Right Wing Terrorist Attack In Hesse

Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2020, 5:52 am

Persephone29 wrote:
News flash: the people always know. When you try and hide things from them they still know, only now they know you value their lives less than you do the strangers in their homeland. That never works out well. Defend everyone, not just the Muslims and you'll have less of these unhinged white dudes.

If german people want to stop muslim immigration then there's the ballot box rather than bullets

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2020, 5:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
News flash: the people always know. When you try and hide things from them they still know, only now they know you value their lives less than you do the strangers in their homeland. That never works out well. Defend everyone, not just the Muslims and you'll have less of these unhinged white dudes.

If german people want to stop muslim immigration then there's the ballot box rather than bullets

If you're sane. If you're not sane a ballot box might take too long.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2020, 10:33 am

cyberdad wrote:

That is what happens too. The right wing is growing fast. In the last election in Thüringen the AfD got more then twice as many seats in the government. 10.6% of votes in 2014 became in 23.4% in 2019 now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Thur ... e_election
That's about one out of four votes despite of the whole bashing of the AfD that happens within the media here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2020, 5:48 pm

What explanations are there for their rise?

In the US the rise of the popularity of the right wing was attributed to propoganda to the unemployed whites during the Obama years giving rise to populist far right groups like the tea party and subsequently the proud boys and alt-right.

In Germany I imagine it's Angela Merkel's liberal immigration policies that are spurring similar growth?

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2020, 7:50 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
Only if the right wing is involved in crimes the media do report about it just because of political reasons. But the political right wing in Germany increases dangerously fast now. :(

Are the authorities doing anything about this or is it out of their control?

I think they missed their window. The time to have done something about it was back when it kept happening and the media refused to allow it to be reported.

As I have said in other threads, when migrants keep committing crimes and the media keeps hiding it or refusing to call it what it is, average everyday people get sick of it and go nuts. They are tired of being victimized, so Europe can seem progressive. They have had millions of people dumped on top of their heads that don't have any intention of assimilating. So they are fighting back in similarly radical ways because maintaining their composure has done no good.

When I read your comment, I thought "he's completely ignored everything except the one sentence he liked." I guess I could be wrong, but what I got from the person above you was that it's been happening a lot by Muslims, but the media only reports it to the public when it's a white dude who's finally snapped.

In Britain, Ethnic rape gangs were allowed to continue unreported because the police didn't want to exacerbate multi-cultural tensions.

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2020, 7:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
So they are fighting back in similarly radical ways because maintaining their composure has done no good..

In what universe is killing innocent people justified?

Ask the terrorists.
64 virgins have something to do with it, I believe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2020, 8:07 pm

Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
So they are fighting back in similarly radical ways because maintaining their composure has done no good..

Ask the terrorists.

ummm the terrorist in this story was ethnic German and his victims weren't

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2020, 3:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Ask the terrorists.

I have an aversion to using the word "Muslim" due to my concern about the far left shouting out "racist".
You have forced my hand. I will go back to my original draft: Ask the Muslim terrorists.
Some would have understood the implied qualifier. You are just interested in point scoring.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 3:50 am

Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Ask the terrorists.

I have an aversion to using the word "Muslim" due to my concern about the far left shouting out "racist".
You have forced my hand. I will go back to my original draft: Ask the Muslim terrorists.
Some would have understood the implied qualifier. You are just interested in point scoring.

I'm sorry but this thread is about right wing terrorism in Germany and you are shifting it to be about muslim terrorism. In another thread you talked about politicians following a standard operating format, it would seem you likewise do the same.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 2:11 pm

Shabrem wrote:

How will the Muslim terrorists provide us with insight into what motivates the far-right terrorist you're too chickenshit to call a terrorist?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2020, 5:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Ask the terrorists.

I'm sorry but this thread is about right wing terrorism in Germany and you are shifting it to be about muslim terrorism.

You missed the point of my post which is the following:
Why is the alt.right becoming so militant?

Quote:
In another thread you talked about politicians following a standard operating format, it would seem you likewise do the same.

Your comment here makes no sense to me.
Please elaborate.

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2020, 5:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Shabrem wrote:

How will the Muslim terrorists provide us with insight into what motivates the far-right terrorist you're too chickenshit to call a terrorist?

I take it you are a progressive.
May I ask why you need to be insulting by calling someone "chickenshit"?

The far right here were terrorists, by my definition. I never said they weren't. You are jumping to conclusions that I am "chickenshit" in calling it out for what it is. Plainly, it is self evident.

Last edited by Shabrem on 23 Feb 2020, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:48 pm

Shabrem wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Shabrem wrote:

I didn't call someone a chickenshit. I called you a chickenshit.
Prove me wrong or keep proving me right.

Blaming Muslims or even Islamic terror for the actions of this terrorist removes his personal responsibility. You've so far demonstrated you're unwilling to call this terrorist a terrorist; if you don't have enough of a spine to condemn this terrorist because you sympathize with his motives you can at least be brave enough to either condemn his actions or to concede that you support terrorist attacks of this sort.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2020, 6:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Shabrem wrote:

I didn't call someone a chickenshit. I called you a chickenshit.
Prove me wrong or keep proving me right.

Firstly, I am someone.
Secondly, personal attacks are prohibited here on WP.

funeralxempire wrote:
Blaming Muslims or even Islamic terror for the actions of this terrorist removes his personal responsibility.

Firstly, your implication seems to be I am blaming someone or a group. I am not blaming anyone here. I am considering the motives and implicitly suggesting further investigation. This is a discussion situation, after all. You are jumping to conclusions.

funeralxempire wrote:
You've so far demonstrated you're unwilling to call this terrorist a terrorist; if you don't have enough of a spine to condemn this terrorist because you sympathize with his motives you can at least be brave enough to either condemn his actions or to concede that you support terrorist attacks of this sort.

I explained this in my previous post through an edit but you posted before I could submit it.
I am not unwilling to call the person a terrorist. Of course he is. You are boxing at shadows.
Your conclusion that I was a "chickenshit spineless" individual is clearly wrong. You do have a propensity for allowing your emotions get the better of you and you do jump to conclusions as a result.
You also seem to project your mindset onto others. To suggest all people think in binary terms is something you might like to reconsider.
An apology would be appropriate, but I won't hold my breath.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:25 pm

I'm projecting, says the poster who's pretending to psychoanalyze me based off of a couple of posts?

An apology would not be appropriate, I've said nothing that would warrant one. I won't apologize for calling a spade a spade.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 7:57 pm

This is a thread about a right wing terrorist. A member who lives in Germany pointed out that Muslim terrorists attack frequently, but the media hides it. It is reasonable to deduce the media hides it to avoid retaliatory attacks on non-extremists Muslims. But they do not do the same to protect non-extremist whites. Why?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.