Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 12:51 pm

Trump Floats Coup Plan That’s So Wild Even Rudy Giuliani Is Terrified

Quote:
At the White House on Friday, President Trump held what may have been his most deranged meeting yet. In it, the president raged at his loyalists for betraying him, and discussed taking extralegal measures to overturn the election.

The meeting, first reported by the New York Times, included lawyer and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell, convicted felon Michael Flynn, and Rudy Giuliani. One plan floated at the meeting was for Trump to appoint Powell as a “special counsel” overseeing allegations of voter fraud. Powell’s voter fraud claims are so fantastical she has been mocked even by other far-right legal conspiracy theorists. Andrew McCarthy, a former birther and author of one book titled How Obama Embraces Islam’s Sharia Agenda and another calling for his impeachment on multiple counts, has described Powell’s vote-fraud claims as “loopy.”

Trump also reportedly brought up Flynn’s proposal, which he has expounded on cable news, to impose martial law and direct the military to hold a new election. “At one point in the meeting on Friday, Mr. Trump asked about that idea,” reports the Times.

One theme running through Trump World reporting in recent weeks is that the president has increasingly tuned out any advisers or friends who try to reason him toward accepting defeat. Friday’s meeting devolved into a loyalty contest, with “yelling and screaming,” and competing lawyers “often accusing each other of failing to sufficiently support the president’s efforts,” reports Politico.

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT
Sources who have gotten used to Trump’s eruptions over four years sound scared by what’s transpired in the past week when I’ve talked to them.

Jonathan Swan
@jonathanvswan
"People who are concerned and nervous aren’t the weak-kneed bureaucrats that we loathe," the official added. "These are people who have endured arguably more insanity and mayhem than any administration officials in history." https://axios.com/trump-officials-alarm ... ce=twitter

Jonathan Swan
@jonathanvswan
I’ve been covering Donald Trump for a while. I can’t recall hearing more intense concern from senior officials who are actually Trump people. The Sidney Powell / Michael Flynn ideas are finding an enthusiastic audience at the top. https://axios.com/trump-officials-alarm ... ce=twitter

In all likelihood, their concern is not some scenario where tanks roll down the streets or Trump blockades himself in the Oval Office on January 20 like Al Pacino in the last scene of Scarface. It’s that Trump will spin so completely out of control that he discredits them, or puts the Georgia special election at risk. The crazies are turning on the crazier.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 1:39 pm

This just in. NASA and Spaceforce have just posted on their websites what appears to be photos of about ten million lost ballots burried under the surface of Mars. A recon mission will be laughed next week to attempt to recover the ballots. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 1:50 pm

So are we going to do martial law? I'm asking so I know if I should flee the country.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 4:03 pm

Cant his wife and grown kids get together, and have an Oval Office family intervention already?

We all known for a long time that the old man is off his rocker.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 4:07 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Cant his wife and grown kids get together, and have an Oval Office family intervention already?

We all known for a long time that the old man is off his rocker.

Are you aware how hard it is to negotiate vwith someone who is batshit insane and is holding a handgun? Now replace the word handgun with nuclear device and think about it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 4:20 pm

30 days, 22 hours, and 10 minutes to go...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 4:21 pm

Please God let them use a cattle prod on him when he hunkers down and won’t leave.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 4:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Please God let them use a cattle prod on him when he hunkers down and won’t leave.

My guess is a cattle prod won't work and they have to send in Delta Force then Biden will be stuck at camp David for a few months while the Whitehouse is remodeled. Or they send in a platoon of "Janitors" with a few household cleaning products to mix together.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:08 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

My guess is a cattle prod won't work and they have to send in Delta Force then Biden will be stuck at camp David for a few months while the Whitehouse is remodeled. Or they send in a platoon of "Janitors" with a few household cleaning products to mix together.

Bring on the tear gas.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Bring on the tear gas.

Tear gas is a bit weaker than what I would guess to be necessary.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:12 pm

/\Napalm?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:17 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\Napalm?

Notice I mentioned a variety of cleaning chemicals. Think interns of the fact that Chlorine gas was considered a very high tech weapon back in world war one, and half the chemicals on the cleaning supplies aisle at the grocery store can be mixed with Clorox to react and release chlorine gas or something similar.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:19 pm

Maybe a big wad of cash in a giant rat trap.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 5:33 pm

It'd be a shame if he fell out of Marine 1. Image

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 6:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

It would be horrible to have him crash through the ceiling of a house.Those poor people would be traumatized for life.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It would be horrible to have him crash through the ceiling of a house.Those poor people would be traumatized for life.

No, traumatizing would be if they installed a new ejector seat where he sits in Marine1.