Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 11:33 am

That could be.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 11:43 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
There’s a divide on this thread between parents and non-parents with non-parents being more forgiving of the parents.  Perhaps it has to do with some of us remembering what it’s like to have a 5 year old and how far out of our way we’d go to ensure that child’s safety.
I cannot count the number of times I intervened for the safety of my children.

I also cannot count the number of times my ex-wife's lack of due diligence resulted in taking at least one of our kids to the emergency room.

:roll: ... and she got custody of the kids ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 11:47 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
There’s a divide on this thread between parents and non-parents with non-parents being more forgiving of the parents.  Perhaps it has to do with some of us remembering what it’s like to have a 5 year old and how far out of our way we’d go to ensure that child’s safety.
I cannot count the number of times I intervened for the safety of my children.

I also cannot count the number of times my ex-wife's lack of due diligence resulted in taking at least one of our kids to the emergency room.

:roll: ... and she got custody of the kids ...

Yikes! That would be so hard to deal with!

And this is why I’m not divorced. He threatened to fight for partial custody if I tried to divorce him even though he’s obviously incapable of childcare and would probably end up hurting him. As it is now, he’s fine with supervised visits.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 8:29 pm

Not exonerating the parents but my daughter when she was 5 would often bolt outside and I would have to search often. Luckily we have no water bodies. A few occaisons when she would take her little kick scooter and just leave. Somehow always managed to find her way home (miraculously).

I could easily have been one of those parents labelled like on this thread so am in no position to judge what the parents did or how they allowed the little boy to run off, it's a lot more tricky to watch a child 24-7 then it looks.