Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The gates should not have been broken into but why didn’t they just stay inside?I would have went to an upstairs window, sat quietly and hidden with my gun and watched to see what the crowd did.Chances are they would have moved on after yelling a bit.
The home owners just looked stupid out there on the lawn bellowing and pointing their guns at people.

Me and you as anxious aspies. Most people want to prevent any possible damage to their business or home. I rent. So maybe that’s also part of it.
We had protests out in our area and people blocked whole streets off with cars and stood out at the street entrance.

What would you do if they started throwing flaming bottles on your house? Sit inside and burn? That is the down side to use hiding inside. If we are outside we could see them about to do it and could shoot them. My few freiends would be outside with their rifles at ready. I’m not so brave.

Why protest in neighborhoods? What good does it do. Protest should be at the police states, city halls.

A snipers nest from an upstairs window would be a better and safer place to shoot someone tossing a Molotov cocktail.I can easily see all around my house from windows.
Legal here to use deadly force if someone tries to ignite your house.I didn’t notice any protestors carrying gas cans or bottles.
They shouldn’t have broken the gate and should pay to have it repaired, possibly a trespassing charge but not shot.
I think the couple overacted.One should never point a gun at another person and never have your finger on the trigger till you really need to pull it.

No one was shot. They’d got shot if they’d continued to move towards them and their house.but they went outside and “protests” didn’t want to get shot so they stopped.
What would any of us do if a angry mob broke down our fence and was attacking our house? I don’t think you can judge them until you’re in a situation. Have there been any “protest” around you?
It happen down street from me they marched through our streets cursing and taunting us, saying horrible things. The police were everywhere. Lots of people stood outside their houses armed with whatever they had. People have made threats they’d burn down the neighborhoods like they did the businesses. No one was taking any chance thst some might act on it. So enjoy being safe out in the country, many of us don’t have the luxury of such safety of distance.
My neighborhood is far from the downtown area, on the edge of city. They came here to try to make us afraid of them, given the response we gave them, they haven’t been back since. I hope they never come back. Their movement was lost min they started cursing and attacking people and buildings. I’m against police corruption and abuse, but if I have to choose between thst and the Anarchy anarchy these people want then I choose the police corruption and abuse. All they’ve done is set back getting actual change for the problem. They attack anyone with a American flag. They’ve burnt the flag down town twice now. If you look a certain way they assume you’re against them and attack you.
I was at work fearing I’d have no home to go home to and my pet cat would be dead.

Sorry you were afraid for your pet.
I attended a peaceful protest,no riots.
People can yell things all they want, never yell back, that’s what escalates it.Those homeowners could have quietly stood there arms down.They didn’t need to point guns at people.Again, I didn’t see any protesters attacking their house.

Cause the video is by the protesters so we don’t see what happen before they got their guns.
If you were committing crime and then security shows you wouldn’t you edit out the part where you did bad things and only show the security?

Lots of people do bad things then other react and then they start filiming, oh poor us

They stormed their neighborhood, broke down their fence and rushed their house. What would you think was going happen if that happen to you?

Do the protests you attended say f**k the police, only good cops a dead cop. We’re going burn this place down
That’s not peaceful. Then they go and get right in cops faces and spit on them, and throw stuff at them, that’s assault. Again nit peaceful.
Then they act shocked when the police throw gas or pepper spray them.

If I went and got in some woman’s face , yelled f**k your and spit in her Face I would expect to be pepper sprayed or tazed.

I’m not seeing any peaceful protests. Not seeing any sit downs. They not even bothering to protest at the city hall, police stations etc.
how is burning down a Starbucks or looting sprint gong bring change? Well it will on the form of more police, bigger police budgets, when home owners and business owners push the city to get more protection, when the city is sued for their inaction.

I’d wager that neighborhood in this Incident many others will soon get armed security.
I’d wager the “protesters” wouldn’t do this in say celebrity guarded neighborhoods.
All I know if one of these “protesters” decides to “protest” by breaking into my house or by attacking me I’m going to defend myself and my family.
I don’t think they come back here thoug, I don’t think they want to get shot. And most people out here own guns and aren’t afraid to use them. As we told them on their post planning it our city isn’t the liberal city they coming from. Our police won’t put up with this s**t nor will our citizens.
I don’t imagine your neighbors or city would put up with it either.

:lol: We all saw the video, sly. No one stormed anyone’s house. Hyperbole much? You should be a writer for tucker carlson’s racial divide & fear show! :lol:

And once again, you pretend to preach peace while threatening violence. Fake!

Basil342
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2020, 4:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The gates should not have been broken into but why didn’t they just stay inside?I would have went to an upstairs window, sat quietly and hidden with my gun and watched to see what the crowd did.Chances are they would have moved on after yelling a bit.
The home owners just looked stupid out there on the lawn bellowing and pointing their guns at people.

Me and you as anxious aspies. Most people want to prevent any possible damage to their business or home. I rent. So maybe that’s also part of it.
We had protests out in our area and people blocked whole streets off with cars and stood out at the street entrance.

What would you do if they started throwing flaming bottles on your house? Sit inside and burn? That is the down side to use hiding inside. If we are outside we could see them about to do it and could shoot them. My few freiends would be outside with their rifles at ready. I’m not so brave.

Why protest in neighborhoods? What good does it do. Protest should be at the police states, city halls.

A snipers nest from an upstairs window would be a better and safer place to shoot someone tossing a Molotov cocktail.I can easily see all around my house from windows.
Legal here to use deadly force if someone tries to ignite your house.I didn’t notice any protestors carrying gas cans or bottles.
They shouldn’t have broken the gate and should pay to have it repaired, possibly a trespassing charge but not shot.
I think the couple overacted.One should never point a gun at another person and never have your finger on the trigger till you really need to pull it.

No one was shot. They’d got shot if they’d continued to move towards them and their house.but they went outside and “protests” didn’t want to get shot so they stopped.
What would any of us do if a angry mob broke down our fence and was attacking our house? I don’t think you can judge them until you’re in a situation. Have there been any “protest” around you?
It happen down street from me they marched through our streets cursing and taunting us, saying horrible things. The police were everywhere. Lots of people stood outside their houses armed with whatever they had. People have made threats they’d burn down the neighborhoods like they did the businesses. No one was taking any chance thst some might act on it. So enjoy being safe out in the country, many of us don’t have the luxury of such safety of distance.
My neighborhood is far from the downtown area, on the edge of city. They came here to try to make us afraid of them, given the response we gave them, they haven’t been back since. I hope they never come back. Their movement was lost min they started cursing and attacking people and buildings. I’m against police corruption and abuse, but if I have to choose between thst and the Anarchy anarchy these people want then I choose the police corruption and abuse. All they’ve done is set back getting actual change for the problem. They attack anyone with a American flag. They’ve burnt the flag down town twice now. If you look a certain way they assume you’re against them and attack you.
I was at work fearing I’d have no home to go home to and my pet cat would be dead.

So, between rapid social revolution and equal treatment for all citizens Or the status quo where black Americans are treated as 2nd or 3rd class citizens (or inhumanely) you’d choose the status who because it makes you feel safe as you won’t be in the receiving end of police brutality thanks to the white privilege you were born with?

Gross.

I’d way rather stand with protestors in their demands for change. And before you rant further about protest violence and destruction: people have been peacefully protesting for decades, for GENERATIONS, and the white establishment has ignored them over and over and over again, so, tensions reach a tipping point and people get angry and lash out - which then ends up finally getting results. So, really, racial protests are white America’s own damned fault for not doing a damned thing about racial inequality until people rise up and get angry.

Also, laughably lame to picture a bunch of larp army enthusiasts brandishing their guns to protestors while a couple people play duelling banjos. :lol: If BLM protestors came into my neighbourhood people would greet them in the streets with food, water, coffee/tea/beers and we’d talk about what sh***y things in our society need to change instead of pointing guns at them and telling them to f**k off and know their place. I guess that’s the difference not living in a neighbourhood full of racist as*holes who refuse to acknowledge that BIPOC have been given the short end of the stick for hundreds of years and that it’s ridiculous and demands for change are completely justified.

Rather hypocritical and ironic if you to make posts about how you’re a pacifist who just wants everyone to love one another and then admit that you brandish weapons at black people for the crime of walking down your street during a protest against police brutality & systemic racism. Try practicing what you preach and actually being nice to people and I’m sure you’ll find they’re nice in return.

Well said goldfish21. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 4:45 pm

Thing about revolutions is they tend to make most of the population 4th-class demi-citizens.

There are exceptions to this, but all of them have involved the overwhelming majority of the population, explicitly focused on enhancing their shared say over how the state as a whole is run.

Last time I checked “Jim Crow” was no longer a thing, peaceful protests have got results: just by the same path of incremental reform as per the working class of C19th Britain.
(Work still in progress: warning, not all reforms function as intended. Frustrating discrepancies may linger. Always read the T&Cs).

Btw, goldfish: could you cool it a bit? The guy has had a frightening experience.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 4:56 pm

Karamazov wrote:
Thing about revolutions is they tend to make most of the population 4th-class demi-citizens.

There are exceptions to this, but all of them have involved the overwhelming majority of the population, explicitly focused on enhancing their shared say over how the state as a whole is run.

Last time I checked “Jim Crow” was no longer a thing, peaceful protests have got results: just by the same path of incremental reform as per the working class of C19th Britain.
(Work still in progress: warning, not all reforms function as intended. Frustrating discrepancies may linger. Always read the T&Cs).

Btw, goldfish: could you cool it a bit? The guy has had a frightening experience.

Nothing happens in the USA unless it’s made to by force. Civil rights movement of the late 60’s, stonewall riots etc. The white establishment in America is perfectly fine with the glacial pace of passing laws and such that further give itself advantages, but anything that’s ever happened in terms of progress for women, minorities, gays etc has happened due to explosive events of displays of force. That’s how America does things, so I do not blame Americans for working within the system and culture they have to affect what change they can.

Have you seen this guy’s posting history? He’s afraid of everything and exaggerates perceived threats to the greatest magnitudes his imagination can muster. IMO it’s absurd to be posting such irrational fears of black people on a public forum and more than just myself should be refuting these things so that they cannot poison the minds of other readers now or in the future.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Nothing happens in the USA unless it’s made to by force. Civil rights movement of the late 60’s, stonewall riots etc. The white establishment in America is perfectly fine with the glacial pace of passing laws and such that further give itself advantages, but anything that’s ever happened in terms of progress for women, minorities, gays etc has happened due to explosive events of displays of force. That’s how America does things, so I do not blame Americans for working within the system and culture they have to affect what change they can.

Have you seen this guy’s posting history? He’s afraid of everything and exaggerates perceived threats to the greatest magnitudes his imagination can muster. IMO it’s absurd to be posting such irrational fears of black people on a public forum and more than just myself should be refuting these things so that they cannot poison the minds of other readers now or in the future.

If slagging people of behind their backs is rude, how do we feel about doing it where they can see it?

I have seen some by the way, I’m not agreeing with, or defending everything he’s ever said.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:17 pm

So do you think Sly is afraid of black people in general, or is he afraid of the people everyone insists are "peaceful protestors" even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:18 pm

Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

If slagging people of behind their backs is rude, how do we feel about doing it where they can see it?

I have seen some by the way, I’m not agreeing with, or defending everything he’s ever said.

Feels pretty good, actually. We should all do more of it. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the BLM movement: It’s not enough to simply not be racist. We have to be actively anti-racist. A large part of that is calling out racist behaviour when we see/hear it, to let people know that what they’re saying or doing is not acceptable and we’re not going to silently condone it and have them think we approve of their nonsense. So, whenever someone posts crap like this that’s intended to stoke racial fears and division, it should be called out for what it is and perhaps those who post such nonsense will eventually learn the error of their ways & become better people who don’t fear others for being different than them and don’t make posts perpetuating or promoting such fears.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:25 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
So do you think Sly is afraid of black people in general, or is he afraid of the people everyone insists are "peaceful protestors" even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

From his posting history he seems to be afraid of everyone. He’s posted several times that he fears that a “violent leftist,” may slit his throat on the bus or in the streets.

I’m guessing he winds himself up watching extreme right wing propaganda and convinces himself that these fears of people are rational and realistic.

But for an actual answer, your have to ask him. I’m not going to speculate whether he fears all black people or just the ones who’ve opted to protest for basic human rights & dignity.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:28 pm

Well, Inquisitor Goldfish, I'd be interested to learn more about your newfound powers of telepathy since you can apparently discern intent from behind written words, but I'm afraid a moral inferior such as myself is much too sensitive to this overwhelming smell of bovine excretions.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:30 pm

No telepathy required; mere literacy will do. 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:36 pm

I petted a police dog at our rally.
There was an bigger one in Harrison, the Grand Wizard of the Klan lives nearby and it stayed peaceful.Little Rock had peaceful protests.Its too hot to riot here, last thing you want to do is set something on fire ,unless it’s the BBQ pit.
I’ve seen footage where people are guarding their property the right way, arms down, finger off trigger.Not yelling at people.Keeping a cool head.
No one tossed anything at that house, it was immaculate looking.
The home owners did not react like trained guards would have.By yelling back and pointing their guns they were escalating the situation.
I never said it was ok to destroy property or trespass.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:45 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Feels pretty good, actually. We should all do more of it. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the BLM movement: It’s not enough to simply not be racist. We have to be actively anti-racist. A large part of that is calling out racist behaviour when we see/hear it, to let people know that what they’re saying or doing is not acceptable and we’re not going to silently condone it and have them think we approve of their nonsense. So, whenever someone posts crap like this that’s intended to stoke racial fears and division, it should be called out for what it is and perhaps those who post such nonsense will eventually learn the error of their ways & become better people who don’t fear others for being different than them and don’t make posts perpetuating or promoting such fears.

:lmao:
Okay Mao, have fun struggling the capitalist running dogs.

On a support site.

Just a thought: the more people are frightened by the violence, the easier it is for Trump to promise strong law and order, extra police, higher federal law enforcement funding, longer sentences... and win votes.

Wonder why the orange goblin is being particularly racist atm :wink:

Whisper it: with a mandate to crush the protests quick and hard.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:45 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawandcrim ... trine/amp/

And also, they don’t play Dueling Banjos in Saint Louie, it’s the blues. :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:49 pm

The line should be drawn when protesters enter private homes without permission.

I’m a believer in peaceful protest. Without it, we’d still be in caveman days.

But I don’t believe even Goldfish would like it if someone barged into his home.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:51 pm

Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

:lmao:
Okay Mao, have fun struggling the capitalist running dogs.

On a support site.

Just a thought: the more people are frightened by the violence, the easier it is for Trump to promise strong law and order, extra police, higher federal law enforcement funding, longer sentences... and win votes.

Wonder why the orange goblin is being particularly racist atm :wink:

Whisper it: with a mandate to crush the protests quick and hard.

This isn’t a white supremacist support site. It’s for the neuro-diverse where all forms of diversity are promoted.

Of course that’s why trump is tripling down on racism. He’s gambling on there being enough extremely racist Americans to re-elect him. And it’s disgusting. Obviously I certainly hope there aren’t enough extremely racist Americans to vote for that steaming pile of poo platform & policies.

Hopefully sane people show up to vote and extreme racists will be relegated to having their pointy hat circle jerk meetings under the cover of darkness and fear revealing their identities to Americans who haven’t lost their marbles because they’ll be shunned at every turn. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 5:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The line should be drawn when protesters enter private homes without permission.

I’m a believer in peaceful protest. Without it, we’d still be in caveman days.

But I don’t believe even Goldfish would like it if someone barged into his home.

Depends on the circumstances. In most cases, probably not - like if it was a break and enter and attempted theft of things. Of course I’d tell them to f**k off and physically force them out like most people would.

But in some cases, like if someone was legit running for their life and seeking refuge inside my home to avoid being raped or murdered in some racial or homophobic hate crime, it’d be unfortunate that a door or window got broken and they didn’t have time to knock or ring the bell and wait, but that stuff can be repaired and I’d be glad they were able to get away from whoever was trying to harm them and all it cost was a broken window or door.