Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 50 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 70  Next

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 3:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
2. The Manhatten district attorney released a statement In a previously unreported second phone call, Ms. Cooper repeated the accusation and added that the man “tried to assault her.” When responding officers arrived, Ms. Cooper admitted that the male had not “tried to assault” or come into contact with her.
https://www.manhattanda.org/d-a-vance-a ... tral-park/

I am not sure why keep insisting this is left wing propaganda? why would a district attorney lie about a police report that could be easily subpoenaed?

You're asking me why police/prosecutors would lie?

The first prosecutor of the Ahmaud Arbery case said his killing was justified based on the facts.

Even if they don't outright lie, they can make facts fit their objective.

You need to look at the situation.

When someone is making a 911 call, they're in a distressed state. They may say things that they *feel*, but are not accurate.

It's probably common for people to make mistakes in 911 calls in guessing the intentions of others.

At the time of the call, she may have felt he was *trying to assault her*, however, later, she told police that he was not successful.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 11:28 pm

The issue on trial is not Ms Cooper's intention but the act of making a false report. She has to face to the consequences whether it be a rehab program or a stint in jail.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 11:44 pm

seems here that the posters here can't even agree that she knowingly filed a false police report.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 11:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The issue on trial is not Ms Cooper's intention but the act of making a false report. She has to face to the consequences whether it be a rehab program or a stint in jail.

Do you see the problem of using the prosecutor's interpretation of events?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 12:04 am

It's just as I said ...

She reported to 911 "he tried to assault me".
She reported to police he didn't succeed.

"While it was already known that Amy Cooper called 911 on Christian Cooper in the May incident, the DA's office said Wednesday there was a second call, not previously reported, in which Amy Cooper again claimed Christian Cooper threatened her and also told dispatchers that he "tried to assault her."

"When police arrived, she admitted there had been no assault and the man did not "come into contact with her," prosecutors said"
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/w ... s/2667375/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 12:14 am

she still told the police a falsehood twice before coming clean.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 12:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
seems here that the posters here can't even agree that she knowingly filed a false police report.

Only reason why this keeps going is because we keep feeding the deniers. I'm done feeding TheRobotLives.

It will be very interesting to see what the deniers say if Amy did upload a video of her confessing. Will they come up with another excuse or go crickets or admit they were wrong and this is the evidence they needed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 12:45 am

that type never admits being wrong.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 12:48 am

auntblabby wrote:

Yes and last time I checked 1 + 1 = 2 false reports

She broke Cuomo's laws and now has to face the music

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 1:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes and last time I checked 1 + 1 = 2 false reports

She broke Cuomo's laws and now has to face the music

i just don't get why people defend her, i mean what dog do they have in that fight?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 1:17 am

Her lawyer said he's defending Amy, because his nephew is autistic, and emotionally vulnerable.

He doesn't think it's OK to destroy and publicly shame a person like this, because they have emotional / communication / self-control difficulties.

He thinks this could be used on autistic people.

Time: 40:11

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 1:22 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
Her lawyer said he's defending Amy, because his nephew is autistic, and emotionally vulnerable.

He doesn't think it's OK to destroy and publicly shame a person like this, because they have emotional / communication / self-control difficulties.

I have seen this video before and I think it's an attempt to sway the court to be more sympathetic to Amy Cooper (who is not autistic) than any real concern over autism.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 1:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

I have seen this video before and I think it's an attempt to sway the court to be more sympathetic to Amy Cooper (who is not autistic) than any real concern over autism.

In the video, it does seem like she is not able to emotionally handle the confrontation.

Especially, following his threat.

She screams at him, "STAY AWAY FROM MY DOG".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 2:01 am

But them wouldn't she self-disclose already? having autism would probably be enough to have the whole thing thrown out of court.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 2:10 am

for somebody who has to "pass" for NT in her professional world, that might be a big ask. i tend towards believing that her shyster is grabbing onto anything that will excuse his client, whether or not it is true.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 2:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
But them wouldn't she self-disclose already? having autism would probably be enough to have the whole thing thrown out of court.

Was he "mansplaining"?

What Happens To Your Body When Someone Mansplains
https://www.bustle.com/articles/188799- ... ins-to-you

"Mansplaining can trigger feelings of annoyance and frustration that slowly build over time"