Page 8 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 6:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Of course it implies a blind devotion to a dictator or cult leader. Trump's followers rationalize away that he cheated in every one of his multiple marriages, and deny that he had cheated his employees, contractors, and business partners, and had carried on illicit business with organized crime and our Russian and Saudi enemies. Then there's the whole racism matter that many of his devotees find allows them to voice what they've been thinking all along.
This isn't coming from just angry Democrats, but also those Republicans like Steve Schmidt who know Trump has taken their party into the abyss.

Trump is a much much bigger liar than Obama ever was. PolitiFact, which documents statements made by elected officials and candidates and investigates them for how true they are, documents this. You can find the count and percentage of each type of statement, as well as the statements themselves at these links:

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Obama was I think really just a standard politician when it came to the truth; mostly truthful, but liable to put his own spin on things. Trump, however, represents something entirely different and I think unique in American history. To Trump, facts are whatever you want them to be.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 10:45 am

Schmidt gave the world Sarah Palin which probably made sure McCain lost in landslide. Now he's a paid troll on the non news network MSNBC :lol: He probably should keep his mouth shut.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 10:56 am

I'll trash most anyone if you pay me enough to :twisted:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 12:23 pm

Lol.

Who wrote that quote in your sig? Wasn't you was it? :lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 12:27 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Lol.

Who wrote that quote in your sig? Wasn't you was it? :lol:

Firemonkey. Idk if he wants to go on record for it.

firemonkey wrote:
Bottom line . Ezra is far more intelligent than you , and sees through your crap .

Last edited by EzraS on 28 Nov 2019, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 12:32 pm

Lol ok

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 4:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Schmidt gave the world Sarah Palin which probably made sure McCain lost in landslide. Now he's a paid troll on the non news network MSNBC :lol: He probably should keep his mouth shut.

Pallin , Schmidt admits, was a terrible mistake on his part. He had been all for McCain, and it's ludicrous to imagine that choosing her was a purposeful move to knock McCain out of the running.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 5:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Of course it implies a blind devotion to a dictator or cult leader. Trump's followers rationalize away that he cheated in every one of his multiple marriages, and deny that he had cheated his employees, contractors, and business partners, and had carried on illicit business with organized crime and our Russian and Saudi enemies. Then there's the whole racism matter that many of his devotees find allows them to voice what they've been thinking all along.
This isn't coming from just angry Democrats, but also those Republicans like Steve Schmidt who know Trump has taken their party into the abyss.

Were there any democrat politicians who were against Obama during his time in office? Was Obama accused of being a dictator / cult leader and were his followers accused of worshipping him? I know the answer to those questions is yes.

Only Republicans tried to make Obama out to be a messianic cult leader/dictator, worshiped my millions of the misled. As it turns out, there was zero evidence to support that appraisal as most Americans knew. Whereas with Trump, Republican elected leaders criticize him privately, but would never dream of saying a word against him in public for fear of his fanatical base.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Pallin , Schmidt admits, was a terrible mistake on his part. He had been all for McCain, and it's ludicrous to imagine that choosing her was a purposeful move to knock McCain out of the running.

I didn't. He's just that dumb and corrupt. Supporting McCain is enough to warrant treason. That guy was vermin.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Were there any democrat politicians who were against Obama during his time in office? Was Obama accused of being a dictator / cult leader and were his followers accused of worshipping him? I know the answer to those questions is yes.

Only Republicans tried to make Obama out to be a messianic cult leader/dictator, worshiped my millions of the misled. As it turns out, there was zero evidence to support that appraisal as most Americans knew. Whereas with Trump, Republican elected leaders criticize him privately, but would never dream of saying a word against him in public for fear of his fanatical base.

The point I'm trying to make is there were democrat politicians who were against Obama. And Obama was called a dictator / cult leader and that his supporters were brainwashed and worshiped him and all that.

How would you know that republican elected leaders criticize him privately? Do you ever put aside the fervor of your bias and emotions and view things logically?

If Republican elected leaders criticize him privately, but would never dream of saying a word against him in public for fear of his fanatical base, that means you would not know about it. Which means that's a rumor. There are a lot of rumors and suspicions and innuendo that a lot of democrats view as facts. The same as when republicans viewed rumors, suspicion and innuendo against Obama as facts.

But I know you will split hairs and say that's different.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:51 pm

Buttigieg advocates 1 year mandatory indentured servitude for everyone graduating high school. That's a no vote for me.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
Buttigieg advocates 1 year mandatory indentured servitude for everyone graduating high school. That's a no vote for me.

Are you saying a year for those with any and all types of disability?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 11:18 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:

Oh yeah that sounds really progressive.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 11:27 pm

I'm not a fan of this guy. If he walks like a liberal, talks like a liberal & acts liberal, he's still looking down his nose at basically everybody. There are two ways of getting there, one is being a petulant trust fund baby, the other is called the ivy leagues.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 1:17 am

cberg wrote:
I'm not a fan of this guy. If he walks like a liberal, talks like a liberal & acts liberal, he's still looking down his nose at basically everybody. There are two ways of getting there, one is being a petulant trust fund baby, the other is called the ivy leagues.

Who are you supporting?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 1:43 am

EzraS wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is there were democrat politicians who were against Obama. And Obama was called a dictator / cult leader and that his supporters were brainwashed and worshiped him and all that.

Sound like you are echoing the tweets of the mentally disturbed POTUS who continues posting about Obama 2 years after getting into office.