Page 1 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:08 am

I just don't know how to live with another 4 years of Trump, I mean are any of your countries accepting of american immigrants. LIke if me and my boyfriend get let in we would do so much state work and be willing to look into new jobs but we will for sure do state mandated sh***y jobs if in the case Trump wins we could maybe get away from his facism.

Like f**k we would even become sewer workers if i would get us a better life. But yeah if Trump wins again we are not against the thought of leaving this country. And well if we do leave we will at least do it together, So IDK would sweden accept americans or should we apply elsewhere?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:11 am

I mean...probably? You could do worse than coming here.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:17 am

DELETED

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 28 Aug 2020, 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:21 am

That's swiss, not swedish. I do not yodel, and my closet contains zero pairs of lederhosen.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:25 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
That's swiss, not swedish. I do not yodel, and my closet contains zero pairs of lederhosen.

Oh, lol that's true. I got them confused but I am an American so that's expected. :)

Be the hero of your life.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:40 am

I understand that after the last election there was supposed to have been a mass exodus to Canada, so you may find a large community of your fellow country-people there: Unless they lied about moving there...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:43 am

From what I understand, Canadas vetting process for immigration is tough as hell.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:47 am

Brictoria wrote:
I understand that after the last election there was supposed to have been a mass exodus to Canada, so you may find a large community of your fellow country-people there: Unless they lied about moving there...

People were actually immigrating to Canada after trump was elected in 2016. I remember saying "Canada should now build a wall" as a joke.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:19 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I just don't know how to live with another 4 years of Trump, I mean are any of your countries accepting of american immigrants. LIke if me and my boyfriend get let in we would do so much state work and be willing to look into new jobs but we will for sure do state mandated sh***y jobs if in the case Trump wins we could maybe get away from his facism.

Like f**k we would even become sewer workers if i would get us a better life. But yeah if Trump wins again we are not against the thought of leaving this country. And well if we do leave we will at least do it together, So IDK would sweden accept americans or should we apply elsewhere?

först bör du lära dig svenska

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:22 am

Man kan klara sig med engelska i Sverige i flera år, men du bör ta svenskalektioner, ja.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:26 am

När du är i Rom gör som romarna gör

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:26 am

European Nations are in overflow from immigrants middle east and Africa,I know Denmark is cracking down on immigration,I don't know about Sweden specifically.Scandinavia attracts a lot people because of it's high quality of life.

Norway is another country to consider along with Finland,I know Denmark is getting tough on immigration,I don't know about the other Nordic countries.Your best bet might be Iceland,there population is very low and less people immigrate there because it's far from mainland Europe,You might want to look into Iceland.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:37 am

Yeah, we're finally cracking down a bit on the non-EU migrants, but I think that's mostly so our system for determining who qualifies as a refugee and not can recover a bit. If you have a job lined up and/or purchased a home, that's probably a different prpcess.

...and have you seen the Finnish language?

cyberdad wrote:
När du är i Rom gör som romarna gör

Mycket sant. Mer som en principsak än ett hinder, dock.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 6:12 am

vermontsavant wrote:
European Nations are in overflow from immigrants middle east and Africa,I know Denmark is cracking down on immigration,I don't know about Sweden specifically.Scandinavia attracts a lot people because of it's high quality of life.

Norway is another country to consider along with Finland,I know Denmark is getting tough on immigration,I don't know about the other Nordic countries.Your best bet might be Iceland,there population is very low and less people immigrate there because it's far from mainland Europe,You might want to look into Iceland.

Woooo! Iceland!

I would also consider the Netherlands. I was also considering Brazil before Bozonaro took office.

@Sweetleaf: Nearly all the polls favor Biden by 10+ points.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 28 Aug 2020, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 6:15 am

I'd rather live under Trump than spend my life in Iceland...
https://www.icelandreview.com/news/icel ... st-europe/

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 6:44 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
@Sweetleaf: Nearly all the polls favor Biden by 10+ points.

And Hillary had a 99% chance to win...