Page 6 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 2:47 am

MaxE wrote:

And this is coming from a right-leaning paper!
10 points for objectivity. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
So getting back to the developing story - the owner of the computer store, John Paul MacIsaac should be sued by Hunter Biden for a breach of privacy. I am not aware the client (Hunter Biden) consented to having his hard drive information being disseminated and shared with third parties - that certainly was not MacIsaac's right.

A bit of an overview of the legal rights regarding the laptop (and contents thereof), along with other information about events thus far:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:49 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf.

The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.

The computer was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden’s home state of Delaware in April 2019, according to the store’s owner.

Other material extracted from the computer includes a raunchy, 12-minute video that appears to show Hunter, who’s admitted struggling with addiction problems, smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman, as well as numerous other sexually explicit images.

The customer who brought in the water-damaged MacBook Pro for repair never paid for the service or retrieved it or a hard drive on which its contents were stored, according to the shop owner, who said he tried repeatedly to contact the client.

The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.

Photos of a Delaware federal subpoena given to The Post show that both the computer and hard drive were seized by the FBI in December, after the shop’s owner says he alerted the feds to their existence.

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Quote:
Hunter Biden pursued lucrative deals involving China’s largest private energy company — including one that he said would be “interesting for me and my family,” emails obtained by The Post show.

One email sent to Biden on May 13, 2017, with the subject line “Expectations,” included details of “remuneration packages” for six people involved in an unspecified business venture.

Biden was identified as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” an apparent reference to the former Shanghai-based conglomerate CEFC China Energy Co.

His pay was pegged at “850” and the email also noted that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.”

In addition, the email outlined a “provisional agreement” under which 80 percent of the “equity,” or shares in the new company, would be split equally among four people whose initials correspond to the sender and three recipients, with “H” apparently referring to Biden.

The deal also listed “10 Jim” and “10 held by H for the big guy?”

Neither Jim nor the “big guy” was identified further.

The email’s author, James Gilliar of the international consulting firm J2cR, also noted, “I am happy to raise any detail with Zang if there is [sic] shortfalls ?”

“Zang” is an apparent reference to Zang Jian Jun, the former executive director of CEFC China.

The email is contained in a trove of data that the owner of a computer repair shop in Delaware said was recovered from a MacBook Pro laptop that was dropped off in April 2019 and never retrieved.

The computer was seized by the FBI, and a copy of its contents made by the shop owner shared with The Post this week by former Mayor Rudy ­Giuliani.

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/emails-reveal-how-hunter-biden-tried-to-cash-in-big-with-chinese-firm/

Is this the information Facebook tried to hide/censor?

Not too well, either, apparently:
Quote:
Facebook and Twitter's frantic attempts to stop the spread of the New York Post's Hunter Biden story didn't prevent the article from becoming the top story about the election on those platforms last week, according to data from NewsWhip.

Why it matters: The data shows that even swift, aggressive content suppression may not be swift or aggressive enough to keep down a story with as much White House backing and partisan fuel as this one.

By the numbers: The Post's story generated 2.59m interactions (likes, comments, shares) on Facebook and Twitter last week — more than double the next biggest story about Trump or Biden.

* 5 of the 10 biggest stories were about the Hunter Biden story, the fallout, or how Facebook and Twitter reacted.
* It was the 6th-most engaged article this month, trailing pieces like Trump testing positive for COVID-19 and Eddie Van Halen's death.
* 83% of the interactions happened on Facebook, with the other 17% on Twitter.

Between the lines: Critics worried that Twitter's move to disable sharing of the article (it also suspended the New York Post's account) and Facebook's decision to limit its reach may have inadvertently brought it even more attention.

* Behind the Biden story itself, Facebook and Twitter's response to the report was the second biggest topic last week. The backlash largely came from the right, which accused the tech platforms of meddling in the election through inappropriate censorship.
* After hearing from critics, Twitter on Friday said it would modify its hacked materials rules to no longer remove hacked content unless it is directly shared by hackers or those acting in concert with them and to instead label tweets to provide context.

Be smart: "This gets at the fundamental question that we're facing in 2020 of what is truth, what is information and how does a platform like Twitter or Facebook evaluate truth?" Bryce Webster-Jacobsen of cyber intelligence firm GroupSense tells Axios. "Nudity and terrorism and violence — those are pretty objective measures. Truth is much more subjective."

Our thought bubble: We can't know how much higher the numbers for the Post story might have been if Facebook and Twitter hadn't taken action.

What's next: The platforms have said that they are still working to determine the most effective policies for limiting the spread of misinformation in breaking news without infringing on free speech.

Source: https://www.axios.com/new-york-post-hunter-biden-facebook-twitter-censor-bf8d9f32-f8cb-444e-bc12-c3b5e8694e84.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 8:09 am

Rudy Can Fail
by Headlines
(Posted on The Nib 2020-10-20)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 10:55 am

Here is a comparison between the alleged signature at the Delaware MAC repair shop and 2 actual signatures by Hunter Biden.

And another (probably digitally signed):

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/statu ... 1525502977

I am not a forensic expert, but the Delaware signature does not look similar to the 2 other signatures to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:33 pm

So wait, did Hunter Biden forget to pick up his laptop because he was dealing with the paternity suit and his addiction problem?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 7:25 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Here is a comparison between the alleged signature at the Delaware MAC repair shop and 2 actual signatures by Hunter Biden.

I am not a forensic expert, but the Delaware signature does not look similar to the 2 other signatures to me.

In the first pair, the initial half of the signatures do look quite similar, but the latter half is different (at least that's how they appear to me).

With the latter, being a digital signature, there is no indication of when the original was done (people's signatures change over time) and it appears to be in a different format (extended "surname", rather than short version of it), so it's not really the best (The "H" in the middle does look similar, though).

I'm sure we'll soon hear from Hunter, his family, or their lawyers, if it isn't his, which should help clarify some of the questions about the laptop and its contents.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 9:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf.

The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.

The computer was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden’s home state of Delaware in April 2019, according to the store’s owner.

Other material extracted from the computer includes a raunchy, 12-minute video that appears to show Hunter, who’s admitted struggling with addiction problems, smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman, as well as numerous other sexually explicit images.

The customer who brought in the water-damaged MacBook Pro for repair never paid for the service or retrieved it or a hard drive on which its contents were stored, according to the shop owner, who said he tried repeatedly to contact the client.

The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.

Photos of a Delaware federal subpoena given to The Post show that both the computer and hard drive were seized by the FBI in December, after the shop’s owner says he alerted the feds to their existence.

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Quote:
Hunter Biden pursued lucrative deals involving China’s largest private energy company — including one that he said would be “interesting for me and my family,” emails obtained by The Post show.

One email sent to Biden on May 13, 2017, with the subject line “Expectations,” included details of “remuneration packages” for six people involved in an unspecified business venture.

Biden was identified as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” an apparent reference to the former Shanghai-based conglomerate CEFC China Energy Co.

His pay was pegged at “850” and the email also noted that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.”

In addition, the email outlined a “provisional agreement” under which 80 percent of the “equity,” or shares in the new company, would be split equally among four people whose initials correspond to the sender and three recipients, with “H” apparently referring to Biden.

The deal also listed “10 Jim” and “10 held by H for the big guy?”

Neither Jim nor the “big guy” was identified further.

The email’s author, James Gilliar of the international consulting firm J2cR, also noted, “I am happy to raise any detail with Zang if there is [sic] shortfalls ?”

“Zang” is an apparent reference to Zang Jian Jun, the former executive director of CEFC China.

The email is contained in a trove of data that the owner of a computer repair shop in Delaware said was recovered from a MacBook Pro laptop that was dropped off in April 2019 and never retrieved.

The computer was seized by the FBI, and a copy of its contents made by the shop owner shared with The Post this week by former Mayor Rudy ­Giuliani.

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/emails-reveal-how-hunter-biden-tried-to-cash-in-big-with-chinese-firm/

Is this the information Facebook tried to hide/censor?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 9:55 pm

Brictoria wrote:
I'm sure we'll soon hear from Hunter, his family, or their lawyers, if it isn't his, which should help clarify some of the questions about the laptop and its contents.

In the meantime he will be "Biden" his time Bric

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 10:09 pm

Brictoria wrote:

Is it true that Twitter is where twits go to post? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:03 am

I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone - - Hunter Biden or not - - would just leave a laptop with a repairman and forget all about it if such incriminating things were on it. This is just the Trump crew's feeble attempt at manufacturing an October Surprise in my humble opinion.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone - - Hunter Biden or not - - would just leave a laptop with a repairman and forget all about it if such incriminating things were on it. This is just the Trump crew's feeble attempt at manufacturing an October Surprise in my humble opinion.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Although it certainly shows a high degree of planning by "Trump's crew", being the laptop was left there 18 months ago, and the FBI have reportedly had it in their possesion for 10. It was also left around 2 weeks before Joe Biden announced he would be running, so if they could do this for one un-announced candidate, it would reasonably follow that they must have done something similar for other likely nominees (Hillary Clinton, Berrnie Sanders, for example).

Edit: There's also the curious lack of denial from any of the Bidens or their lawyers about the circumstances (or previous ownership) of the laptop, which does seem to contradict it being a "Trump crew's feeble attempt at manufacturing an October Surprise". Were it not to have been previously owned (or left) by Hunter Biden, I would have expected a statement to that effect shortly after the initial story regarding it broke, rather than the silence from them for almost a week.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:49 am

Brictoria wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

In the first pair, the initial half of the signatures do look quite similar, but the latter half is different (at least that's how they appear to me).

With the latter, being a digital signature, there is no indication of when the original was done (people's signatures change over time) and it appears to be in a different format (extended "surname", rather than short version of it), so it's not really the best (The "H" in the middle does look similar, though).

The two images on the left are the same signature on the same document. There is some similarly between that signature and the signature on the other two documents.

I have two types of signatures. The one I put some effort and concentration into when I'm signing an important document, and the one I hastily scribble out when signing a receipt.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:59 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Although it certainly shows a high degree of planning by "Trump's crew", being the laptop was left there 18 months ago, and the FBI have reportedly had it in their possesion for 10. It was also left around 2 weeks before Joe Biden announced he would be running, so if they could do this for one un-announced candidate, it would reasonably follow that they must have done something similar for other likely nominees (Hillary Clinton, Berrnie Sanders, for example).

Edit: There's also the curious lack of denial from any of the Bidens or their lawyers about the circumstances (or previous ownership) of the laptop, which does seem to contradict it being a "Trump crew's feeble attempt at manufacturing an October Surprise". Were it not to have been previously owned (or left) by Hunter Biden, I would have expected a statement to that effect shortly after the initial story regarding it broke, rather than the silence from them for almost a week.

The Bidens aren't responding for the same reason why Obama hasn't responded to the birther idiocy. The charges are so ridiculous that it's not worthy of being responded to.
As for the FBI having hold of the laptop - - Trump feared Biden as an opponent in a way that he feared no other Democrat. The scammers and professional liars Trump has working for him would have orchestrated something like this in anticipation of a Biden candidacy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 2:26 am

Well the Trump scam campaign is certainly in full swing
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/v ... s-n1238553

Twitter and Facebook have been working overtime removing fake accounts pretending to be black MAGA supporters