Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 10:39 pm

Quote:
China accuses Dutton of being US ‘parrot’ over virus comments

COVID-19: Relations between Australia and China have reached a fragile state while American distrust of China has reached new highs in the wake of the...

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 11:20 pm

Quote:
China critical of Australia's call for COVID-19 probe
By AAP
12:13pm Apr 23, 2020

Australia's call for an international probe into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic has drawn sharp criticism from China, accusing Scott Morrison's government of taking instructions from the US.
Australia sought support for an investigation into the pandemic outbreak, including the response of the World Health Organisation (WHO), in calls with US President Donald Trump and major powers.
But France, Britain and the European Union warned now was the time to fight the virus and not apportion blame.

PM Morrison said on Twitter he had "a very constructive discussion" with Mr Trump on the two nation's responses to COVID-19 and the need to get economies up and running.
"We also talked about the WHO & working together to improve the transparency & effectiveness of the international responses to pandemics," he tweeted.
Senior Australian lawmakers have also questioned Beijing's transparency over the pandemic.
But late on Tuesday, China's embassy in Canberra accused Australian lawmakers of acting as the mouthpiece of Mr Trump insisting 'they are keen to parrot what those Americans have asserted and simply follow them in staging political attacks on China".

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavi ... f44163eba6

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 11:25 pm

Countries that do not want to put blame on China where it rightly belongs, hesitate because they need the PPE that is produced in China.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 11:35 pm

Noca wrote:
Countries that do not want to put blame on China where it rightly belongs, hesitate because they need the PPE that is produced in China.

A lot of countries will be making their own, so they don't have to depend on china.
Australia has increased mask production, using the military to help, and no doubt will improve self-reliance in many other areas.

There has been talk about diversifying away from china, generally.
India and Indonesia are of particular interest.

And one more thing,

Eurythmic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2020, 1:14 am

Australia has prostrated itself to China for so long because it's a source of:

- Cheap short lifespan disposable crap, made in bulk in a sweatshop by someone earning 50 cents per hour. Including shipping cost is about one tenth of what it would cost to make in Australia with current minimum wage. As always the almighty dollar wins at the expense of durability and longevity, the environment be damned.

- A huge source of income for Universities in Australia who spend a lot of time and money pandering to Asian students. Walk around the CBD of Melbourne or Sydney and you'd swear you were in Asia.

- I suspect the Aus government knows we do do jack all to generate/produce stuff in Australia, long term this is unsustainable. To bring the dollars in we've been very reliant on exporting steel to China and livestock to the middle east. Meanwhile we're busy "selling the farm" to the Chinese, the amount of Australian land and businesses we've sold to them shows that we're progressively turning into China.

Hardly surprising though. China has allowed itself to get massively overpopulated, last I heard there was about 1.3 billion people there. Do they have issues understanding how contraception works? It's not rocket science. Is there any wonder the place is so polluted? Can't drink the tap water? No wonder they are looking for new lands to be able to take over with their reckless wanton rampant breeding.
It's time Australia lifts it's game and puts a stop to this nonsense.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2020, 1:43 am

Dictators who feel their control slipping away often stoke the fires of nationalism and militarism. Seems pretty clear that's what Xi is doing.

There Are Four Lights!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 10:02 pm

Quote:
China has accused Australia of “ideological bias and political games” over Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s calls for an independent inquiry into the COVID-19 pandemic.

It comes as federal Health Minister Greg Hunt knocked back the offer of protective medical masks at inflated prices from Wuhan, China the starting point of the virus.

And one more thing,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 12:06 am

Eurythmic wrote:
Australia has prostrated itself to China for so long because it's a source of:

- Cheap short lifespan disposable crap, made in bulk in a sweatshop by someone earning 50 cents per hour. Including shipping cost is about one tenth of what it would cost to make in Australia with current minimum wage. As always the almighty dollar wins at the expense of durability and longevity, the environment be damned.

- A huge source of income for Universities in Australia who spend a lot of time and money pandering to Asian students. Walk around the CBD of Melbourne or Sydney and you'd swear you were in Asia.

- I suspect the Aus government knows we do do jack all to generate/produce stuff in Australia, long term this is unsustainable. To bring the dollars in we've been very reliant on exporting steel to China and livestock to the middle east. Meanwhile we're busy "selling the farm" to the Chinese, the amount of Australian land and businesses we've sold to them shows that we're progressively turning into China.

Hardly surprising though. China has allowed itself to get massively overpopulated, last I heard there was about 1.3 billion people there. Do they have issues understanding how contraception works? It's not rocket science. Is there any wonder the place is so polluted? Can't drink the tap water? No wonder they are looking for new lands to be able to take over with their reckless wanton rampant breeding.
It's time Australia lifts it's game and puts a stop to this nonsense.

A little late for all this....Perhaps John Howard was correct we over relied too much on China and we have been happily been selling the crown jewels to China since the 1960s.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 12:09 am

Darmok wrote:
Dictators who feel their control slipping away often stoke the fires of nationalism and militarism. Seems pretty clear that's what Xi is doing.

Except it seems to take 50 years for us "democracies" to stop doing business with the aforementioned dictators.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm

About time Australia grew some balls.
This is bi-partisan, btw.

Quote:
SYDNEY: China's ambassador in Australia has warned that demands for a probe into the spread of the coronavirus could lead to a consumer boycott of Aussie wine or trips Down Under.

Australia has joined the United States in calling for a thorough investigation of how the virus transformed from a localised epidemic in central China into a pandemic that has killed more than 200,000 people, forced billions into isolation and torpedoed the global economy.

In a thinly veiled threat, ambassador Cheng Jingye warned the push for an independent inquest into the origins of the outbreak was "dangerous".

"The Chinese public is frustrated, dismayed and disappointed with what Australia is doing now," he claimed in an interview with the Australian Financial Review published on Sunday.

"If the mood is going from bad to worse, people would think 'why should we go to such a country that is not so friendly to China?' The tourists may have second thoughts," he added.

And one more thing,

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 4:08 pm

Noca wrote:

There’s a lot of this going around.

But it’s deeper rooted than that.

China has successfully integrated itself into the economies and politics of so many countries around the world they dictate the narrative that’s said about them there at every level of government from federal right down to student associations on college campuses.

You won’t hear ALMOST any Canadian politicians at any level speak ill of China
The only one I’ve seen say anything about telling China to f..k off is a local city Mayor, Brad West, of a Vancouver suburb called Coquitlam.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 4:31 pm

I stayed in a hotel there once.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 7:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
You won’t hear ALMOST any Canadian politicians at any level speak ill of China because it’s kind of hard to talk when you have China’s cock rammed so far down your throat.

China has already issued a warning to Australian politicians to not criticise China. In a move straight out of Sun Tzu's Art of War" they have turned the tables and threatened economies dependant on their business (e.g. trade, tourism and education) before they can correctly point finger's at China's culpability in creating this global mess.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

I haven’t read that book yet but I have my brothers copy somewhere.

But yeah, much of the same here. But citizens aren’t stupid. We know what’s up just as well as you do.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 11:17 pm

Quote:
China-Australia war of words escalates

China has accused Australia of “petty tricks” amid Australia’s push for an international inquiry into what sparked COVID-19.

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 11:41 pm

Quote:
$50m event axed after Twiggy’s ambush, China ramps up PR war
China is ramping up its PR war to deflect blame over the origins of COVID-19, as the row between Andrew Forrest and Greg Hunt led to a childhood cance...

And one more thing,