Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 6:45 am

this was him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:07 am

I was hoping he would get his own apartment so he could invite people over also interested in comics.

It’s not fair that he had to endure what he endured. Everybody, if they don’t molest others, have a right to a decent life and shelter from the cold and heat.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:18 am

in this country, that is a tall order, it seems.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Jan 2021, 7:22 am

I doubt many could imagine how tough, how cruelly unfair Walter's life was and that in his last painful hour, he was alone.

It gives one pause for thought that, despite our struggles and inequities, despite our own daily irritations - we are blessed with a quality of life he never experienced.

I am saddened at his passing, yet uplifted by his indomitable struggles to continue despite the odds - something we could all learn by. The man had a raw courage.

But above all, he was blessed with support from auntblabby, someone so caring who understood the depth of his needs.
Please don't minimize your contributions to his life; you helped, you really helped, just by being there for him.

RIP

“Death is the dropping of the flower that the fruit may swell.”
── Henry Ward Beecher

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:24 am

^^thank you Cornflake :heart: i pray that after his sojourn in the Elysian Fields, that in his next life he will be exalted.

Last edited by auntblabby on 06 Jan 2021, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Jan 2021, 7:26 am

He will be. Of that I am certain.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:29 am

That's sad news.

Walter was a difficult person to figure out online. Over the years several people, including myself, tried to help him out in various ways, but also got frustraited with him and probably got too rough on him. Looking back I wish I had felt and displayed more love.

Last edited by Tempus Fugit on 06 Jan 2021, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jan 2021, 7:30 am

Auntblabby is an angel to many. He understands hardship more than most. I'm afraid not all are able to get a slice of that elusive American Dream - there's something very wrong with society when there aren't enough resources to go round and give everyone a better quality of life. I'm afraid I was also among those who gradually stopped chatting to him as he seemed so hard to help, especially from halfway across the world as some of us are.

Thank you for letting us know, AB. You will be blessed for all the efforts you made to be his friend.

Rest in peace, Walter. May you find the peace and the ease of burden you never got to experience on this plane.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:31 am

I don't think I had any contact with him, via posts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:34 am

thank you envirozentinel :heart:
i also did not go to the haven much when he posted there, in the last few years. there was a bit of a psychosis going on in these last years, that made it harder to enter his thinking. he was so frustrated. i ran out of comforting things to say to him.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:38 am

Besides what we discussed on the threads I had enjoyable PM conversations with him about growing up in the greater NYC region and things that were happening in the region at the time.

His problems were way beyond my ability to help and I have always felt guilty about that. That guilt is compounded because the man was screwed over in this life in every which way and yet he was able to retain as much humanity as he did. I sure he knew I could not help him in the areas he needed it most, that our discussions at best were a very temporary distraction. He had every reason to dismiss me as a virtue signaler discussing topics that were trivial compared to what was going on in his life but he never did.

I am glad to find out that he did have a true friend offline in you auntblabby.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 06 Jan 2021, 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:40 am

^^^thank you ASP :heart: i guess one can never be as much of a friend as required in some cases. one can only try one's best.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:54 am

Walter was a prime example of a person who might have allowed his past to determine his present and future.

He was a person who had great potential...but his bitterness and anger held him back.

I wish Walter would have written his autobiography here in a linear, chronological manner. I believe this would have been useful for people to read who are in a similar despair—yet who (perhaps without knowing it) have the tools to pick themselves up out of that despair.

Walter wasn’t a bad man, a criminal, a sock puppet, or anything like that.

Mostly, he was a victim of circumstance.

I wish we could pay some sort of tribute to Walter.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 7:57 am

in our own limited way this is what this collective online eulogy is about. :idea: this is a eulogy to a funeral he likely won't be able to have in any other way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 8:03 am

You’re right, Blabby.

Your thread IS a tribute, an eulogy.

I was thinking along the lines of having something named after him on this Site.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 8:05 am

i'm not sure what could be named after him on this site, other than renaming the site "Walter's Wrong Planet" or something like that.