactly.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Nope the tread derailed when beneficii hijacked it. Up until then it had been on topic. Similar conduct from beneficii in other threads has resulted in them being locked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:20 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Nope the tread derailed when beneficii hijacked it. Up until then it had been on topic. Similar conduct from beneficii in other threads has resulted in them being locked.

And of course neither of you angels never had anything to do with previous threads getting locked :roll:

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:41 am

Is it really that hard to actually discuss the topic or related topics, instead of accusing people of hijacking threads?

Deep State falls into "something necessary scares us lets give it a scary name."

It is necessary to have career government officials? Why because no one gets good at anything without experience and restricting peoples experience to 4 years and turning over every government job with every administration is ridiculously impractical.

Can said officials affect policy? Yes.

When someone suggests the deep state needs to be killed what is the alternative?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 2:48 am

The alternative is not to have these unaccountable organisations that threaten/kill/sabotage elected officials at home or abroad.

It is pretty obvious who derailed the thread.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 3:30 am

Antrax wrote:
It is necessary to have career government officials? Why because no one gets good at anything without experience and restricting peoples experience to 4 years and turning over every government job with every administration is ridiculously impractical.

Moot point
The annual budget for the NIP and MIP is close to 70 billion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... nce_budget

and this doesn't cover black projects which account for trillions of dollars unaccounted for in the budget.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:

Moot point
The annual budget for the NIP and MIP is close to 70 billion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... nce_budget

and this doesn't cover black projects which account for trillions of dollars unaccounted for in the budget.

I'm not certain what point you're trying to make. Also the unaccounted trillions, is trillions of dollars in accounting errors. That doesn't actually mean there are trillions of dollars being funnelled to black projects.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:17 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The alternative is not to have these unaccountable organisations that threaten/kill/sabotage elected officials at home or abroad.

The premise of Deep State is that there are career bureaucrats in the government who will do their jobs how they see fit regardless of who is elected as their bosses. Furthermore since they're the only ones who understand their job well enough to have a full picture of what is going on, they can work in contrast to the will of the elected officials without getting fired.

The alternative is to not have career bureaucrats, but that is not feasibly possible. If you remove the current bureaucrats, others will arise in their place.

I swear its like arguing with anarchists. Humanity arose out of anarchy and any anarchist society will revert back to its current state.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:36 pm

Antrax wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The premise of Deep State is that there are career bureaucrats in the government who will do their jobs how they see fit regardless of who is elected as their bosses. Furthermore since they're the only ones who understand their job well enough to have a full picture of what is going on, they can work in contrast to the will of the elected officials without getting fired.

The alternative is to not have career bureaucrats, but that is not feasibly possible. If you remove the current bureaucrats, others will arise in their place.

I swear its like arguing with anarchists. Humanity arose out of anarchy and any anarchist society will revert back to its current state.

You really don't understand. These aren't hard working bureaucrats that carry on no matter which party and just do their good ole job. It is unelected psychos working on behalf of the MIC, part of it. That will do whatever it takes to achieve its aims, which are endless wars which includes supporting Al Qaeda and arming ISIS. Supporting neo Nazis to remove foreign leaders and so on. That's what the deep state is and why it needs to be removed.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 3:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Antrax wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

You really don't understand. These aren't hard working bureaucrats that carry on no matter which party and just do their good ole job. It is unelected psychos working on behalf of the MIC, part of it. That will do whatever it takes to achieve its aims, which are endless wars which includes supporting Al Qaeda and arming ISIS. Supporting neo Nazis to remove foreign leaders and so on. That's what the deep state is and why it needs to be removed.

What is your proposal. Not have an intelligence community?