Portland mayor pepper-sprays maskless man - COVID argument

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 12:35 pm

Ted Wheeler was having meal out with former mayor when man carrying video camera accused them of dining without masks

Quote:
The mayor of Portland, Oregon, pepper-sprayed a maskless resident who confronted him about the city’s Covid-19 rules after a meal out.

Ted Wheeler, the Democratic mayor since 2016, had been dining with a former mayor, Sam Adams, when the two were confronted by a man carrying a video camera on Sunday evening outside a local pub, according to a police report obtained by Oregon Live.

US companies using pandemic as a tool to break unions, workers claim
Read more

The man, described by Wheeler and Adams as middle-aged, accused the pair of dining without masks, according to the report. Wheeler reportedly told the man the pair were dining in a tented area and so did not need to cover their faces under current regulations.

The man closely followed the mayor as he walked to his car, according to the report.

“He had no face mask on and got within a foot or two of my face while he was videoing me,” Wheeler told police. “I became imminently concerned for my personal safety.”

He added: “I clearly informed him that he needed to back off. He did not do so I informed him that I was carrying pepper spray and that I would use it if he did not back off. He remained at close distance, I pulled out my pepper spray and I sprayed him in the eyes.”

The mayor gave the man a bottle of water to rinse his face, according to the report.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 12:38 pm

Dining without a mask?

How the [expletive deleted] are you meant to wear one while eating? Teleport the food into your mouth?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 10:36 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
Dining without a mask?

How the [expletive deleted] are you meant to wear one while eating? Teleport the food into your mouth?

:lol:

This is one reason why my family and I voted for Wheeler's opponent back in May 2020.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 9:27 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
Dining without a mask?

I guess the guy expected a "Smoothies only" menu to be served. :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 7:36 pm

The perp who confronted Wheeler has "apologized" (quotation marks intentional).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm

:lol: This is awesome. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 10:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: This is awesome. :D

I concur! :lol:

Wheeler hasn't done anything to clean up the streets of Portland and not done anything about homelessness.