Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 6:58 pm

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject ... 9670002%2F

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:25 pm

The simplest way to avoid Civil War is for each side to stop telling the other that they need to change. Let people be who they are... respect differences and don't try to foist rejection of, or acceptance of said differences on others. We used to be that way.

It's simple. But apparently, it ain't easy.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:29 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
The simplest way to avoid Civil War is for each side to stop telling the other that they need to change. Let people be who they are... respect differences and don't try to foist rejection of, or acceptance of said differences on others. We used to be that way.

I actually agree with that. But this quote from Helen Cooper to her husband Harry in Night of the Living Dead sums up our problems as a country perfectly.

"That's important, isn't it? For you to be right and everybody else to be wrong."

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:31 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

I actually agree with that. But this quote from Helen Cooper to her husband Harry in Night of the Living Dead sums up our problems as a country perfectly.

"That's important, isn't it? For you to be right and everybody else to be wrong."

Very true ( I love that movie, btw!)

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Very true ( I love that movie, btw!)

Me too! :heart:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:40 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

2 of Murphy's law of warfare reminds you #1 the important things are simple, #2 the simple things are hard.

I think that the fact that too many political groups on both side are too caught up with pride in their own view of things to understand tolerance of different views.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:46 pm

I think the press has ties with big pharma. With all the headline articles on a climate apocalypse, a killer asteroid and a civil war etc, anxiety meds must be selling like hotcakes.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 7:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
I think the press has ties with big pharma. With all the headline articles on a climate apocalypse, a killer asteroid and a civil war etc, anxiety meds must be selling like hotcakes.

I bet booze, cigarettes, crack, and meth are too. :hic:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 8:00 pm

EzraS wrote:

I bet booze, cigarettes, crack, and meth are too. :hic:

There are a couple of dozen different businesses besides big pharma that benefit from the press blowing the idea of a disaster out of proportion. I think the press simply thrives on selling adrenaline pumping stories.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 10:25 pm

EzraS wrote:

...crack, and meth are too. :hic:

Generally speaking cocaine and speed aren't exactly the best things to take if you're already stressed. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

the_real_roxanne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2019, 11:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Generally speaking cocaine and speed aren't exactly the best things to take if you're already stressed. :nerdy:

and you should know :lol: :wink: ?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 8:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Are we talking about stress relief or an alertness aid to help with killing zombies?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 11:02 am

When the next American Civil War comes I wonder which side will kill me first? I can see the invading Democrats slaughtering me just for living in a red state and not actually caring if I support Trump or not because "we're all the same", and I can see the Trump cult executing me as a traitor.

So yeah, I'd be screwed either way in the next civil war. It really sucks being a neutralist caught up in a crossfire during any war. So thanks America! :twisted:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 12:35 pm

EzraS wrote:

You don't know the half of it. Summer of 2017, I had my first anxiety attack. A severe one too. They became regular on a daily or weekly basis. Couldn't look at or think of something negative without having one. Now I have to take anxiety meds. Luckily, refills only cost me a dollar.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 4:04 pm

the_real_roxanne wrote:
and you should know :lol: :wink: ?

With experience comes expertise. ;)

Bravo5150 wrote:
Are we talking about stress relief or an alertness aid to help with killing zombies?

Save the speed for after you've already spent 12-16 hours fighting them and are reaching the point of exhaustion.
Save the blow for after the zombies are dealt with, why waste it if there's no party?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 4:07 pm

I have to wonder which countries out there are secretly (or openly) hoping Americans will slaughter each other and bomb themselves into oblivion over a moron like Trump? :chin: Russian trolls must be having a field day with this...