Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:51 pm

Rep. Jerry Nadler Says House Will Likely Subpoena John Bolton

Quote:
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., says the House expects to continue its investigations into President Trump's conduct, even after Wednesday's expected acquittal of Trump in the Senate impeachment trial.

Speaking with reporters, Nadler says the House "will likely" subpoena former national security adviser John Bolton. Bolton had said he would comply with a Senate subpoena during the impeachment trial, but the Senate voted against calling witnesses. According to published reports, Bolton, in a book manuscript, describes being told by the president that he was withholding aid to Ukraine until the Ukrainian government began an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

Nadler did not have a timeline for when Bolton would be subpoenaed but noted that a subpoena could come from the Judiciary or other investigative committees.

Nadler, asked if he was concerned about possible political repercussions of a continuing investigation, said: "First of all, I think when you have a lawless president, you have to bring that to the fore and you have to spotlight that."

I guess “If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again”.
There is also “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

With the way then Democratic nomination process has started this may be the only way to keep their partisans engaged.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:25 pm

Not the least bit surprising.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:41 pm

I think the Democratic party is in a quandary. I agree that being perpetually focused at removing Trump from office as they pledged to do even before he was inaugurated and at every point since appeals to their hyper-partisan base, I think it equally repels the traditional Democrats. By "traditional" democrats, I mean Americans that are older and have been democrats for their lifetimes and have lived through many presidential administrations both Democrat and Republican. Older Americans regardless of political persuasion were taught that even if you didn't vote for a president, even if you don't agree with a president you're still American and the president is the president of the United States of America, all of it.

I think there very possibly could be a percentage of traditional democrats that could even vote for Trump because of the "Get Trump" goal that started before he was even president.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:52 pm

those turncoats are not real democrats IMHO. they are merely creatures of habit at the whim of the winds. and the orange is NOT my president. he is a pretender with a mob defending him. that is all he is.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 2:16 pm

What would be the point now of a Senate subpoena? Trump has now been acquitted.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 2:55 pm

Magna wrote:
Older Americans regardless of political persuasion were taught that even if you didn't vote for a president, even if you don't agree with a president you're still American and the president is the president of the United States of America, all of it.

As much as Pelosi obviously hates Trump she demonstrated that attitude today by saying she prays very hard for him

Ok boomer time here but I remember Nixon being a very hated. They called him "Nazi", "war criminal" as well as a bunch of stuff of a personal nature. I don't remember anybody saying "Not my President". Every Jewish New Year they say a prayer for the congregation, state of Israel and government officials. I never thought of it as wrong even though I certainly have dispised a bunch of them. Even when Trump was elected I hoped I was very very very wrong about him. Us old people are right about this one. It is not about hating the person but self and group interest. If the president is not a deplorable but actually decent it is better for the country as a whole.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman