Escaped mental patient wanted to assassinate Trump

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 1:39 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
He wasn't apparently to threatening to the secret service that's for.My personal guess is that he stole a knife from a Walmart or something.
Hopefully more will come out on this story.

Obviously he wasn't that threatening, otherwise the secret service would have likely shot him.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 2:53 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
He wasn't apparently to threatening to the secret service that's for.My personal guess is that he stole a knife from a Walmart or something.

Obviously he wasn't that threatening, otherwise the secret service would have likely shot him.
I think they have snipers on top of the white house too.His mental health issues must have been really obvious to the secret service.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 4:33 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I think they have snipers on top of the white house too.His mental health issues must have been really obvious to the secret service.

I wouldn't be surprised about snipers on the roof. Some civilian companies in DC probably have better security than some courthouses that I have seen. I would be surprised if a DC Walmart carried a full line of weapons the way many stores do in places known for hunting retreats. I can explain having a need for a large hunting knife a lot easier in a rural area known for hunting than I can in close proximity to a bunch of secured areas like there are in DC.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 7:31 pm

Go Florida man go!

Best “Florida man,” article in ages!

Be Best, Florida man! 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 7:47 pm

I don't feel anybody should be a target of assassination---no matter who it is.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 1:15 am

In April, 2017, President Trump was enraged after the Syrian President, Bashar al-Assad, used chemical weapons, outlawed by international treaty, against his own people, including children. Crude videos transmitted on cell phones from the town of Khan Sheikhoun, showing the injured and dying—as they gasped for breath, writhed in spasms, or foamed at the mouth—were gruesome. The United States responded by firing Tomahawk missiles at the airbase used by the Syrian warplanes that dropped the toxic bombs. But the President wanted to do more. “Let’s f*****g kill him!” Trump said, according to Bob Woodward’s dramatic account in his new book, “Fear: Trump in the White House.” “Let’s go in,” Trump urged. “Let’s kill the f*****g lot of them.”
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... inate-them

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 1:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't feel anybody should be a target of assassination---no matter who it is.

Neither do I.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 5:34 am

I would assume that this kinda crazy happens all of the time. Hardly newsworthy.

In 1994 some idiot stole a Cessna !50 private plane, and landed it on the White House lawn.

That was in the Clinton (late pre 9-11)era before they got fanatical about policing air space around Washington.

(Just now learned that the above incident happened on ...Sept. 11, exactly seven years to the day before ...).

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 4:02 pm

Quote:
Roger Hedgpeth, 25, approached a US Secret Service police officer on patrol and said, “I am here to assassinate President Donald Trump,”

...I think I see a few subtle flaws in this plan...

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 7:32 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Quote:
Roger Hedgpeth, 25, approached a US Secret Service police officer on patrol and said, “I am here to assassinate President Donald Trump,”

...I think I see a few subtle flaws in this plan...

Thanks W87. I was waiting for that observation from some astute WP member like yourself!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 8:23 pm

Obviously, a person truly intent on assassinating Donald Trump wouldn't just go up to a Secret Service agent and announce his/her plans.

Then again.....it might be difficult for anybody to tell who is a Secret Service agent, anyway, unless a person befriends one.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 12:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Obviously, a person truly intent on assassinating Donald Trump wouldn't just go up to a Secret Service agent and announce his/her plans.

Then again.....it might be difficult for anybody to tell who is a Secret Service agent, anyway, unless a person befriends one.
I don't think this guy really knew what he was doing likely in the the middle of a phychotic break.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 1:14 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I would assume that this kinda crazy happens all of the time. Hardly newsworthy.

Quite frankly if a rationale person wanted to assassinate trump it would hardly be newsworthy either (hence my joke the police officer would ask him to take a ticket and wait in line).

If I recall nobody seemed particularly concerned that Obama had more than 30 attempts on his life every day
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... rvice.html

To me that's more of a lingering concern why the US is crawling with rabid racists than whether one nutter presenting himself to be arrested over Trump

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:01 am

The US is not “crawling with rabid racists.”

Where do you get your info?

I find you should visit the US and meet up with actual Americans.

Your views on Americans are really skewed, and borne out of too much reliance on articles and research studies, and not enough actual contact with people.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:09 am

cyberdad wrote:

To me that's more of a lingering concern why the US is crawling with rabid racists than whether one nutter presenting himself to be arrested over Trump

Australia doesn't exactly have the greatest record with the Aboriginals but I must admitt "crawling with rabid racists" is creative.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:20 am

I can not read that article because it has a blocking pop up saying I have to join.

However looking up info on The Telegraph aka The Daily Telegraph I see it being rated as right leaning. Media bias fact check has it at far right leaning.

So based on those two things I find myself wondering as usual if cyberdad actually read the article or if he just grabbed a headline.