Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 48 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 70  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 12:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
QFT wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The challenging question everyone should be asking is if the man was white, would she still call the cops on him and report a white male jogger harassing her and has tried to assault her.

Thank you. That is precisely my point. I feel like what happened was not about white versus black but rather female versus male.

If we find evidence she's done this to other men of other backgrounds you might have a point. Until then, probably not.

I think women in general can easily feel threatened by men in general. I am white but I noticed women cross the street when I walk.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 12:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The challenging question everyone should be asking is if the man was white, would she still call the cops on him and report a white male jogger harassing her and has tried to assault her.

Has she ever done so? So far she only seems to call the police on black men who haven't done what she's claimed they've done.

The point of my question is to challenge people of their implicit bias and of their own implicit racism. Sometimes us humans are not aware of our own biases unless they're challenged. We do lot of things we are not aware of until they're challenged. Like I realized many of us apply gender roles in daily life without realizing it and it's been trans people and feminists that have challenged it. If you auto assume someone is female because they are a nurse, that is you applying a gender role to someone. We have implicit gender bias as well.

When I hear about a kid being expelled from school for aggression, my first thought is "was the kid black?"

Now am I being racist here for wondering that or is it because I have become aware of implicit bias people have and because I have read about black kids being expelled more than white kids. If it's the second option, not racist. Before then, I never assumed skin color but I would be confused about why everyone would be calling it racism. That was my white privilege there.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 12:52 pm

League_Girl wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Has she ever done so? So far she only seems to call the police on black men who haven't done what she's claimed they've done.

The point of my question is to challenge people of their implicit bias and of their own implicit racism. Sometimes us humans are not aware of our own biases unless they're challenged. We do lot of things we are not aware of until they're challenged. Like I realized many of us apply gender roles in daily life without realizing it and it's been trans people and feminists that have challenged it. If you auto assume someone is female because they are a nurse, that is you applying a gender role to someone. We have implicit gender bias as well.

When I hear about a kid being expelled from school for aggression, my first thought is "was the kid black?"

Now am I being racist here for wondering that or is it because I have become aware of implicit bias people have and because I have read about black kids being expelled more than white kids. If it's the second option, not racist. Before then, I never assumed skin color but I would be confused about why everyone would be calling it racism. That was my white privilege there.

I get your point, I'm merely underlining it.

QFT wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
QFT wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Thank you. That is precisely my point. I feel like what happened was not about white versus black but rather female versus male.

If we find evidence she's done this to other men of other backgrounds you might have a point. Until then, probably not.

I think women in general can easily feel threatened by men in general. I am white but I noticed women cross the street when I walk.

You're not incorrect but you're still missing the point. If this was a reaction to 'feeling threatened by a male presence' one would expect that she wouldn't exclusively target black men.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 1:08 pm

From the article ASPartofMe linked:

Quote:
The defendant twice reported that an African American man was putting her in danger, first by stating that he was threatening her and her dog, then in a second call indicating that he tried to assault her in the Ramble area of the park,”

Quote:
when police arrived, Cooper admitted that the birdwatcher, Christian Cooper (no relation), had not tried to assault her.

So she lied as we already knew. What will the deniers say now? :chin:

Quote:
The incident led to Gov. Andrew Cuomo signing into a law a state Senate bill that imposes a civil penalty for calling the cops on a black person, or any other member of a “protected class,” when there’s no reason to believe a crime has been committed.

Good. I also wonder why protected class is in quotes as if they don't really agree but yet decided to make a law about it anyway, hmmmmm. :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:45 pm

Yes its probably relevant that the law enacted by mayor Cuomo about filing a false police report with intention to cause harm carries a maximum sentence of a year in jail.

Luckily for her Christian Cooper has been extremely forgiving and was willing to negotiate through his lawyers and her lawyers that she do a plea deal and not serve time provided she attend a rehab program to address her bias.

Those people claiming Christian Cooper threatened her are ignored the fact she was the one who admitted to the police that she lied and now the second phone call to 911 seals her guilt.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:

She never said he assaulted her.

She said he threatened her, which he did.

He said, "I am going to do something that you won't like".

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 6:28 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Read the article....she told the police she lied about him threatening her....it's on the record

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 6:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Read the article....she told the police she lied about him threatening her....it's on the record

That's not what the article says.

He made the threat, and followed through on it, by using dog bones to lure her dog away.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 6:47 pm

In relation the second call

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/nyre ... harge.html

Ms. Cooper made a later call to 911, which was not shown in the video. In that call, Ms. Cooper told the dispatcher that Mr. Cooper had tried to assault her, according to a criminal complaint.

When the police arrived, however, Ms. Cooper told an officer that her reports were untrue, and that Mr. Cooper had not touched or assaulted her, the complaint said.

Its an open and shut case based on the new laws. The only reason she isn't in jail is because Christian Cooper is not seeking to have her punished.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 6:57 pm

Rather he threatened her or not is irrelevant, she LIED and admitted it.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 7:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
In relation the second call

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/nyre ... harge.html

Ms. Cooper made a later call to 911, which was not shown in the video. In that call, Ms. Cooper told the dispatcher that Mr. Cooper had tried to assault her, according to a criminal complaint.

When the police arrived, however, Ms. Cooper told an officer that her reports were untrue, and that Mr. Cooper had not touched or assaulted her, the complaint said.

Its an open and shut case based on the new laws. The only reason she isn't in jail is because Christian Cooper is not seeking to have her punished.

There is no proof she lied.

She reported he tried to assault her.

Later, to police, she reports that he didn't succeed.

1. A strange man approaches you in a park
2. Starts videotaping you
3 Makes a creepy threat of "You won't like what I will do".
4. It's reasonable she felt his actions were potentially, physically threatening and that he was trying to assault her.

What he *tried to do* is interpretation.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 7:27 pm

Look at the words of this man ...

ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
HER: What’s that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won’t come to you.
ME: We’ll see about that…
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fr ... tion-case/

He threatens to do harm to her dog.

This means a fight is coming.

She is going to have fight this man to save her dog.

He's raising the fear, the tension.

He's escalating not de-escalating the situation.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 7:57 pm

So she lied about lying?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 8:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
So she lied about lying?

The article does not quote her.

So there is no proof she lied.

The biased source author is saying she lied.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 8:06 pm

those "interpretations" are just stinking legalisms. :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 8:25 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
So she lied about lying?

The article does not quote her.

So there is no proof she lied.

The biased source author is saying she lied.

The article quoted the police report....end of story