TYT's Cenk Uygur is running for Congress!

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 4:05 am

Cenk Uygur is now running for Congress, specifically for Katie Hill's former California 25th District seat!

https://www.politico.com/states/califor ... ts-1226847

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 4:23 am

So Cenk will refuse donor money? Not likely.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:26 am

Who's next, PewDiePie?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 6:54 am

EzraS wrote:
Who's next, PewDiePie?

Not likely, but I hear Kanye West is gonna try for President, so clearly we're all living in bizarro World.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 8:18 am

:lol: That piece of s**t.

Never forget this :lol: :lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 9:28 am

JohnPowell wrote:
:lol: That piece of s**t.

Never forget this :lol: :lol:

That show is so cheesy it's painful to watch.

@9:33 is a perfect example of why even as a 12 year old I never mistook TYT for real news program.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 10:49 am

Well, I remember Cenk predicted Trump would win:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... 9-259.html

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 12:29 pm

TYT operate emotionally, so it comes across as goofy and unintelligent.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 4:05 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

I think this is a pretty good critique. Really imo Ana Kasparian is the worst part of it. She's so unprofessional I figured for a long time she must be Cenk Uygur's wife or daughter and that's the only reason she was on the show. That was before Trump and before I paid much attention to politics.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:22 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

This I think touches the heart of the matter. To "rational" young white guys like yourselves, who like to think you're above your emotions, that would seem like a failing. But I disagree.

I think this emotional expression is important, because politics isn't just some horse race, or some abstract thing where no matter what happens you can just go home at the end of the day. Politics has real consequences, and what I like about the Young Turks, is how they prioritize those consequences. They show the impact politics has on real people living their real lives.

I'm guessing that would make people who would prefer to take a more detached approach feel uncomfortable.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:24 pm

With Cenk running for Congress, Ana Kasparian now has full editorial control of the Young Turks. And she asked Cenk some tough questions in her interview with him. The tough questions start at 28:30 on the video:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

beneficii wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

This I think touches the heart of the matter. To "rational" young white guys like yourselves, who like to think you're above your emotions, that would seem like a failing. But I disagree.

I think this emotional expression is important, because politics isn't just some horse race, or some abstract thing where no matter what happens you can just go home at the end of the day. Politics has real consequences, and what I like about the Young Turks, is how they prioritize those consequences. They show the impact politics has on real people living their real lives.

I'm guessing that would make people who would prefer to take a more detached approach feel uncomfortable.

You have me confused with Ezra. :)

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 15 Nov 2019, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
beneficii wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

You have me confused with Ezra.

Sorry.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:31 pm

The young Turks still push the Russiagate hoax even after it has fallen apart. They don't care about real people. Real people care about real issues. These phonies are scum of the earth.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 6:13 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The young Turks still push the Russiagate hoax even after it has fallen apart. They don't care about real people. Real people care about real issues. These phonies are scum of the earth.

Real people care about real issues and have little patience for the conspiracy nonsense you peddle.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 6:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Real people care about real issues and have little patience for the conspiracy nonsense you peddle.

You are half right. No one in the real world cares about conspiracy theories about Russia.