Right Wing Terrorist Attack In Hesse

Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 7:59 am

Lely wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
This is a thread about a right wing terrorist. A member who lives in Germany pointed out that Muslim terrorists attack frequently, but the media hides it

That german forum member gave a link on page 1 to undermine his argument of frequent attacks by muslims. I just had a look at the link.
Firstly, the link is dumb. The link leads to some website named sputnik. I looked it up on Wikipedia. It's a Russian news agency. This agency has already spread fake news in the past concerning migrant crimes. For example they made up a rape case of a Russian girl who they said was raped by migrants in Berlin. It's putting out politically motivated fake news and propaganda that has also been used to fuel the beliefs of right wing extremists.
Secondly, the listed crimes on that site are not terrorist attacks or murder. They're sexual molestation, sexual assault, rape, muggings, robberies. Apparently their numbers peak near refugee camps. It's not about frequent terrorist attacks by muslims. If a muslim shoots up a dozen of Germans it will certainly not go unreported. I also have memories of hearing about rape cases on the news, it's not like it's hidden or denied.

I don't have a dog in the fight. And not all Muslims are brown. Honestly, I'm just glad I don't live in Europe. I don't care what color you are, if you respect everyone's beliefs, space, etc... you're my kind of people. It's only when anyone of any color comes to a new place and expects others to accommodate them, myself included.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 8:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Turner Diaries have been described as being “The Bible of the Radical Right.”

Not even Rush Limbaugh is “radical right.”

Never heard of them

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2020, 8:02 am

Hahaha. Did he say the driver was a muslim and therefore the media has supposedly already stopped reporting on the case? I think you only want to believe he said that. However if that were his true statement then of course I'm opposing it. And in that case you should better go check some other sources too.

Edit: I just had a look at the previous pages. It was the only post of him I found about the Volksmarsen attack. You're totally making it up.
:lol:

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2020, 8:16 am

Persephone29 wrote:

I don't have a dog in the fight. And not all Muslims are brown. Honestly, I'm just glad I don't live in Europe. I don't care what color you are, if you respect everyone's beliefs, space, etc... you're my kind of people. It's only when anyone of any color comes to a new place and expects others to accommodate them, myself included.

I don't even know how the bolded part even relates to the discussion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 8:59 am

The Turner Diaries is a novel by William Luther Pierce. Most of the action is depicted in the diary of the main character.

The events that are depicted are contained within a race war, which produces apocalyptic conditions within the United States.

Some radical rightists believe that this sort of race war is inevitable. They sometimes carry a copy of this novel with them.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 2:16 pm

Lely wrote:
Hahaha. Did he say the driver was a muslim and therefore the media has supposedly already stopped reporting on the case? I think you only want to believe he said that. However if that were his true statement then of course I'm opposing it. And in that case you should better go check some other sources too.

Edit: I just had a look at the previous pages. It was the only post of him I found about the Volksmarsen attack. You're totally making it up.

He made the connection that attacks carried out by non-whites are very often buried, in general.

You remind me of salad.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 2:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Turner Diaries is a novel by William Luther Pierce. Most of the action is depicted in the diary of the main character.

The events that are depicted are contained within a race war, which produces apocalyptic conditions within the United States.

Some radical rightists believe that this sort of race war is inevitable. They sometimes carry a copy of this novel with them.

Wow, I never knew that. I could like a Zombie Apocalypse or post apocalyptic survival novel, but not because of race.

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2020, 3:23 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Lely wrote:

He made the connection that attacks carried out by non-whites are very often buried, in general.

You remind me of salad.

You got some facts confused here, like drawing a connection between the dubious propaganda link on page 1 and the crime that was committed on carnival. The latter has nothing to do with crimes committed by muslims being covered up. It wasn't a crime by a muslim. Nobody has even claimed it to be that on this thread or anywhere, besides you.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 6:32 pm

Lely wrote:
It wasn't a crime by a muslim. Nobody has even claimed it to be that on this thread or anywhere, besides you.

Until now there is nothing about him in the media. Whether the as*hole was a radical one or just nuts is still unclear. We shouldn't make any asumptions about it here. I didn't found any picture of him in the media until now but you can't tell anything about the religion or political believes of somebody by just looking at a picture of him.

Because of the Einzelfall-Map - I just remembered the page because I had a look at it long ago. Some people created it after the poltical propaganda in the media told that criminal migrants are a really rare unique case (In German 'Einzelfall'). For this I did search for this page. The Sputnik page was the first webpage with something about it that I found. It's indeed a Russian propaganda page but because of this their are at least independent of the political influences that happen on the media here which are doing a lot of political propaganda as well.
But if you doubt may be that you still remember this happening ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%8 ... in_Germany ) what has been enough in the media after they couldn't deny it any more as they did first.

Last edited by quite an extreme on 26 Feb 2020, 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 6:36 pm

No political motive behind carnival incident: Germany's FAZ

Quote:
German authorities are ruling out that the man who plowed a car into a carnival parade on Monday, injuring some 60 people including children, was driven by a political or ideological motive, Germany's Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported on Wednesday.

A spokesman for prosecutors said they were still investigating all possibilities.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 7:20 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
Lely wrote:
It wasn't a crime by a muslim. Nobody has even claimed it to be that on this thread or anywhere, besides you.

Until now there is nothing about him in the media. Whether the as*hole was a radical one or just nuts is still unclear. We shouldn't make any asumptions about it here. I didn't found any picture of him in the media until now but you can't tell anything about the religion or political believes of somebody by just looking at a picture of him. I already met Germans who became muslims and Iranic people who came to Germany to get rid of the whole islam.

Because of the Einzelfall-Map - I just remembered the page because I had a look at it long ago. Some people created it after the poltical propaganda in the media told that criminal migrants are a really rare unique case (In German 'Einzelfall'). For this I did search for this page. The Sputnik page was the first webpage with something about it that I found. It's indeed a Russian propaganda page but because of this their are at least independent of the political influences that happen on the media here which are doing a lot of political propaganda as well.
But if you doubt may be that you still remember this happening ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%8 ... in_Germany ) what has been enough in the media after they couldn't deny it any more as they did first.

I can be prone to making assumptions.

One of my personal pet peeves is favoring one group over another. I don't personally care for favor, but disfavor everyone please. It sticks in my craw to watch publicized vigils for one group, but not for another. When that happens, when the media publicizes dramatic gatherings for one set of people, but I hear nothing about 60 people who get plowed into, I draw conclusions. Regardless of whether or not you die, getting run over at a parade is pretty life altering. I'm sure victims will feel the effects of this for the rest of their lives. But, nothing. The only report is, "it's not politically motivated?" Great, I'm sure the victims are very comforted.

If there's no shame in why one criminal is worse than another, isn't there at least a little shame in one group in a club getting a gathering that's broadcast around the world and one group celebrating an upcoming holiday in a family setting, whose media focus is "it wasn't political?" Sorry, that tends to make me suspicious. Same with the rapes... I guess maybe it's poor form to have a #metoo movement for victims of sexual assault committed by refugees.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2020, 1:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Turner Diaries have been described as being “The Bible of the Radical Right.”

Not even Rush Limbaugh is “radical right.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... sm/500039/