Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 8:29 pm

Well this isn't terribly surprising but it is horrifically disappointing.
What Trump said 45 minutes ago

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Last edited by cberg on 23 Sep 2020, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 8:32 pm

I want to be very clear, I'm sad for the entire country & I don't have to pick some stupid reasons.

In short I'm disappointed that America is too clique centered to do anything about it.

I would hope mods realize the direly malicious nature of the disinformation being posted by the "winning" side in all this.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 4:11 am

Wrong Planet thread: The Election That Could Break America

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 4:30 am

So there is going to be a fist fight over the briefcase with the nuclear codes in the hall of the White House.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 6:14 am

vermontsavant wrote:
So there is going to be a fist fight over the briefcase with the nuclear codes in the hall of the White House.

I don't think there is a point in getting into a fist fight over it... It probably just contains a note:

Haha, nasty women!

I sold the entire US nuclear stockpile to Putin.

- The Donald

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 6:22 am

In normal times that other story I noticed on your BBC site about the Norks "killing and burning a South Korean Official" would top the headlines.

I long for normal times again when that would be biggest thing! Instead of the news that the US is about to become a banana republic.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 6:59 am

GGPViper wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I don't think there is a point in getting into a fist fight over it... It probably just contains a note:

Haha, nasty women!

I sold the entire US nuclear stockpile to Putin.

- The Donald

It's quite a wonder what Trump means by unwilling to give presidency peacefully.

There was a Chinese buffet in town where the two owners managed to kill each other in a knife fight.

Maybe Harris will emerge as president nov. 4th.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 7:31 am

The important detail missed by everyone who is complaining: He needs the Democrat's riot squad to stop in order for it to be able to be "peaceful"...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 8:17 am

Maybe we do need anarchy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 8:39 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Maybe we do need anarchy.

Well, the Democrats are certainly working to give it a try...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 12:24 am

For Trump to say he won't accept the results of the election, but would stay in power, means America has become just a banana republic. The fact that Trumptards want to support this decision shows they aren't loyal to the American constitution but to the personal dictatorship of Trump. And that's what I think Trump's supporters really want. I dare them to prove me wrong.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 1:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
For Trump to say he won't accept the results of the election, but would stay in power, means America has become just a banana republic. The fact that Trumptards want to support this decision shows they aren't loyal to the American constitution but to the personal dictatorship of Trump. And that's what I think Trump's supporters really want. I dare them to prove me wrong.

There is a difference between "not accepting" (and so being able to challenge) and "not abiding by" (and so trying to hold on to power) the results...Possibly the distinction is too fine for some to see (I believe there is something referred to as TDS which can cause this), but it does exist.

To expect someone to "accept" the results of something before it occurs, and so without knowing the outcome, nor any potential problems which occur during the event, is an exceedingly naive position to be taking...In agreeing to "accept" the results, it would leave the person doing so in a position where they could not challenge any potential irregularities which occurred (think Bush Vs Gore). Or in another context, do competitors in sporting events agree before the event that they will "accept" the results, or do they refrain from doing so in order to be able to challenge irregularities\unfavourable umpire's calls?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 7:52 am

Well that's hypocrisy, Trump was the first to refuse his less than ideal outcome & you immediately pin the naiveté on the left.

You're not granted the luxury of making up mental disorders to make yourself look sane. Not here.

I don't really think you believe this s**t, I think you're parroting it because you crave the vicarious power trip.