The "Insect Apocalypse" May Pose A Risk To Life On Earth

Page 9 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 2:30 am

EzraS wrote:
So you put the focus on me again as usual and then pretend that it's my fault. That's rich.

Stick to debating the topic Ezra

BTW WTF is this...."Bottom line. Ezra is far more intelligent than you, and sees through your crap."

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 2:34 am

In the meantime no one is giving up their millions of fossil fuel vehicles that they say are poisoning the air. And I think that's because they don't really believe the situation is all that dire.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 2:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So you put the focus on me again as usual and then pretend that it's my fault. That's rich.

Stick to debating the topic Ezra

BTW WTF is this...."Bottom line. Ezra is far more intelligent than you, and sees through your crap."

It's a quote from a thread. Now stop focusing on me and get back on topic cyberdad.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 2:39 am

EzraS wrote:
In the meantime no one is giving up their millions of fossil fuel vehicles that they say are poisoning the air. And I think that's because they don't really believe the situation is all that dire.

Or it just might be they're not really able to. This is something we must do as a society; it's not something people can do on their own.

But I do know that to the hyper individualistic, libertarian-minded people, that's mind blown.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 2:46 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
So anyway, as anyone can see, the Republicans are the biggest obstacle in the world to acting on climate change. Any serious attempt to address climate change, must also include taking down the Republicans in the process. They will use every ounce of their power to stall and obstruct any legislation or other action on climate change. We must take them down, not just in the Presidency and Congress, but also in the state legislatures and the courts. We must continue until they are gone, or they come to their senses.

Bravo. You came right out and said it without mincing words. They want total control of everything like I have been saying and will stoop to all kinds of subterfuge to gain total control. And of course it's not just those in government office that must be taken down. It's anything or anyone hindering them that must be taken down as well. The general population will have to join them or at least submit to them or else.

This is a strawman. I do not want "total control of everything". I want to defeat the Republicans (politically).

You just said that the democrats must be in control of the presidency, the senate, congress, state legislature and courts ie the entire government ie in total control. And it has already been said that such a government needs to be in total control of corporations and the free market and so on. All in all that pretty much sums up total control of everything.

Only if you can consider a social democracy in a parliamentary democracy to be the same. You're being insincere here.

Based on everything I have heard from liberals/democrats they want everything to operate according to their so called progressive idiology.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 3:25 am

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
So anyway, as anyone can see, the Republicans are the biggest obstacle in the world to acting on climate change. Any serious attempt to address climate change, must also include taking down the Republicans in the process. They will use every ounce of their power to stall and obstruct any legislation or other action on climate change. We must take them down, not just in the Presidency and Congress, but also in the state legislatures and the courts. We must continue until they are gone, or they come to their senses.

Bravo. You came right out and said it without mincing words. They want total control of everything like I have been saying and will stoop to all kinds of subterfuge to gain total control. And of course it's not just those in government office that must be taken down. It's anything or anyone hindering them that must be taken down as well. The general population will have to join them or at least submit to them or else.

This is a strawman. I do not want "total control of everything". I want to defeat the Republicans (politically).

You just said that the democrats must be in control of the presidency, the senate, congress, state legislature and courts ie the entire government ie in total control. And it has already been said that such a government needs to be in total control of corporations and the free market and so on. All in all that pretty much sums up total control of everything.

Only if you can consider a social democracy in a parliamentary democracy to be the same. You're being insincere here.

Based on everything I have heard from liberals/democrats they want everything to operate according to their so called progressive idiology.

You mean, the government to operate according to our ideology. Keep in mind that if we end up in a position to do this, it will be because in an election we will have been given a mandate by the voters. A lot of the organizing among progressive Democrats right now is to get people excited to vote so they'll show up at the polls, and to challenge voter suppression efforts. Turnout in this country remains abysmally low compared to other Western democracies, so we'll see if we can get others to turn out.

This is a far cry from the "total control of everything" you mention. Not sure where you got that from.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 5:11 am

The problem is in the methods being used to get votes. And you know what those are as well as I do. Since it relies on propaganda, scare tactics, manipulation, exploitation and subterfuge to take control, it's obviously not likey to be a good system of government.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 8:50 pm

beneficii wrote:
They will use every ounce of their power to stall and obstruct any legislation or other action on climate change. We must take them down, not just in the Presidency and Congress, but also in the state legislatures and the courts. We must continue until they are gone, or they come to their senses.

Oh golly, since you insist that I am one of they/them, by your interpretation, that was a personal attack against me.
I should report it as such eh?

Okay back to the topic.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 1:30 am

EzraS wrote:
Oh golly, since you insist that I am one of they/them, by your interpretation, that was a personal attack against me.

Not first time eh...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 2:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
They will use every ounce of their power to stall and obstruct any legislation or other action on climate change. We must take them down, not just in the Presidency and Congress, but also in the state legislatures and the courts. We must continue until they are gone, or they come to their senses.

Okay back to the topic.

Not first time eh...

That time she was talking about politicians. But according to her complaint post in the mod thead, "they" means "me". When I said they want total control of the government, beneficii reported that as a personal attack against her.
PM me if you need further explanation or discussion.

Now back to the topic.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 7:57 pm

EzraS wrote:

As opposed to what exactly? The "ideology-free" space of neoliberal global capitalism?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 1:07 am

shlaifu wrote:
EzraS wrote:

As opposed to what exactly? The "ideology-free" space of neoliberal global capitalism?

As opposed to the current system.