former WP member "ASS-P" passed away yesterday, jan. 4, '21

Page 2 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:20 am

from his phone calls, he had a very nasty violent cough the last few weeks. am guessing un-dx'ed pneumonia combined with possible bug like covid which seems rampant in a lot of homeless areas. if anything the numbers are being underrepresented at least among that community. nobody pays attention to that demographic. he had lots of comorbids such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, kidney failure, liver problems, arthritis. he was living on borrowed time, running on fumes. as for funeral, i could not afford to travel down there and even if i could afford it, am crippled up and can hardly ambulate at this point. things are tough all over. if i could not visit him while alive, it seems improper to suddenly visit him after he has gone.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:24 am

Oh, I wasn't judging, just asking. But is there going to be a proper funeral or is it some sort of "state-funded" pauper funeral? And were you able to get in touch with anyone related to him?

I ask because it sounds like you were the only person he left as a contact. Did he ever give you information on "who to call" in the event of tragedy?

Either way, may he Rest in Peace now.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:25 am

I liked him, he wanted to get to know me, he PM me. This is heartbreaking, I can’t believe he’s gone.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
from his phone calls, he had a very nasty violent cough the last few weeks. am guessing un-dx'ed pneumonia combined with possible bug like covid which seems rampant in a lot of homeless areas. if anything the numbers are being underrepresented at least among that community. nobody pays attention to that demographic. he had lots of comorbids such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, kidney failure, liver problems, arthritis. he was living on borrowed time, running on fumes. as for funeral, i could not afford to travel down there and even if i could afford it, am crippled up and can hardly ambulate at this point. things are tough all over. if i could not visit him while alive, it seems improper to suddenly visit him after he has gone.

This makes me want to cry.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:31 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Oh, I wasn't judging, just asking. But is there going to be a proper funeral or is it some sort of "state-funded" pauper funeral? And were you able to get in touch with anyone related to him? I ask because it sounds like you were the only person he left as a contact. Did he ever give you information on "who to call" in the event of tragedy? Either way, may he Rest in Peace now.

basically i was it. i forwarded his forward-in-case-of-death info to the detective who called me on the 4th. he had nominal contact with a few social workers and social service lawyers, his surviving cousins hated him [and he hated them worse] and likely they will be no help at all, they will likely act like vultures and raid his few assets that survive him [some stock in an oil company his parents gifted him before they passed]. am guessing a pauper's funeral for him. cremation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:33 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I liked him, he wanted to get to know me, he PM me. This is heartbreaking, I can’t believe he’s gone.

i'm sorry, Kitty :heart: life is hard. for some folks it is very hard.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:34 am

But they didn't say where they were going to bury him/scatter his ashes? If cremated, are they sending you the ashes?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:35 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
But they didn't say where they were going to bury him/scatter his ashes? If cremated, are they sending you the ashes?

i am not a relative, i don't believe they will send ashes to mere contact people. the city is santa cruz, so there is a potter's field somewhere down around there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:39 am

food for thought, literally-

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:52 am

Rest in Peace, ASS-P ...
You endured such a harsh, painful, embattled life.
Fly like you’ve never flown with wings that carry you
Beyond to a place where no clouds gather
Where feet are whole and bodies don’t break.
Where hopes and dreams are fulfilled
Where Peace is felt ... at last.

You shall be remembered ...

[Thank you AB for being a brother to him in the ways that you were ... ]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 4:55 am

^^thank you for the uplifting poetry Juliette :heart: i was very limited in my help to him. others did far more, like the social workers down in santa cruz that tried despite overwhelming caseloads.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jan 2021, 5:41 am

I'm so sorry.
I can't even imagine the life he had to endure, lonely, homeless, severily ill... Thank you, AB, for your great heart that could see the man through all the spikes he developed to survive.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 5:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Everyone's suffering eventually ends. At least this life system has that going for it. 8)

i can hardly wait.

We do the best we can with the cards that have been dealt.
I'm not anywhere near suicidal, but I ain't coming back.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 5:55 am

Wow hope he finds rest now.

What a hard life he endured!

Too young to die.

I remember him on here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 6:21 am

he was also frustrated that he couldn't seem to be able to meet any of us here on WP. he travelled up to western washington in the hopes of meeting me, but i was sick at the time and couldn't meet up with him despite him attending my aspie meetup group meeting once.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 6:34 am

Awww. I remember him.