Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:39 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It is an important issue. But I think it is also going to be addressed by the left with the usual virtue signalling and crocodile tears.

So if I start a new thread, you'll cut it out with these insinuations of virtue signalling and crocodile tears?

That is a risk you'll have to take. Quite honestly I think you mainly just want to do another anti-trump spiel in the guise of being upset about Bolivians. Not that the anti-trump part bothers me any. It is the part where I am supposed to pretend that's not what it is all about that I would call into question. Than again you said you don't care about my "stupid crap" so why even ask.

A "risk"? What are you talking about? I cannot even parse the rest of what you wrote here, because your use of the word "risk" makes no sense here.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:41 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
This is a worrying thing actually. Because of liberals hysteria over everything Trump does whether it is good or bad, there is now a boy who cried wolf affect.

US foreign policy is controlled by the deep state, the same deep state that liberals are cheering for to remove Trump. It is the deep state/Military Industrial Complex that needs to be removed.

As if I was saying it in a way that was only about Trump. :roll: Go back and read what I wrote. Jesus Christ. I brought up Allende and how this crap has been going on for a century.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:52 pm

Here's my statement on the matter: The corporate-backed establishment that has done this crap for decades is bad. Trump is also a bad guy, and insane and an imminent danger in a way the establishment isn't. Still, Trump is a symptom of the rot created by the establishment, and if we just go back to the "way things were", new Trumps will just keep popping up over and over, smarter Trumps, less insane Trumps, Trumps who can do real damage to our democracy.

This is why I support Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, and greatly improving the participation rate of US elections by pushing policies that are actually popular. Sanders's and Warren's proposals will help break the back of corporate control over our elections and government by giving more power to the people. People won't have to fear losing their health care if they say something that offends their employer anymore. There will be greater regulations and check on corporate power that will prevent them screwing over the customer in most cases and holding them accountable in cases where they do. We'll solve the building environmental crisis over climate change FOR REAL with proposals like the Green New Deal rather than the corporate-friendly half-way measures that don't actually solve the problem.

That is what I support. To me, this isn't about Trump vs. the "deep state", which according to NYT just refers to the career bureaucracy--which isn't exactly news,--it's evil and eviller bastards taking advantage and exploiting ordinary Americans around the world and making the climate less and less habitable, vs. the people.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:25 pm

No one believes you. Anyone who is in the 'hystericalorangemanbad' crowd cannot be taken seriously anymore.

And lol. Sanders and Warren are both war mongering shills. Sanders co sponsored the propaganda bill to invade Libya. He voted to give $1.5 trillion to Lockheed Martin for the F-35 that doesn't even work so give it a rest. It is Gabbard or Trump. Sanders wants open borders and to give illegal immigrants 'free' healthcare. Warren is the biggest liar on earth. I guess I can respect Yang as well for being consistent.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:28 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
No one believes you. Anyone who is in the 'hystericalorangemanbad' crowd cannot be taken seriously anymore.

And lol. Sanders and Warren are both war mongering shills. Sanders co sponsored the propaganda bill to invade Libya. He voted to give $1.5 trillion to Lockheed Martin for the F-35 that doesn't even work so give it a rest. It is Gabbard or Trump. Sanders wants open borders and to give illegal immigrants 'free' healthcare. Warren is the biggest liar on earth. I guess I can respect Yang as well for being consistent.

Actually, lots of people believe in our cause, and our movement is growing everyday.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:37 pm

beneficii wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Actually, lots of people believe in our cause, and our movement is growing everyday.

I agree. Every time an illegal immigrant enters the country the cause grows.

Trump will win again and liberals will double down with their hysteria.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:44 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
beneficii wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I agree. Every time an illegal immigrant enters the country the cause grows.

Trump will win again and liberals will double down with their hysteria.

You're pretty cynical. My initial instinct would be to say that you are just someone who demands absolute perfection, a Puritan of sorts, which is not exactly unheard of in American politics. But then you demand that we support Trump, a reprehensible man who represents the worst of America. I'm guessing that you're just someone who's trying to draw a wedge between the left (including people like me) and the rest of the forum here, a common tactic by the alt-right.

Also, I will say this, for someone who claims to live in Palestine and to be Palestinian, you've always had very good English. In fact, had you never brought it up, I would never have guessed you weren't just another native English speaker.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 7:20 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Should 2 million jobs be turned over every 4 years.

So, on the national scale... half a million jobs per year out of 350 million people, or 1 job per year for every 700 people. Not sounding exactly difficult there. Particularly if they all use much the same standardized process.

What insanity is this. You want to hire 2 million people without the job experience to do a job for only 4 years and then have to go find another career. Good luck.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 7:33 pm

Antrax wrote:
Dial1194 wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Should 2 million jobs be turned over every 4 years.

So, on the national scale... half a million jobs per year out of 350 million people, or 1 job per year for every 700 people. Not sounding exactly difficult there. Particularly if they all use much the same standardized process.

What insanity is this. You want to hire 2 million people without the job experience to do a job for only 4 years and then have to go find another career. Good luck.

Good point. We need a career bureaucracy. They're our experts who provide good information to our elected leaders, and help carry out the laws passed by Congress. Having a massive turnover in the career bureaucracy every 4 years just to appoint them with people biased in favor of the current President's agenda, is really bad governance and impairs both the provision of good information to our leaders and the carrying out of laws.

James Madison spoke out against "the wanton removal of meritorious officers" by the President, and suggested it's an impeachable offense:

https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 12-02-0143

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 8:39 pm

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm

beneficii wrote:
I'm guessing that you're just someone who's trying to draw a wedge between the left (including people like me) and the rest of the forum here, a common tactic by the alt-right.

You made it pretty clear in your "lots of people believe in our cause, and our movement is growing everyday"
statement that you are obviously the one here with an agenda. And you carry it off in a manner with which it is difficult to take you seriously.

beneficii wrote:
Also, I will say this, for someone who claims to live in Palestine and to be Palestinian, you've always had very good English. In fact, had you never brought it up, I would never have guessed you weren't just another native English speaker.

I think it has already been pointed out to you more than once that John Powell is British (hint: Powell is a surname of Welsh - not Palestinian - origin). Which would explain why he has "always had very good English." Which ironically is broken English on your part.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
You made it pretty clear in your "lots of people believe in our cause, and our movement is growing everyday"
statement that you are obviously the one here with an agenda. And you carry it off in a manner with which it is difficult to take you seriously.

I think it has already been pointed out to you more than once that John Powell is British (hint: Powell is a surname of Welsh - not Palestinian - origin). Which would explain why he has "always had very good English." Which ironically is broken English on your part.

We all have "agendas" here, or we wouldn't be posting in threads about politics. If you don't want to deal with politics and people with particular beliefs making sure our views are heard, then get out of these threads.

Now, you're the one trying to drive a wedge between me and the rest of the community. But I know I have a lot of allies here, so it's not going to work.

And if John Powell is not actually from Palestine, he should take off the thing from his location. He's misrepresenting himself by doing that.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
surname of Welsh - not Palestinian - origin). Which would explain why he has "always had very good English." Which ironically is broken English on your part.

Yes, I know well enough that my use of language can sometimes be a little strange. I'm on the spectrum and had a speech delay as a child; in addition, I have had a lot of exposure to Japanese, as well as to people speaking English as a second language, so I've sometimes picked up the ways native speakers of various languages say things.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:47 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

We all have "agendas" here, or we wouldn't be posting in threads about politics. If you don't want to deal with politics and people with particular beliefs making sure our views are heard, then get out of these threads.

Now, you're the one trying to drive a wedge between me and the rest of the community. But I know I have a lot of allies here, so it's not going to work.

You are obviously the one out to disrupt as has been demonstrated in the numerous times you have derailed threads, like you have derailed this one. Which you often do by making the discussion about the users rather than the topic they are discussing, like you are doing here.

As I recall a few threads have been locked because you turned them into a string of personal attacks. Your talk of a cause, a movement and allies, makes it clear you are the one out to do pit one side against the other and do battle rather than actually discuss the news.

beneficii wrote:
And if John Powell is not actually from Palestine, he should take off the thing from his location. He's misrepresenting himself by doing that.

Hint: I'm not really from Twin Peaks. The moderator XFilesGeek is not really from the Oort Cloud. Fnord is not really from Stendec.

Last edited by EzraS on 12 Nov 2019, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
You are obviously the one out to disrupt as has been demonstrated in the numerous times you have derailed threads, like you have derailed this one. Which you often do by making the discussion about the users rather than the topic they are discussing, like you are doing here. As I recall a few threads have been locked because you turn them into a string of personal attacks. Your talk of a cause, a movement and allies, makes it clear you are the one out to do pit one side against the other and do battle rather than actually discuss the news.

Not true. Y'all loving look at what I do, but what do you guys do? John Powell is over here talking about how nobody believes me and that I'm just a fraud, you're over here giving the left a hard time while giving the right a pass, even as you pretend to be neutral. You guys need to look at how you develop situations and treat your fellow forum-years. It's just my belief that if you guys give me or the left heat, I'll give it right back.

Quote:
Hint: I'm not really from Twin Peaks. The moderator XFilesGeek is not really from the Oort Cloud. Fnord is not really from Stendec.

Those are either not real places, or places where you would not reasonably expect living humans to be. But there are humans living in Palestine, and I think at least some of them have VPN connections and join English-speaking forums. John Powell, were he actually in Palestine, most certainly would not have been the first I've seen.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:01 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
You are obviously the one out to disrupt as has been demonstrated in the numerous times you have derailed threads, like you have derailed this one. Which you often do by making the discussion about the users rather than the topic they are discussing, like you are doing here. As I recall a few threads have been locked because you turn them into a string of personal attacks. Your talk of a cause, a movement and allies, makes it clear you are the one out to do pit one side against the other and do battle rather than actually discuss the news.

Not true. Y'all loving look at what I do, but what do you guys do? John Powell is over here talking about how nobody believes me and that I'm just a fraud, you're over here giving the left a hard time while giving the right a pass, even as you pretend to be neutral. You guys need to look at how you develop situations and treat your fellow forum-years. It's just my belief that if you guys give me or the left heat, I'll give it right back.

Quote:

Those are either not real places, or places where you would not reasonably expect living humans to be. But there are humans living in Palestine, and I think at least some of them have VPN connections and join English-speaking forums. John Powell, were he actually in Palestine, most certainly would not have been the first I've seen.

None of that is relevant to the topic of this thread.