Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 3:32 pm

Rush Limbaugh says he has advanced lung cancer

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh on Monday announced during his nationally syndicated radio show that he had been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

The 69-year-old radio host — considered the most influential in radio among conservatives — added that he will be out for the next several days as he undergoes treatment.

Limbaugh said he was experiencing shortness of breath before seeing doctors who discovered the issue.

“So, I have to tell you something today that I wish I didn’t have to tell you. It’s a struggle for me, because I had to inform my staff earlier today,” he said. “I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down with. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

The host said he hopes to be back on the air Thursday.

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming. I’m sure that you all know by now that I really don’t like talking about myself and I don’t like making things about me," Limbaugh said at the end of his broadcast.

"One thing that I know, that has happened over the 31-plus years of this program is that there has been an incredible bond that had developed between all of you and me," he continued.

Limbaugh also added that his hosting job had given him “greatness satisfaction and happiness."

"Every day I'm not here, I'll be missing you and thinking about you," Limbaugh said as he signed off.

Limbaugh recently signed a long-term contract. The deal was first announced, unofficially, by President Trump at a rally in Miami last month.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 3:39 pm

Poor guy ... I never really liked him or his opinions, but lung cancer is nothing I would wish on anyone.

I hope he recovers completely.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 3:51 pm

I know he smoked when he was younger and I think he still smokes cigars which gives off second hand smoke.My mother died of lung cancer from smoking when she was 49,I'm not real optomistic but lets hope he beats this,but lung cancer is a hard to beat.

Apuleius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2020, 4:02 pm

He lost what remained of my respect for him with his comments about GT, but I do hope he beats this cancer.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 4:17 pm

Mr. Limbaugh may in fact be one of us. I hope he can either recover good health or die a good death; though I'm not a fan of his radio show he has made his way into broadcast history and anyone who likes AM radio should thank him for keeping the format alive.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 4:21 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Mr. Limbaugh may in fact be one of us. I hope he can either recover good health or die a good death; though I'm not a fan of his radio show he has made his way into broadcast history and anyone who likes AM radio should thank him for keeping the format alive.

What makes you link Rush and autism?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 4:29 pm

I wondered about it because he seems to have kind of a weird sense of humor, and a tendency to be blustering & loud. Cigar smoking was a fairly niche hobby when he reintroduced it (or so I heard) and he also reminds me of the way autistic folks think because of his tendency to associate a lot of things...I think it's called hyperassociation? Interesting stuff. Just a hunch of mine.
And it does seem odd. Autistic people on this particular website tend to have the same political views, it seems, and a majority of the same personalities. But this is a fairly homogenous echo chamber, I think, and doesn't reflect the real world very well. I used to rather enjoy his radio show but the more I studied medieval logic the less his arguments made sense, and I also used to think ADHD was made-up, so it's possible for autistic people to sound like the typical NT stuff.

Anyhow, it's not fun to hear about people dealing with advanced cancer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 2:23 am

As much as I despise Limbaugh, I know that death by cancer is a hard way to go, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:59 am

Cigar smoke is more “first-hand” smoke than cigarette smoke.

I wish Limbaugh luck in his recovery.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 12:25 pm

Though I am not a fan of Limbaugh (though I did like his appearances on Family Guy), I hope he recovers.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 3:22 pm

I think his Family Guy appearances just go to show he has a healthy sense of humor--the "Republican Town" number comes to mind. Lot better sense of humor than some of what shows up on Wrong Planet, for sure.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 3:42 pm

Borromeo wrote:
I think his Family Guy appearances just go to show he has a healthy sense of humor--the "Republican Town" number comes to mind. Lot better sense of humor than some of what shows up on Wrong Planet, for sure.

He was also on one of the Star Wars episodes.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:10 pm

Limbaugh has an excellent sense of humor. He's an amiable guy.

His politics suck, though.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 7:26 pm

Does the public have a "right to know" what caused his lung cancer?
Isn't that the sort of issue he would bring up if another public figure were involved?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:31 pm

People who never smoked have gotten lung cancer. The lungs can develop cancer for no discernible reason just like the brain, liver, stomach, pancreas, colon, kidneys, badder etc.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:35 pm

Interesting. Cancer is pretty easy to get, actually. Cigars and cigarettes sure don't help, though.