Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 11:54 am

Not my holiday.

Here we're pretending the virus takes a Christmas holiday in order to let families see each other on Christmas day.

We're not doing it.

We're visiting granddad who's in our bubble & as safe as we are. My cousins are doing a small family holiday. We'll see each other next year.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 12:19 pm

Once it was considered an act of Northern aggression.The pumpkin pie was a real trouble maker.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/t ... 55c9ffb289

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 11:18 pm

Early Thanksgiving morning, a nephew of mine woke up his wife and had her drive him to the emergency room. He was immediately admitted and put on an IV. It turns out he and his new wife (they've been married a couple of weeks) and her teenage daughter are all sick with covid.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at his grandfather's house about two blocks from his new house and his parents and one sister were there, but since his new wife is very much not invited to any family events at all, they were not expected there to eat and might have gotten run off if they were free of covid and had showed up.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 8:08 am

Two weeks married, and her new husband is now hospitalized with the most frightening illness on Earth?
AND she and her daughter have been exposed?
A small Thanksgiving dinner must be pretty far down on her list of disappointments!
God bless them, this must be SO frightening!
:(

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Nov 2020, 8:13 am

kokopelli wrote:
Early Thanksgiving morning, a nephew of mine woke up his wife and had her drive him to the emergency room. He was immediately admitted and put on an IV. It turns out he and his new wife (they've been married a couple of weeks) and her teenage daughter are all sick with covid.

I had one Easter and one Christmas like that - with ER getting my child to the hospital.
I hope your nephew's family gets well :heart:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 6:03 pm

kokopelli wrote:

We had Thanksgiving dinner at his grandfather's house about two blocks from his new house and his parents and one sister were there, but since his new wife is very much not invited to any family events at all, they were not expected there to eat and might have gotten run off if they were free of covid and had showed up.

The grandfather tested positive for covid today.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:22 pm

SIX THOUSAND new Covid cases in Los Angeles.
Perhaps the Thanksgiving get-togethers were not such a great idea after all.
Went to a store today and into a restaurant (for a to-go order);
3 people whose masks were exposing their noses!!
It lives in the sinuses!!
That is why she administering the tests they are poking the probe around there!!
:roll: